[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey what's up, first time posting on this board. sorry for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: TRI2.jpg (408KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
TRI2.jpg
408KB, 1024x1024px
hey what's up, first time posting on this board. sorry for my complete noobness

but i'm trying to get some sort of basket or container on my bike. something i can carry groceries in. do you guys have any recommendations?
>>
Tubus + Ortlieb master race

No others need apply, if you do not have this exact combo you might as well dangle walmart bags from the handlebars of your walmart BSO as you awkwardly pedal at 45 RPM on the sidewalk
>>
>>1068468
yeah haha.. that would be pretty dumb..

*shoves walmart bags under the bed
>>
Get a rear rack and attach a milk crate (or similar) to it with hose clamps
>>
>>1068465
>>1068468
>Tubus + Ortlieb master race
This TBQHWYF.

I have a Tubus Fly and Ortlieb Backrollers. It's not the cheapest solution, but definitely worth the money. A bike trailer is also a perfectly cromulent option if you're doing planned shopping. Both options cost about the same.
>>
>>1068471
>wat is centre of gravity
>wat is load capacity
>wat is looking like a fucking bum
>>
>>1068475
>wat is bike noobness
>wat is budget
>wat is ease to find
>>
>>1068479
Neet, ignorant, scavanger and proud of it. Why am I not absolutely shocked.
>>
File: ortlieb.jpg (326KB, 837x950px) Image search: [Google]
ortlieb.jpg
326KB, 837x950px
>>1068468
this

but I can settle for a Chrome bag and I personally don't need a rack

backpack master race
>>
>>1068484
>wet back master race
>>
>>1068465
Hobo budget option: Average rack+ fruit/milk box. You don't need other than that plus a bungee cord.
>>
>>1068484
>restricted breathing master race
>>
Milk crate and 10 zipties, carries a 12 pack, WTF else do you want
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 208x242px
>/n/ is full of impoverished hobos
Can't you guys just mug someone? A decent rack and pannier setup is not that expensive
>>
File: dio.jpg (3MB, 1800x1322px) Image search: [Google]
dio.jpg
3MB, 1800x1322px
>>1068545
It's not about lack of money, it is about using the ressources you have efficiently. Why do you need to buy X stuff if you can have the same results with less money?. Use the money when you must use it, not when you have the chance of getting the same with less.
>>
>>1068573
>the same results
wrapping your feet in duct tape is the same as shoes, is that it? all those shoefags got jewed by luxury status symbols?
>>
>>1068579
No, feet are really important, you can have even back problems if you don't use proper shoes. And again, there are some cheap shoes which works the same or better as expensive ones. When I say results, I mean results, not shit who barely works or works bad.
>>
>>1068573
>Why do you need to buy X stuff if you can have the same results with less money?
This is why I only ever wear burlap.

Seriously, get a fucking job you loser.
>>
>>1068587
Good goy
>>
>>1068584
>barely works or works bad
I would say high CG, zero protection from rain, instability, shit falling out, and the entire thing falling off your bike whenever you go over a bump counts as "barely works or works bad"

But hey maybe it's just me
>>
>>1068591
>high CG
This is the only legimate concern and it's a non-issue, it's not like you'll be hauling more than 20kg on it, which will barely affect your ride.
>rain
Put a fucking plastic cover on it
>instability, shit falling out, and the entire thing falling off your bike whenever you go over a bump
These are all taken care of by hose clamps.
>>
>>1068598
>Put a fucking plastic cover on it
I guess maybe you live in California or something. A plastic cover isn't going to do shit if you're out for an hour and it's coming down sideways, upside down, and cars going through puddles are soaking you with niagara falls
>>
>>1068600
Well OP just wants something to carry his groceries, I doubt he'll be going shopping under the pouring rain. Nobody is saying a milk crate is just as good as a proper pannier, but it's certainly not the useless poor shit you're labeling it as.
>>
File: pol.jpg (50KB, 363x380px) Image search: [Google]
pol.jpg
50KB, 363x380px
>>1068589
>>
>>1068601
>I doubt he'll be going shopping under the pouring rain
Yeah I suppose if it's raining he can just cage there and run over a few cyclists on the way :~)
>>
>>1068587
Yeah dude, god forbid somebody prefer to spend less money to live cheaper when such an act might not be fashionable.
>>
>>1068617
What about public transport?, why you muricans are always thinking that you can move your asses only with cars?
>>
>>1068465
Rear rack with Banjo Bros "waterproof backpack panniers"
>>
>>1068687
You really want op to take his greasy, rusty BSO onto a crowded train, I'm fine with that ideologically, but you foamers are always the first to grouse about it
>>
>>1068795
Ever hear of walking and buses
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.