[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since there's a thread about what major US city has the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Coffee Milk.gif (4KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Coffee Milk.gif
4KB, 300x300px
Since there's a thread about what major US city has the worst public transit, how about we discuss minor US cities with surprisingly decent public transit?

Providence (capital of Rhode Island, pop. ~180,000) has a network that pushes well above its size within the city by American standards, IMHO. While weekend service is indeed pretty weak (few routes run more often than twice per hour on weekends), you'd be hard pressed to find any part of the city more than a few blocks away from a bus that runs at least every 20 minutes.
>>
>>1068830
RIPTA runs to Newport. There was a picture of trolleybuses bunched up at Kennedy Plaza(or whatever that plaza was named back then).
>>
Didn't you guys try planning a light rail line that failed spectacularly? If I'm not mistaken the same route will be turned into brt-superlite (essentially nicer bus shelters).
>>
>>1068830
>Minor US cities with surprisingly high population density?
>>
File: pa040023.jpg (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pa040023.jpg
85KB, 640x480px
>>1068830

Not a minor city, but Dallas has surprisingly pro tier transit.

>CNG Buses
>Light Rail
>TRE Heavy Rail
>Historic Classic Trolleys
>New Dallas Streetcar
>>
>>1071280
and it might have a slim chance of getting a privately funded bullet train to Houston
>>
The buses dont really inconvenience drivers, either. I'm on the East side a lot, like college hill, and never have I thought that RIPTA was that big of a nusance
>>
File: it's_something.jpg (17KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
it's_something.jpg
17KB, 600x494px
>>1071280
>>
>>1071740
the bus tunnel helps
>>
FUCK CARS
FUCK PUBLIC TRANSIT
FUCK ALL FORMS OF TRANSPORTATION BESIDES BICYCLES

RIDE A BICYCLE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Fort Collins, Colorado. Our buses run frequently and are really affordable ($2 round trip in the city, only $5 to get to Boulder and Denver). Even better, they just completed a bus-only corridor that runs free buses along the entire north-south length of the city.

And we are supposed to be connected to the Colorado Springs/Denver Metro area ball the way north through Cheyenne. Can't remember when that's gonna happen though.

And of course we are only an hour from the Denver International Airport. It's nice
>>
>>1068830
When you say "minor US cities" how small are we talking? Populations under 300k?
>>
RIPTA a shit. Rides often attract a lot of bottomfeeders. The buses are visible and running often enough that you get a positive impression, but they aren't frequent enough to make a reasonable morning commute unless you really don't value your time or have no other options. Maybe if they could get some more short range routes, or dedicated commuter runs from key transportation hubs to downtown Providence, Newport, Warwick, etc without stopping for every bus stop it might see more use. So if you live and work in RI you're likely still going to want to drive yourself to work, Uber, or train to Boston.

Also, not sure what Raimondo is trying to do with Providence transportation.

Sometimes their drivers derp and block entire intersections in Providence. gg.
>>
>tfw Gina raimondo cut down route6 to boulevard hopes
>tfw Gina raimondo wants to move the bus station out of downtown

Burn in hell
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.