[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you tired of breaking your dick? Get new dick break guar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

File: dick break1.jpg (153KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
dick break1.jpg
153KB, 630x354px
Are you tired of breaking your dick? Get new dick break guards!

http://trustednaturalhealth.com/official-disc-brake-guards-happening/
>>
dumb solution to a problem that doesnt exist

HURR DISC BRAKES ARE LITERALLY SWORDS AND ARE GONNA CUT THROUGH EVERYONE IF YOU SOMEHOW CRASH IN A SPECIFIC WAY

yeah because chainrings couldnt ever do that???

uci = nerds
>>
The funny thing is this could actually be a little bit useful for mountain biking, it would give the rotor some protection to stop it getting bent and would shield it a little bit from water and mud.
>>
>>1070030
Brake rotors rotate much, much faster than chainrings. Chainrings are also half covered by the chain. Chainrings also stop rotating on a crash.
>>
File: 1474566358970.jpg (202KB, 1272x900px) Image search: [Google]
1474566358970.jpg
202KB, 1272x900px
>>1070030
>>1070070
>Brake rotors rotate much, much faster than chainrings

its the rotation its the temperature, braking temperature of discs is around 200C, that is what makes them cut (disc cuts is not a meme no matter what noobs say).

regarding chainrings, they should be covered, cuts already happened in group pile ups + they would keep the chain in place with almost 0 weight penalty.

>>1070062
>The funny thing is this could actually be a little bit useful for mountain biking

they used to run them in late 90s, early 2000s...it grew out of fashion - probably because easier cleaning without them...
>>
Disks on road bikes are totally unnecesary because the time you are braking on a road bike is almost non existent. 90% of the time I use my brakes on the road is for stopping at red lights.
>>
>>1070078
you must live in a very flat place
>>
UCI should just drop the weight limit. That would kill the disc meme for good.
>>
on a road bike your contact patch is so small, rim brakes will stop you just as fine as disc brakes
>>
>>1070125
>on a road bike
as opposed to on a mountain bike when you're on loose gravel anyway and therefore you'll be sliding well before you run out of grabbing power?

also try riding in the rain some time
>>
>>1070129
>try riding in the rain some time
you've obviously never tried koolstop salmons
>>
>>1070129
Except on a mountain bike you're running much wider tires than on road bikes which rules out the by far superior caliper brakes and you're forced to run V or canti brakes if you're on rim brakes. On an MTB you're also much more likely to slightly bust your rim which is bad if you're on rim brakes. And you often ride MTBs in places where the rims easily collect dirt and mud which has an effect on both brake performance and rim wear.

There is a reason why practically all MTBs have discs. The same reasons don't apply to road bikes.

>muh wet weather
The traction is so limited on wet roads that proper rim brakes can easily stop the bike. Even with carbon rims as long as you're not on some first generation carbon rim with polished carbon as the brake surface.
>>
>>1070163
>which rules out the by far superior caliper brakes and you're forced to run V or canti brakes

u rate calipers over v-brakes? why? as a noob on road I wouldnt agree, I would like to see more miniV on road bikes (or at least more direct mount calipers which is basically a Vbrake) ,apparently miniV offer the same modulation and by far easier mainintence + stronger.

>MTB you're also much more likely to slightly bust your rim

that and the rim can stay slightly out of true which is unnoticable on 2.35, with 25mm discs or not, rim has to be 95% straigh to ride safe fast.
>>
I like dick breaks on the MTB if only because they stop my rims getting chewed to hell by the sandy mud around here. But they're total overkill for any road application.
>>
File: mega.jpg (300KB, 1500x749px) Image search: [Google]
mega.jpg
300KB, 1500x749px
>>1070125
Rim brakes have shitty modulation which is the main advantage of discs. Yes, A Walmart bike will lock the wheels instantly with it's rim brakes but that's not what you want, especially on a road bike with limited traction. Modu-fucking-lation not power.

>>1070075
>braking temperature of discs is around 200C

So the cut gets disinfected and cauterized? What's the problem. It's funny how nobody complains about these things during mass start mtb DH races. Really makes you think.
>>
File: IMG_5147.jpg (675KB, 2546x2546px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5147.jpg
675KB, 2546x2546px
>>1070168
>as a noob on road I wouldnt agree, I would like to see more miniV on road bikes

Nah, fuck mini-Vs. They feel powerful when you first set them up, but they have major issues. They have very high mechanical advantage, which means very light lever feel but very little pad motion - you have to set them up with just a whisker of clearance to the rim. Better have wheels that are *perfectly* true, and hope you don't ding them on a rock! And since rim clearances are so tight, small amounts of pad wear dramatically effect brake performance, so brake adjustment is a never-ending process.

Considering that the point of mini-Vs is to allow for more tire clearance on bikes that are going to be used off-road (but use dropbars and standard road levers), I find the razor thin pad clearance and extreme sensitivity to out of true wheels to be unacceptable.

Cantis work great on cross bikes, powerful with tons of rim clearance. Their only disadvantage is that they're a little fiddly to set up.

There's no point in mini-Vs on road bikes; you can get caliper brakes that will clear 35mm tires: pic related

If you need more clearance than that, you're into cross/monstercross/allroad/gravel/adventure/whateverbike territory and should be looking at canti or disc brakes anyway.

>or at least more direct mount calipers which is basically a Vbrake

A direct mount caliper is absolutely not "basically a V-Brake"
>>
>>1070200
if you can't modulate rim brakes properly you have no business in a road race of any level kiddo
>>
>>1070234

Go tell that to the pro UCI riders that have had their careers ended because of killer rim brakes.
>>
File: brake design.jpg (64KB, 620x581px) Image search: [Google]
brake design.jpg
64KB, 620x581px
>>1070168
>direct mount calipers which is basically a Vbrake
slow down there buddy, both designs are of completely different concepts despite utilizing the rim as a braking surface.

Notice on a caliper brake the pivot point is above the brake surface while on a v-brake (and cantilever) the pivot point is below the braking surface

Both designs have completely different modulation and feel despite having similar stopping power.
>>
>>1070129
>also try riding in the rain some time
Where do you think you are
>>
>>1070078
have you considered, anon
that there are people aside from you?

Have you also considered that said people who aren't you have other needs that are different from you?

I live somewhere with lots of rain and hills, disc brakes are a very welcome addition to any road bike.
>>
>>1070200
>So the cut gets disinfected and cauterized?

it would if you put and hold like Conan the Barbarian.

>during mass start mtb DH races

slow speed group pileups on megavalanche start are a meme comapred to 40mph group road crashes. notice also how much "invard" on the hub mtb disc is, its far more exposed on road version and you ride far clser to other riders.

>>1070219
>>1070238
>direct mount caliper is absolutely not "basically a V-Brake"

You got me there, I was reffering mostly that its double mounted (so it adds stifness) sort an inverted v-brake look.
The reason why I would choose mini V insted of long reach caliper on a 35mm is the flex of the non double mount long reach caliper.
>>
>>1070116
Not very hilly, but not really flat, around 500m of elevation in 50km, and there are some steep slopes.

And again, even pros says it is not necessary, and they are guys who ride at 100km/h downhill. If a pro can use rim brakes, I suppose an amateur will do fine with them too.
>>
>>1070070
It's funny you should mention that considering the injury involving Ventoso that started the whole shitstorm about disc brakes and the UCI was confirmed to have been caused by a chainring.
>>
wow what a faggot

>>1070030
>uci = nerds
More like
>uci = faggots

>>1070125
That's not true. One of the main reasons UCI doesn't allow disc brakes is because disc brakes have more stopping power than rim brakes, meaning that if some cyclists in the peloton have rim brakes and others have disc brakes, then the ones with disc brakes will wait until closer to corners/further into corners before braking, and that will cause crashes.
UCI are massive faggots and should just switch everyone to discs.
>>
File: fred king 1438049093802.jpg (169KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
fred king 1438049093802.jpg
169KB, 612x612px
>>1072200
>One of the main reasons UCI doesn't allow disc brakes is because disc brakes have more stopping power than rim brakes, meaning that if some cyclists in the peloton have rim brakes and others have disc brakes, then the ones with disc brakes will wait until closer to corners/further into corners before braking, and that will cause crashes.

that is like saying that wight difference between riders coases crashes or that everoyone has to have the same brand of calipers.

>UCI are massive faggots and should just switch everyone to discs.

t. Megalized jewmerchant shill
>>
>>1071760
Is that so? What about that guy who got a big cut across his shoe? I remember him claiming it was a brake disk but some other people saying it was the barrier he crashed against
>>
>>1072255
>that is like saying that wight difference between riders coases crashes or that everoyone has to have the same brand of calipers.
He only said that this was one of UCIs """reasons""". Not that it made any more sense than all their other """reasons""".
>>
>>1072200
Show me one caliper brake used in the pro peloton that isn't able to lock the wheels.

Disc brakes don't magically make you a better rider or better at braking. You can't stop any faster with them because the limiting factor still is the amount of grip you have.
>>
>>1072361
>better at braking. You can't stop any faster with them because the limiting factor still is the amount of grip you have
They do, they allow you to get closer to optimal bite for the amount of grip.
>>
>>1072429

Fucking this. The whole point of discs is better modulation regardless of the conditions, Not more power.
>>
>>1072429
>>1072455
Disc brakes don't magically make you better at modulating brake power. If you can't brake now you can't brake with discs either. There is a much bigger difference between different people braking than what brakes they're on. If you can't modulate calipers right at the limit of grip you either need new brakes or learn how to brake.

There are reasons why MTB and CX bikes have discs. The same reasons don't apply to road bikes.
>>
>>1072457
Rim brakes have shitty modulation unless the braking surface is perfectly clean, Which is rarely the case. Discs get hot enough to burn off any contaminants almost instantly.
>>
>no one has mentioned discs as a solution to the issue of heat build up and thus decreased braking power on carbon rim brake bikes.
>>
>>1070024
I invented this on here last year and everyone called me an idiot.
>>
>>1072480
Well, you are an idiot for inventing something that has been around for at least fifteen years, m8.
>>
>>1072457
>consistency and modulation curve stability doesnt make it easier to modulate the brake force
Anon you raging turbotard.
>>
>>1070075
>that is what makes them cut
A hot knife would not cut through a steak better than a room temperature knife would
>>
File: lol.png (99KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
99KB, 247x248px
>>1072569
>Anon you raging turbotard.
>>
File: 28mm.jpg (161KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
28mm.jpg
161KB, 1000x667px
>>1072577
>A hot knife would not cut through a steak better than a room temperature knife would

but a dull hot knife would which is what discs are.

>>1072475
>>no one has mentioned discs as a solution to the issue of heat build up and thus decreased braking power on carbon rim brake bikes.

true. but its mostly on issue with carbon clinchers, not with carbon tubulars that pros use - most carbon rims have different surface for braking, but carbon clinchers fail often no matter the braking surface.

>>1072361
>>1072429
>>1072455
>>1072457
less force on the brakes makes more chill and controlled braking - mtb discss allow for one finger braking which means more fingers on bars = more control. road calipers need more than one finger brake on descents.
But I like the feel of rim brakes on bigger rims, you can feel the "rotational flex" more on 29ers than on 26" disc brakes for instance due to spokes flexing from the hub.

still not worth the more rotatioanal weight, mainintence, price, and aero compromises in my book.
>>
>>1072789
>but a dull hot knife would which is what discs are.
Are you saying a dull hot knife would cut better than a sharp hot knife?
>>
Retards thinking they need disc brakes. First off, you should NOT be braking in a bike race. LOL. What the fuck? Get out of here with that shit. Right now. Plebs.

Also, disc brakes don't provide better stopping power unless you have extremely weak, frail cyclist hands.
>>
>>1072799
I think he's saying a dull hot knife would cut better than a dull cold knife
Which I don't think is true by the way
>>
>>1070070
>he doesn't have SUPER CADANCU SAKAMITCHI tier cadence.
Literally crying at your plebiness
>>
>>1072918
>he doesnt know that as long as gearing ratio is more than one the discs will always spin faster than the chainset
Literally crying at your American-tier education
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.