[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used to take my dog running alongside my bike, it was pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Beautiful-American-Akita.jpg (49KB, 750x493px) Image search: [Google]
Beautiful-American-Akita.jpg
49KB, 750x493px
I used to take my dog running alongside my bike, it was pretty nice. It was just a cheap bike I got at walmart though and the handlebars weren't that stable.

I'd like to get another bike but I have two issues:
1. I am not certain how much money I should drop on a bike that I won't use all that much--just for short rides for enjoyment/exercise, not transportation anywhere.

2. I need to take two dogs with me now. Previously I only took one dog and just held her leash in my hand. I was curious about if anyone bikes with two and if it is worth trying one of those "springer" contraptions on both sides of the bike.
>>
Don't ride with your dog, shit's dangerous.
>>
>>1072956
I don't really see how. I have good bike trails and well mannered dogs.
It's one of the best ways to tire out this little heeler mutt.
>>
Will they follow you if you don't keep them on a leash? Do they have helmets?
>>
File: dogehelmet.jpg (153KB, 996x644px) Image search: [Google]
dogehelmet.jpg
153KB, 996x644px
>>
>>1072958
>I don't see how it's dangerous
Doesn't mean it isn't, just that you're careless. People vastly overestimate how well trained their dogs are all the time.
>>
>>1072958
They may be well mannered but they're still dumb beasts, something can catch their attention and make them run across the trail, making you fall or just putting the leash right across the trail making someone else fall.
>>
>>1072948
Use a waist leash instead of holding it in your hand. The waist leash places any pulling force that the dog exerts firmly at you center of gravity. You'll find that you feel a lot more stable.

For the two dogs, id recommend getting one of those 2-way couplers for the end of the wait leash.
>>
>>1073138
yes, no.

>>1073160
>>1073157
the trails we go on have various stimuli all the time. they don't bolt after stuff.
i worked at a kennel that did training hunting dogs and obedience for a while. the dogs behavior isn't the issue, ok.

>>1073165
I have one of those but desu I don't like it very much. I found it easier to just make a knot in something/fork it and clip it. Same concept but more secure than the alligator clips I've found on couplers.

>>1073139
thats a nice cattle dog. one of mine is half cattle dog. they are good active buddies.
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (237KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
237KB, 1500x1200px
Cheapest bike you should consider: An entry level bike from a reputable seller costs somewhere in the neighborhood of 300, US. Used can be found for significantly less. Avoid anything sold at walmart.

Zero experience using them personally. My last soigneur's husband used one. Dog needs to be trained well enough to take verbal commands, even around untermensh and road ragers.

He had a tow leash type, rather than a spring type, with a harness. No idea if it would work with multiple dogs, or the possible complications.

Pic vaugely related.
>>
How do you even ride with your dog? Unless they were full sprinting you'd be going too slow to keep balance.
>>
Here is a bike that is objectively great for all your purposes: relatively cheap, great build qualtiy, endurance geometry, can be taken on trails with bike tired, carbon fork, aluminum frame, good shifting system.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/disc-brake-roadbikes/omnistrada-sport-discbrake-bike.htm
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.