[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a velomobile with electric assist the best vehicle on earth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: $_84.jpg (26KB, 498x374px) Image search: [Google]
$_84.jpg
26KB, 498x374px
Is a velomobile with electric assist the best vehicle on earth?

+Extremely efficient, price to ride is like 5 cents / 100 km
+Super cheap maintenance (most work can be done on road with reserve parts, no garage needed)
+Complete protection against the elements, same as a car
+Very lightweight compared to motorcycle and car. (like 30 kgs)
+Can be made very robust
+Lots of cargo space >50/150 liters
+comfortable, can ride for hours on end
+New price the same as that of a second hand car
+No other fees or tax

Aside from their dorky looks (albeit subjective) and lack of proper infrastructure (depends on country, but most infra is made for cars) it seems like the perfect vehicle

Also to all bike fags a velomobile is not made to replace bicycles, bicycles are here to stay. velomobiles are merely an addition to the garage. An addition, not a replacement.
>>
It just seems a very self sufficient and independent vehicle. If your motorcycle breaks down you need to call a tow service or repair service or friends. With a velo however you can always carry all the spare parts u need, plus you can ride in all weathers.
>>
Also if you're out of electricity (fuel) you can still get home at decent speed, unlike with a car and you need to walk with a motorcycle.

I really like the extreme simplicity and robustness of a velo, there's so few parts and so little that can break

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-gmLK68GXQ
>>
Is this bait? This must be bait.
>>
+Extremely efficient, price to ride is like 5 cents / 100 km
They don't do 100km on a charge
+Super cheap maintenance (most work can be done on road with reserve parts, no garage needed)
Arguably cheaper than a car. The batteries tho don't last that many cycles and are expensive.
And you'd want some way to secure it from theft.
+Complete protection against the elements, same as a car
A car without AC or heating, or wind shield wipers lmao
+Very lightweight compared to motorcycle and car. (like 30 kgs)
True
+Can be made very robust
You'd still be dead if a car hits you.
+Lots of cargo space >50/150 liters
Less than you could hang on a bike
+comfortable, can ride for hours on end
It's probably comfortable as far as pedal powered vehicles go. Then again it's probably a mobile sauna on a sunny day.
+New price the same as that of a second hand car
And it does less than a second hand one
+No other fees or tax
True

I'm sceptical of these.
The only advantage I see compared to a regular bicycle is that it's better in the rain, then again riding in a big turd close to the ground in bad weather means people will not see you, and at the very least some car will take a turn and push you over.
>>
>>1070400
>mobile sauna
>a bad thing
Sauna is the most redpilled skincare regimen, anon. Join the master race
>>
>>1070400
Velomobiles are much faster than upright bikes or even bents thanks to vastly improved aerodynamics.

>>1070402
>tfw sauna after a long ride
>tfw sauna after any physical activity
>tfw sauna just for the sake of going to sauna
>>
>>1070400
>They don't do 100km on a charge
A velomobile already goes 50km/h with 250 watts on the flat.

Easy to do 100 km.
>>
Have seen a few of these on the roads here in Denmark, seems like a pretty good ride for those longer commuting trips.

I tried a recliner once, and it was fun as hell to ride, never tried a velomobile, but I heard they were extremely comfortable to ride in shitty weather.

That price-tag though...
>>
>>1070358
But what's the towing capacity?
>>
>>1070963
'bout three fiddy
>>1070400
It is a concept that is very idealistic. I don't see it leaving its niche soon.
Unfortunately, the safety issue is the most compelling argument against it. Without redesigning traffic on a large scale they won't catch on.
>>
To me personally I don't look at recumbents the same as road bikes, because they're not. I think it's a lazy way of riding although technically it's still riding a bicycle. I think it just looks lazy but I don't believe it's a lazy way of riding just because of the way it looks but because laying down on your back with something to push against really allows the entire body to take some of the force exerted rather than a traditional position in which the legs apply almost all of the force, which will tire the leg muscles out quicker than you would on a recumbent. It's a totally different class of cycling that looks stupid, and allows people to ride that probably shouldn't be riding a bike.
>>
>>1070358
Every car should be replaced with one of these.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoPGGfqIwiM

The paddle tandem guys.
>>
>>1070963
How big are your quads?
>>
>>1070358
No air flow

Imagine sitting in it in June in the southern California sun where 110degrees is not uncommon
>>
>>1073299
Drill 2 holes and bam!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.