[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about the fact that South Korea is building 250km/h

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1496300614.jpg (343KB, 749x562px) Image search: [Google]
1496300614.jpg
343KB, 749x562px
How do you feel about the fact that South Korea is building 250km/h high speed rail to a mountain resort town because they promised it in their Winter Olympics dossier and can't back away even after actual cost estimate said the rail link would cost 4 times as much as originally thought?

The entire population along the 121 kilometer stretch of rail link is less than 350,000.

Pic related: High speed rail station in the middle of dairy farms and oil storage tanks.
>>
They'll do the obvious and build new towns and cities along the line, eventually transforming it into an important infrastructure project that allows to alleviate housing and population pressure in existing major metropolitan areas.
>>
its not a terrible idea, most major populations need to start growing outwards.
>>
>>1077991
The whole line is surrounded by mountains.

There is really no land to develop.

South Korea has one of the population density in the world. Any land near population centers that is remotely "developable" has already been turned into housing or retail/office space.

>>1077992
Another HSR that travels southward from Seoul but 100km west of existing HSR line, which would have actually relieved the traffic on main HSR line and spurred high density development along the line, has been delayed because S. Korea busted the railroad budget on this railway to nowhere.
>>
The Olympic Games are a huge scam that virtually nobody but big multinational corporations profits from. The communities that host it are heavily indebted from the required expenditures to build the facilities and infrastructure that will have little use after the 2 weeks of festivities.
>>
>>1077982
>>1077994
A 200km/h upgraded specs high speed conventional rail line as an access route to the far east to northeast coast makes more sense.
>>
>>1078021
Although I agree with the expressway (highway?) at hand an alternative alignment might be better. for the route. All depends on demand for this east-west corridor.
>>
What in Davy Jones’ locker did ye just bark at me, ye scurvy bilgerat? I’ll have ye know I be the meanest cutthroat on the seven seas, and I’ve led numerous raids on fishing villages, and raped over 300 wenches. I be trained in hit-and-run pillaging and be the deadliest with a pistol of all the captains on the high seas. Ye be nothing to me but another source o’ swag. I’ll have yer guts for garters and keel haul ye like never been done before, hear me true. You think ye can hide behind your newfangled computing device? Think twice on that, scallywag. As we parley I be contacting my secret network o’ pirates across the sea and yer port is being tracked right now so ye better prepare for the typhoon, weevil. The kind o’ monsoon that’ll wipe ye off the map. You’re sharkbait, fool. I can sail anywhere, in any waters, and can kill ye in o’er seven hundred ways, and that be just with me hook and fist. Not only do I be top o’ the line with a cutlass, but I have an entire pirate fleet at my beck and call and I’ll damned sure use it all to wipe yer arse off o’ the world, ye dog. If only ye had had the foresight to know what devilish wrath your jibe was about to incur, ye might have belayed the comment. But ye couldn’t, ye didn’t, and now ye’ll pay the ultimate toll, you buffoon. I’ll shit fury all over ye and ye’ll drown in the depths o’ it. You’re fish food now, lad.
>>
Since it os a thread about Jorean HSR, may I use the opportunity to ask why I saw a new article titled "KoreaRail Network AuthorityWins Malaysia-Singapore High-speed RailwayProject" on a Korean site but nowhere else and the site itself have also been 404-ed. Is this a real report?
>>1077991
From Japanese experience we already know how well would HST commuting works
>>1077982
After some searches ... they aren't just building one high speed rail line to that part of the coountry but two with the other to Sokcho..? How many sections will both lines share?
>>
>>1078102
1. Obviously fake. Korea is part of the team and Kuala Lumpur – Singapore HSR has yet advanced to that stage of construction.
2. Yes to supplement, no to work alone.
3. A branch to Sokcho or extension of Yeongdong line (the east coast lines will be upgraded to higher/intermediate speed, possibly for KTX) from Gangneung. This section of Gyeongwon line is called Wonju-Gangneung afterall.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.