[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ride 48CM bikes due to being 5'8" >all my bikes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: duraace.jpg (40KB, 625x417px) Image search: [Google]
duraace.jpg
40KB, 625x417px
>ride 48CM bikes due to being 5'8"

>all my bikes tend to be lower than the UCI weight limit

why do people brag about being under that weight limit?

my 48cm litespeed can't race in a cat5 city event
>>
How do you not feel cramped on a frame that small?
>>
>>1073357
because im short also stems come in different lengths, long stems look goofy but it works
>>
bro what are you doing? im 5'5" and i ride a 50cm frame.. correct.. i made a lot of calculations and this was my correct size.. why do you need a so small frame? are youre legs short as hell?

btw all pro bikes are usuallylower than uci limit so they add weights... correct me if im fuckig it up but thats what i know
>>
>>1073363
It depends. I'm 5'6, usually ride a 52cm. But on some bikes, i'll drop down to 50, or even 49 cm. there's some companies (surly, all-city, pinarello) that just measure shit all weird. But litespeed isnt really one of them

that said, i cant imagine a bike thatd fit someone 5'8 on a 48cm and wouldnt be an abysmal fit. sure you can get a longer stem but that's not fixing the problem entirely, you're fucking with handling at that point. and unless you got tiny legs, like, 28 inch inseam, that saddle is gonna be high as fuck.

you got the wrong size bike my dude

>btw all pro bikes are usuallylower than uci limit so they add weights
This is also true. Fishing lures down the seattube is the common one, or weights to the bottom bracket, since it makes the weight lower. ive also heard of intentionally using lower level components, like an ultegra casette on a dura-ace bike because of weight
>>
>>1073363
I grew up on bmx bikes, and yeah the saddle is way the fuck up there.

But I really love how the headtube is down near the ground on a 48

And that the drops put your hands right there up next to a 29inch/700c sized wheel.

The only difference in handling is that a 48cm will feel more snappy Nd a little less stable when doing shit like track stands.

My true size is a 54 or 52 !,sometimes 53) depending on frame Geo and brand so it's only 2-3 sizes smaller.

> Tfw my road bike is smaller than most women's bikes at the group rides
>>
>mfw 5ยด3
>>
File: 4532415675.jpg (34KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
4532415675.jpg
34KB, 500x383px
>>1073380
>rides 54cm frame
>>
>5'8"
>Rides a 48cm frame
Everybody I present to you, the Sieg!
>>
File: download (10).jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (10).jpg
10KB, 259x194px
>>1073356
Bring back arbelesque.
>>
>framelets
57 frame masterrace
>>
What does frame size got to do with weight? The extra mass is like 100g between the smallest and biggest frame of the same model.
>>
>>1073436
Usually bikes are sold with proportional stem length and handlebar width so the weight difference can be significant. If the wheels are also proportional (Surly does that) then it's very significant.
>>
>>1073443
>If the wheels are also proportional (Surly does that) then it's very significant.
Say what? Does this mean Surly size/scale up the geometry without messing with ratios while other manufacturers do not?
>>
fucking retarded and wrong-on-purpose about everything yet again sieg.
How do you make a career of this being wrong thing?

your 48cm frame absolutely does not fit you
>>
>>1073356
There is no weight limit for cat 5 races.
>>
File: Riding a 48cm frame.jpg (21KB, 320x334px) Image search: [Google]
Riding a 48cm frame.jpg
21KB, 320x334px
>>1073356
>>
>>1073356
just do what the pros do and add weights to your bike, preferably in the bottom bracket area so it keeps your center of gravity low
>>
>>1073474
Fits fine

Nobody would know it was a 48 if I posted pics unless I added something for scale next to I

It will look like any other sized down frame
>>
Only on the bike i can find peace for being 5'4
>>
OP is a monster.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.