[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would I look like a loser if I wore a cap under a helmet without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: cap.jpg (10KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
10KB, 300x225px
Would I look like a loser if I wore a cap under a helmet without the rest of the kit? I don't have a jersey or shorts yet I just want to be a
cool cyclist already
>>
My commute is like a mile on the bike, so I just wear normal clothes but sometimes with a cap under my helmet if its really sunny or rainy or I just want to.
>>
A cap under a helmet is barely noticeable.
You'll still look like a loser regardless of what you wear or do so don't worry about it
>>
Hijacking your thread. How do you real cyclists feel about cyclists who don't wear "full kit"? Down here in the south, "full kit" riders are also known as spandex queers. When I'm riding, I don a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Obviously aero-dynamics come into play, but to me it doesn't seem worth it.
>>
>>1073968

The south is such a shithole
>>
>>1073968
Just enjoy the ride and wear what is comfortable. When you get paid to ride bikes for a living then you can worry about proper kit.

You can still get club fit or baggier jersey with a full zipper and pockets on the back without looking super Fred aero and it will probably be more comfy on a hot day, especially with the full zipper. Plus you can put snacks or your phone or a tube in the back pocket
>>
>>1073968
you're not riding enough. i was the same as you a while back. then i started to have ass problems due to shorts+underwear during medium/long rides with heat. sore ass. had to stop riding for a week or whatever. if shit gets infected it can get serious even demanding an operation. (and more time off the bike). so i switched to bike shorts (dont know the correct name, im not an english speaker, but the lower part of a kit). and holy shit those things are comfy. theyt make long hard rides a lot better bro, try em. fuck what they say. i usually ride with those leggings and a normal sport shirt....would use a full kit i think,just dont have it..

anyway, real question here, why are those caps so apreciated by cyclists? i can get the historical part of them.. but..(and especially under a helmet), they dont really protect you more from the sun? the small sun hood (hah, just invented the name) isnt really useful i would think... you would be swating a lot also...

why are they so cool?
>>
>>1073968
You're only seen as a spandex queer if you're just being a tryhard while wearing a pro team's kit. If you're riding professionally it's acceptable, and if you're not covering yourself in logos nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>1073968
I don't care nor think about them. I'm comfortable, they're not.
>>
>>1073968
Mate, whatever. Just shut up and ride.
>>
>>1073976
Cycling caps fit better under a helmet. The small brim shields your eyes from elements such as sunlight, wind, rain, dust, without completely impeding your vision while riding bent over on a road bike. You can easily flip the brim up if you're riding aggressively low in the drops, so your vision ahead and above isn't being blocked too. The cotton material soaks up sweat from getting in your eyes. It also keeps your head warm or cool.
>>
>>1073929
Anybody that posts on 4cahn is a loser so wear whatever you want.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.