[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you protect you bike from rain? I live in a place where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

How do you protect you bike from rain?

I live in a place where it rain a lot, and I live in a place where I have to haul my bike up the stairs to take it inside, so it's a huge pain. I'd much rather be able to lock it outside, but the weather can be bad and I have no good way to protect it from rain. What do people normally do? I thought about using a tarp, but I'd have to tie it down because of the wind, and weather can be unpredictable. Is there a more reliable sort of shelter I could use? Or maybe buy somewhere?
>>
I put mine in my shed.

Some apartment complexes around here have rentable sheds, just big enough for a bike.
>>
I carry my bike down 3 flights of stairs every morning, and up 3 flights every night

At work the elevator is usually working so I use that, but I've been known to use stairs (4 floors up)

I don't have any respect for people who treat their bike like garbage. There is no reason to do that, even if you don't have an expensive bike this is just basic care, like washing your hands after you use the toilet
>>
>>1069901
Lucky fuck! I can't take my bike into work.
>>
Is your bike really going to get damaged if it sits out in the rain?
>>
>>1069994
Yes
Welcome to rustville
population your gears, chain, every tiny bolt, and not to mention all the rubber parts will crack/melt on your bike

the paint will start looking like shit and eventually will crack and be easier to scratch
>>
>>1070004
The paint and rubber/plastic damage has more to do with the sun I think. Of course, letting your bike outside constantly, it will suffer both from the sun and rain.
>>
>>1069994
What about riding in the rain?
>>
>>1070541
If you ride aluminum in the rain it spontaneously explodes, carbon will just melt, but as long as it is not Reynolds or Columbus tubing Stella frames are ok
>>
File: 51AvcEel+BL._SY400_.jpg (38KB, 401x400px) Image search: [Google]
51AvcEel+BL._SY400_.jpg
38KB, 401x400px
>>1069893
There are little tents for bikes.
>>
>>1069994
Even just sitting outside non-rain in dewy areas will age a bike faster.
Is your grass wet in the morning in the spring? Guess where all that overnight condensation all over the bike every night?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.