[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>b-but my arm was extended, that means you don't exist!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: Left+Turn.jpg (37KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
Left+Turn.jpg
37KB, 360x240px
>b-but my arm was extended, that means you don't exist!

This is what cyclists seriously believe.
>>
>>1074683
nah you rarely ever see one that signals most of them assume you are a telepath.
>>
You realize overtaking at intersections is illegal, right?
>>
>>1074694
prolly cuz 99% of drivers dont know what hand signals mean, or dont even see the biker anyways
>>
>>1074683
You can't turn left from the curb lane. First merge into the traffic lane, then perform your turn. As a cyclist I have no expectation that drivers will slow and let me in, and prefer that they just maintain their speed and get da fuck out of the way instead of slowly trailing me. Even with a mirror it is difficult to gauge what people behind you are planning to do.
>>
>>1076463
>he actually uses hand signals
Enjoy getting killed

Have at least two overpowered lights in each direction (front and back), one on strobe mode and one on steady. Put it on maximum output and pointed at eye level, and you're good to go. The cagers get confused and slow down/stop because they don't know what to make of me

Trying to communicate with them is basically a death sentence, do not do this. Just blind them and get on with your ride
>>
>>1074683
You indicate a left turn by extending your right arm, desu.

Anyway, cagers are angry retards who can't slow down 4 seconds nor keep their speed as if we don't exist, as if you enjoy doing stupid moves just to harass us.
>>
>>1074694

To be fair, how many drivers do you know that actually know what the correct hand signals are? I know a lot of people who *really* need to review their basic licensing handbook. Hell I know a lot of CDL holders who probably couldn't pass right now.
>>
>>1076509
No cagers would ever understand that, you think they even understand what I'm doing in the first place? I have to make it easy for them.
>>
>cagecucks
>>
>>1076468
>Put it on maximum output and pointed at eye level
I used to do this until I got tired of them flashing their high beams and swerving towards me.
>>
>>1076463
>tfw everytime I signal for a right turn the driver coming towards me gets a glazed look over their eyes and confusedly starts waving back at me
>>
>>1074683

All cyclists should be gassed.
>>
>>1076698
t. every cager
>>
File: sagepub.png (11KB, 145x54px) Image search: [Google]
sagepub.png
11KB, 145x54px
>seriously responding to weak bait
sage goes into every field
>>
>>1076681
>swerving towards me
??? you mean away from you, right?
>>
File: kHruzBM.png (174KB, 416x396px) Image search: [Google]
kHruzBM.png
174KB, 416x396px
>extending your arm at a turn

What are you? a filthy casual?
>>
>>1076774
I hope not. Any retard who purposely or otherwise blinds a fellow road user deserves some swerving against. And more. Run the fuckers off the road until they get the hint
>t. fellow cyclist with enough sense and common decency to use stzvo lights
>>
>>1076797
stzvo lights are for the MUP, fucking pushover

enjoy getting killed by cagers because you felt you needed to apologize for being on a bike
>>
>>1076797
>I'll endanger people's lives because I can't get over my anger issues

wew
>>
>>1076463
well they tech you what the hand signals mean in driver school. interestingly nobody seems to understand the signals the policemen are supposed to use so they don't use them they do all kinds of funky shit they think is more intuitive but pretty confusing in the context of traffic code. technically it shouldn't matter what the cop does with his hands all you have to see is how his legs are standing.
>>
>>1076509
>You indicate a left turn by extending your right arm
and you wonder why drivers are enraged by you?
>>
>>1076797
yeah if i ever meet that fucker i will kick him until he stops breathing. there is annoying, and fucking assblasted faceclawing annoying as hell, and there is the faggots with the blinking laser backlight.
>>
>>1076463
Here in Poland probably everybody know what's up with hand signals. People under 18 have to get bicycle card to be allowed to ride, so kids learn and write test from needed stuff in primary school, including hand signals.
>>
>using hand signals
Why the fuck don't you just use some of your own awareness and make sure nobody is going to murder you when you turn?
>>
>>1076854
>if I ever meet that fucker I'll think of something snarky to say as he passes me and mumble it under my breath
Fixed
>>
>>1076860
it's the same as using an index on a car really. it doesn't substitute shit it lets others know what you want to do.
>>
>>1076865
or get in front of him and blast him with the windshield cleaner.
>>
>>1076875
Because a car weighs a literal ton and will kill anything that doesn't know what's it's going to do. Your 180 lbs of person and bike isn't a threat to anything but yourself, nobody cares what your doing but you. If you fuck up its because your not paying enough attention, I've dodged so many stupid drivers because I noticed they weren't looking in my direction or driving shitty. I'm not going to rely on the clown driving to keep me safe, that shit is on me.
>>
File: 1495016877244.jpg (426KB, 1653x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1495016877244.jpg
426KB, 1653x1023px
>>1076853
because they are fucking wagecucks trying to vent their anger at someone because they are too cucked to reply to their boss?
>>
>>1076879
partially agree, you shouldn't rely on anyone in traffic, but you kinda have to. it usually takes two making a mistake at the same time to have an accident. so if you watch out you probably gonna be okay. but you argument about not letting others know what you want to do is moronic. it's the same retarded reason why drivers don't use the index. "they know what they want to do fuck everyone else they will figure it out eventually." that's just crap manners on the road.
>>
>>1076899
I'm saying you should be smart enough to not do dumb shit that disrupts people, and if you do its pretty much entirely your fault. Wait an extra second for that car to pass before you switch lanes, use those holes in your face to make sure you are clear to turn without dying. You know, super simple shit that elitist bikers get mad about when they don't do it and a driver gets mad because some sack of meat riding a bike thinks it has more privilege to the road.
>>
>>1076466
this.
>>
>2017
>being too poor to afford an automobile
>>
So uhh...why don't road bicycles have indicators yet? or brake lights? or head lights?
>>
>>1078608
>indicators
You can buy them, but they're pretty useless since the bike itself is too narrow for the direction to be obvious unless you're up close, at which point hand signals are just as good
>brake lights
Because road bikes don't normally go from 60mph to a dead stop
>head lights
Is that a joke? I've got two, a flood and an stzvo shaped beam
>>
>>1078609
>the bike itself is too narrow for the direction to be obvious
you obviously have to make arrow shaped led indicators like << and >> that way direction is obvious enough.
>>
>>1078609
>too narrow for the direction to be obvious unless you're up close
Works pretty fine for motorcycles?
>Because road bikes don't normally go from 60mph to a dead stop
Speed is nothing to do this, it displays you are slowing down or intending to stop
>Is that a joke? I've got two, a flood and an stzvo shaped beam
No? Lights are mega important as you are completely invisible in the dark without any kind of front light, good luck turning in a junction against a car which completely cannot see you.
>>
>>1078622
>I have no reading comprehension
I guess English is not your first language. So, to clarify: I asked if it was a joke because people do have headlights on bikes. In most places they are mandatory after dark. I run them during the day as well. Therefore, the person must have been joking because it seems preposterous. Like asking why they don't make bike helmets, or asking if bikes can have fenders.

As for the brake lights, they do exist for bikes, but like the turn signals, they're not really as useful as you think.
>>
>>1078622
>Speed is nothing to do this, it displays you are slowing down or intending to stop
fun fact break lights are illegal for bikes and you can't have indicators either. basically you can only have yellow reflectors on the side white lamp at front red at back every other color and function is illegal.
>>
>>1078625
Alright maybe I should clarify, why aren't all of these things standard for road riding? You might think it preposterous but I see plenty people without any kit at all meandering around the road without a care in the world, basic things like bike mounted lighting would go a long way.

Mostly I speak as a biker who does lots of filtering with city driving, I try to be considerate with cyclists but lots of them are so damn unpredictable. I know indicators are a hard sell for the majority of inept drivers out there but if you at least show where you intend to do I can plan my maneuvers accordingly.
>>
>>1078629
>why aren't all of these things standard for road riding
Agreed, why aren't they? I guess the bike industry would probably say that most people don't like to ride after dark, so why make the bike more expensive than it has to be. I'm not saying they're right, but that would be the argument.

In some countries I understand it's not legal to sell a bike without lights.
>>
>>1078631
>not legal to sell a bike without lights
thankfully i got them reflectors and other crap in a separate bag.
i refuse to put these silly shits on my bike. if the cops try to stop me they will have a hard time i can go where they can't by car and they will never catch me on foot. and i have no license plate to write up.
>>
>>1076826
People's lives are worth much less than you've been taught all your life.
>>
>>1078743
>t. psychopath
>>
>>1078751
Do you know how many people die every day? Many of them abandoning children, spouses and parents, screaming in fear and pain in the last moments of their lives,. Do you care?
Beyond your family and friends, humans are this interchangeable mass that has no meaning to you except statistics.
>>
>>1078767
Edge aside, people care a lot about the legal ramifications (and damage to their cuck cages) of murdering someone, and so you're protected by that even from psychopaths like yourself.
>>
I've been browsing this board for 15 minutes its my first time is a cager someone who drives a car?
>>
>>1078796
Not exactly, all cagers drive cars, but you can drive a car without being a cager:
A cager is someone who becomes irascible and impolite when driving, because when you're inside the anonymity and protection of a gilded cage, there's a temptation to behave badly since they can do so without suffering social or physical consequences.

It's not an /n/ meme, the term "cager" has been popular with motorcyclists for many years, and the underlying complaint has been heard throughout history about jerks on horseback, in carriages, on bicycles, sailors in port, etc... Here's a cartoon from 1950 that notes the same phenomenon:

https://youtu.be/mZAZ_xu0DCg
>>
>>1078811
>anonymity
you are literally numbered with a license plate for easier tracking and identification.

the truth is like 10% of the human population is clear cut sociopaths. and you tend to remember them because their callous disregard for your safety or needs imprint deeper than the 9 other driver that does nothing wrong.

what i noticed is this: taxi drivers at least half of them are outrageous assholes. certain types of cars are a good indicator you gonna meet with an asshole.

some people are just plain dumb tho they don't pay attention don't understand what's happening and unintentionally doing crap shit and hold everyone up. interestingly this category tends to piss me off worse than the aggressive aholes.
>>
>>1076556
It's literally the only thing I remember from boy scouts.
>>
>>1078826
>10% of the human population is clear cut sociopaths
>some people are just plain dumb
Your view of humanity is awfully bleak. Of course habits and personality shape behavior, but situation and context are just as important.

Even the most saintly, placid persons will become irritable if sleep-deprived or hungry, and an otherwise polite person is more likely to be rude when put in a situation where they see no drawback to venting the emotions that they would normally keep reigned in.
>>
>>1078844
80% is usually okay but some people should not drive and some should be locked up for the common good. that's all.
>>
>>1076509
>You indicate a left turn by extending your right arm, desu.

Not even high quality bait.
>>
File: 1485424960296.jpg (42KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485424960296.jpg
42KB, 480x640px
>>1078767
>>
>>1077632
>2017
>unironically paying hard-earned money for parking
>and gas
>and insurance that won't help you when you actually need it
>just to go to work, which is like 5 miles away anyway
drivers are the ultimate cucks
>>
>>1081497
i drive company car
gas paid by company
service paid by company
even cleaning paid by company
>>
>>1076463
>>1076509
>>1076556
>>1076687
>>1078832
Children from the age of 1 can understand what pointing means. If your signal does not provoke the use of this instinct in those who view it, your signal is faulty.

Anyone who needs to 'learn' this as part of their driver training is mentally defective.

>>1076860
Why do you think it's not possible to do both?

>>1076879
Others on the road ought to care about what you're about to do when your paths may cross. It makes things more pleasant for everyone when everyone's intentions are well understood.

>>1076903
There's no reason why you can't signal as part of riding defensively. You're presenting a false dichotomy

>>1078608
>why don't road bicycles have indicators yet
Hand signals serve this purpose adequately, when the appropriate signals are made.

>or brake lights?
Road bikes have some of the worst braking performance of any vehicle on the road and they travel relatively slowly. Other road users can also see clearly whether or not power is being applied. Basically, anyone who can derive useful information from a bicycle brake light is following too close to begin with.

>or head lights?
They are already required for riding during the hours of darkness.

>>1078631
The argument is that there is no advantage in incorporating them into the design of the bike and it holds true.

>In some countries I understand it's not legal to sell a bike without lights.
Which countries?

>>1078652
Are you required to have reflectors on your bike?

>>1078826
Yes, motorists are not truly anonymous, but they're not readily identifiable to most others nearby and only interaction they have with the others they encounter is transient, so for that reason the effect of motoring is akin to anonymisation.
>>
>>1081518
OK so basically you have a free car, which is a relatively rare situation to be in.
But then again, it's not really your car, is it?
>>
>>1081534
that's the best part i don't have a car i can just use one like my own. but if it's stolen of crashed, it's insured and the company just leases an other one. every 5 years i get a new one too. too bad i can't get an electric car.a tesla would be awesome. one can only dream.
>>
>>1081533
>Children from the age of 1 can understand what pointing means. If your signal does not provoke the use of this instinct in those who view it, your signal is faulty.
>Anyone who needs to 'learn' this as part of their driver training is mentally defective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZepJFmFB7BE
>>
>>1081533
>>In some countries I understand it's not legal to sell a bike without lights.
>Which countries?
i think that's the case in germany, but i don't know for sure
pretty sure the lights don't have to be much though, just like a $10 blinky is enough
>>
>>1081619
My bike doesn´t have lights, and I live in germany.
I bought cheap USB rechargeable ones from decathlon I can atach when needed.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.