[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently purchased a cyclocross bike from bikesdirect and realized

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 789222794_o.jpg (228KB, 1280x962px) Image search: [Google]
789222794_o.jpg
228KB, 1280x962px
I recently purchased a cyclocross bike from bikesdirect and realized objectively that this bike is the absolute best for commuting

- big tires for cushioned ride on bad roads and trails
- endurance geometry for comfortable upright riding position
-disc brakes
- roadbike handlebars for downhill

However, I've begun to realize that ultimately a completely upright posture with the handlebars close to my body would be the most optimal way to ride my bike, it literally feels like you are running 15mph.

But I can't find any bars that can simulate this type of bar positioning.The bars would have to be close to my body and parallel to my body at the handles (as this is more naturally ergonomic). Something like an L shaped one.

So are there any handlebars like this or am I going to have to design my own? In the event I have to i would love to post the results on here.
>>
>>1069246
>a completely upright posture with the handlebars close to my body would be the most optimal way to ride my bike
No, it wouldn't.
>>
>>1069250

Well technically due to air resistance it wouldn't, but as far as comfort and generally most riding I do, it's fine.
>>
File: BR7312.jpg (12KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
BR7312.jpg
12KB, 350x350px
>>1069246
replace your stem for one that allows you to get the position you desire in the flats of your current bars and add a pair of interrupter evers so you can brake from the position
>>
>>1069252
Whatever you save on your wrists and back you're gonna repay with interest on you ass. Just a thought.
>>
File: 6688229_orig[1].jpg (373KB, 1100x732px) Image search: [Google]
6688229_orig[1].jpg
373KB, 1100x732px
Fully upright is generally not used for good reasons.

>>1069269
this is option one. If that's still not, enough, and you're onlyh tooling around for short, slow rides, perhaps something like the old roadster type might work for your. North road, mustache, H bars, butterfly bars. Make sure the radius is compatible for your shit..
>>
>>1069321
Right, if you go this route, go with a sprung saddle, like the beach cruisers have.
>>
>>1069246
>- big tires for cushioned ride on bad roads and trails
>- endurance geometry for comfortable upright riding position
>-disc brakes

Doesn't sound like cyclocross at all.
>>
File: 20160924_142519.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160924_142519.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>1069329
The disc brakes are right.

Pic related is actually a Bikes Direct CX. Note the cross (interrupter) levers . OP's post is basically bait anyway.

I will say that because it's a mail-order bike, the size isn't perfect and I had to replace the stem and fuck with spacers a bit to get it just right, so for a while, it almost was an upright bike because the drops were a little far from where I could comfortably use them.
>>
I commuted for years on a cross check, never let me down. I only ride mtb now everywhere I go, riding a crosscheck just made me feel like a frustrated mtb rider. Also much comfier with jones bars.
>>
Flip your drops upside down like hobos do
>>
>>1069499

Genius.
>>
>>1069499
Why do they do that? I've seen it a few times where I live.
>>
File: xjHFm.jpg (517KB, 2592x1935px) Image search: [Google]
xjHFm.jpg
517KB, 2592x1935px
>>1069499

Great idea, only problem is brake positioning. I'm sure there are some decent workarounds for this though. I've been riding hobo style for months on my road bike just cause it's so comfortable.

>>1069552

The style is popular cause a lot of homeless people steal road bikes and can't get use to the drops, so they just flip the bars.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.