[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy crap I just found out that some cities give free bus passes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: omnibus.jpg (174KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
omnibus.jpg
174KB, 700x525px
Holy crap I just found out that some cities give free bus passes to veterans.
Any vets here will a bus pass?
What city?
I am thinking of relocating and would love to have free transportation so thats a big consideration.
Does your city do this?
>>
No bus riders here?
>>
>>1068382
>being so poor you're forced to ride the bush with literal trash
>>
File: Epic-Beard-Man.jpg (44KB, 350x363px) Image search: [Google]
Epic-Beard-Man.jpg
44KB, 350x363px
>>1068497
say that to my face
>>
So this board is anti putblic transport or just buses
>>
>>1068521
If you live in a place where cars are the dominant species (this includes much of the area where typical 4chan posters live), bus service tends to be very poor, and is typically only used by people who are desperately poor or somehow disabled/addicted, so buses have a very poor reputation. Most people in real life, and probably all of the people who regularly visit /n/ or talk about /n/ topics, agree that public transportation is great in theory, but likely don't want to ride their local buses if they can avoid it.

Personally, I rode my local bus service last year after an injury kept me off my bike for a few weeks - and it was awful: more expensive and slower than riding a bike, few destinations served, and it only takes one inconsiderate person who doesn't know how to bathe, or how to keep their music volume down, or read a book without mouthing the words to make the bus-riding experience less pleasant for everyone onboard.
>>
>>1068526
>read a book without mouthing the words
wut
>>
No shame in using the bus in European cities. Ever tried to find a parking space in one? Fucking infuriating.
>>
>>1068535
As it should be
>>
>>1068535
Why would you try parking a bus?
>>
>>1068382
VA card carriers in green bay get a heavily discounted fare. I don't believe its free but its better than paying full price for hourly service
>>
>>1068521
It's just an american thing. On the rest of the world we like buses.
>>
File: bike_on_bus_kerry.jpg (316KB, 2218x1748px) Image search: [Google]
bike_on_bus_kerry.jpg
316KB, 2218x1748px
I like to ride my bike then get on the express bus with it to get to the ohter side of town them grab my bike and go.
Does no one else do this?
>>
File: Denver skyline.jpg (952KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Denver skyline.jpg
952KB, 1600x1067px
Well I just checked Denver and active duty rides for free but Veterans get ZERO discount.
>>
>>1069040
>Denver_skyline.jpg
eh, not exactly
>>
>>1069040
That's not Denver
>>
>>1068382
>Holy crap I just found out that some cities give free bus passes to veterans.
Fucking welfare queens!
>>
>>1069078
How is that welfare?
>>
>>1069138
wow thats not nice
>>
Why do people hate buses?
>>
>>1069656
Because they want to kill the planet earth
>>
>>1069656
because they drive like retarded assholes

and are retarded assholes
>>
>>1071632
You give bus driver respect anon.
I hope he pulls over and pops you one.
>>
>>1068521

this board is filled with freds who wear lycra
>>
>>1068680

niggers steal them off the rack here
>>
Disable veterans get to ride for free where I am but otherwise no discount. Though if you are in uniform I think you can ride for free.
>>
>>1071684
Damn , where do you live?
>>
>>1071692
But my uniform has not fit me in years ;_;
>>
>>1072250
It's time to lose weight, anon.
>>
>>1072265
>>1072265
>>1072265
I have tried twice already and it did not work
>>
Any other reports of cities where vets ride free?
>>
>>1068664
It's so weird. I traveled to San Francisco a bunch of times and thought the bus service was pretty good(good coverage, convenient timetable, clean busses), then later I've read people complaining online how the SF public transport is completely useless.
I mean sure I'd prefer a light rail line any time, but a bus is fine too.
>>
>>1074247
Light rail wont work in america in 99 percent of markets
>>
>>1068661
>hourly service
And I think the service round here is shit for just three buses an hour (and 6 at peak)...
>>
>>1074459
SPOILED
P
O
I
L
E
D
>>
>>1071684
Is this a real thing?
>>
File: denver-colorado.jpg (3MB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
denver-colorado.jpg
3MB, 1800x1200px
I am in salt lake city for the weekend
Excited to ride the bus
>no service til tuesday
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.