[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/steel/ ITT we discuss the objective superiority of steel bicycles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: Surly Instigator2.jpg (84KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
Surly Instigator2.jpg
84KB, 526x526px
/steel/

ITT we discuss the objective superiority of steel bicycles

Continued from >>1062933
>>
>>1072578
Objective superiority mean steel is superior in every way, which is not. Yes steel is cheap, yes they make strong frames with it, yes it's relatively comfy, then yes a steel bike is superior if you only want to commute. For everything else aluminum and garbon frames are better.
>>
>>1072586
>Objective superiority mean steel is superior in every way, which is not.
No, it means that the ways in which it is superior objectively outweigh the ways in which it is not.
>For everything else aluminum and garbon frames are better.
>what is touring
>what is bikepacking
>what is going on adventure rides where you'll be leaving your bike locked and unattended
>what is literally everything except racing
>>
>>1072594
>Touring, bikepacking and adventuring with 40kg of stuff.
Since when it is ? Last time I did it weighted less than 3kg, so nope you can do it with a road bike as long as it's not a paper-like frame.

>No, it means that the ways in which it is superior objectively outweigh the ways in which it is not.

No, it objectively doesn't and even less subjectively, at least for me. If you have fun with you steel bike then good for you.
>>
>>1072578
/horseandbuggy/

ITT we discuss the objective superiorty of horse-and-buggy transportation

/hotairbaloon/

ITT we discuss the objective superiority of hot air baloons over fixed-wing and rotating wing aircraft

/smokesignals/

ITT we discuss the objective superiority of smoke signals over other forms of communication (heliograph, telegraph, telephone, internet, etc)

/witchdoctor/

ITT we discuss the objective superiority of Witch Doctor medicine over degreed medical professionals, hospitals, etc

/huntergatherernomads/

ITT we discuss the objective superiority of the hunter-gatherer nomadic lifestyle over agriculture, fixed settlements/towns/cities, etc

/claytablets/

ITT we discuss the objective superiority of using clay tablets to record information (instead of paper, printing presses, computers, etc)
>>
>>1072600
>Horse and buggy
More fuel efficient
>hot air balloon
Far cheaper
>smoke signals
More secure
>Witch doctor
Gave crazy people a function in society instead of just locking them up
>clay tablets
Stands the test of time
Much like steel
>>
>>1072625
LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE

LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE LUDDITE

>>
>>1072625
>>Horse and buggy
>More fuel efficient
i don't think you comprehend the sheer mass of feedd a horse needs to consume to effectively haul a buggy around for an appreciable length of time
>>
File: 2017-03-16 22.48.24.jpg (606KB, 1632x1223px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-16 22.48.24.jpg
606KB, 1632x1223px
ITT: autists with double digit IQ taking a bait thread seriously
That being said, r8 70s steel nippon sled pls
>>
>>1072578

Too flexy and it can be a nightmare in salty climates. You people here are afraid of carbon yet your 1970's steel frame is probably rusted paper thin from the inside.
>>
File: Untitled.png (55KB, 361x72px)
Untitled.png
55KB, 361x72px
>>1072578
>superiority
>still posts surly

Sort yourself out.
>>
>>1072650
>taking a bait thread seriously
LOL, no, I don't have to take it seriously to mock it mercilessly, now do I? I mean, what else does 4chan exist for, if you can't come here and mock people mercilessly? It's like you're saying I can't indiscriminately destroy people on the internets or something. Are you some sort of commie sympathizer, against the American way or something?
>>
>>1072600
/ShittingInAHoleInTheGround/

ITT we discuss the objective superiority of shitting in a hole in the ground (instead of using a toilet)

/LivingInACave/

ITT we discuss the objective superiority of not living in houses and other structures that shelter you from the elements

/ShunningAllTechnology/

ITT we discuss the objective superiority of shunning all technology, instead living as God intended us (like wild animals)

/RaisedByWolves/

ITT we discuss the objective superiority of being raised by wolves

/ReverseEvolution/

ITT we discuss the objective superiority of reversing our evolution as a species, and returning to the glory days of brachiating from tree limb to tree limb, making OOK OOK OOK noises instead of speaking words (language is a MEME!) spending our days picking parasites out of each others' fur, and flinging our poop at predators.
>>
>>1072650
Cute
>>
>>1072578
If you posted a Chromag or a TransAM this would be a completely different conversation.
>>
>>1072754
>shitting in a hole in the ground
Never clogs
>living in a cave
Radiation proof
>shunning all technology
Population follows needs instead of the other way around
>raised by wolves
Instant employment at any circus
>reversed evolution
We would all be much happier
>>
>Better stiffness
>More resistant against corrosion
>Better strenght/weight ratio
>More abundant in the Earths crust
>More recyclable
>Better finish available(hard coat III)

Inb4 fatigue limit
>>
File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (111KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (5).jpg
111KB, 1920x1080px
Don't let anyone see this.
>>
File: carbon steerer.jpg (116KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
carbon steerer.jpg
116KB, 666x1000px
>>1073286
What is that supposed to signify?
>>
>>1073370
All the other materials held up to impact whereas the carbon catastrpicly failed. According to carbon fags the photo doesn't exist. I'm not one of those REAL STEEL fags but come on carbon only belongs in racing.
>>
>>1073397
Are you implying that any frame material with a dent that big wouldn't turn into a wet noodle?

Carbon fails in a different way compared to steel, titanium, and aluminium. Metals get dents in them instead of outright breaking in half. However if you get a dent that big into your chromoly frame the frame is fucked. At least if you're using it for anything else than slowly cruising around town. Carbon on the other hand breaks instead of denting.
>>
>>1072641
Look at this >witch doctor
>>
>>1073398
Yes the frame is fucked, but your not.
>>
>>1073413
How do you get a dent that big into a frame without crashing? Show me a single modern, failed frame that has just spontaneously exploded into pieces without being first crashed or abused somehow.
>>
>>1073433
>Cars don't fall apart just from normal driving guess me don't need seat belts and airbags then
>>
Was your post supposed to be accompanied by a smug anime girl or did you just go full retard?
>>
>>1073465
Obviously meant for >>1073454
>>
>>1073465
Show me any frame that just exploded under normal riding conditions. Thats clearly not what we are talking about here.
>>
>>1073397
>carbon only belongs in racing
The sound of poverty.
>>
>>1073483
Both Scott and Merida has had high profile recalls on (alloy) forks that spontaneously snapped during normal riding, just in the last few years.
>>
>>1073465
Pic is intentional. It's a Surly Instigator. Which is steel.
>>
>>1072578

whatever man, when you put an engine any bike is rideable.
>>
File: IMG_0210.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0210.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Yo! steel frame steel fork steel stem and steel seatpost cuz steel is real yo
>>
File: zelvy.jpg (189KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
zelvy.jpg
189KB, 2048x1365px
>>1073397
>carbon only belongs in racing.

Tell that to the millions of Carbon bikes used for daily commuting and recreation. Get better at cycling if you're so afraid of crashing.
>>
>>1073721
If you never crash you're not riding hard enough, faggot fred
>>
>>1073736
do you prefer your energy drinks before or after crashing into stuff?
>>
>>1073746
crashing =/= crashing into stuff
I don't drink energy drinks.
>>
>>1073747
Wow a fred that doesn't drink coffee?
>>
>>1073776
I'm not a fred you fucking faggot, I guarantee I am a stronger cyclist than you.
>>
>>1074114
What a fred-like thing to say
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.