[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently due to getting memed by Schwalbe Quality Bicycle Tires

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

File: schwalbe.jpg (33KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
schwalbe.jpg
33KB, 266x400px
Recently due to getting memed by Schwalbe Quality Bicycle Tires or whatever his name is, I decided to try these tubes after buying only Conti for years

The first tube I used was added 3 weeks and 450 miles ago and I have yet to need to add air to that tire

Is this just a fluke or are Schwalbes really much better? I have never experienced anything like this and I am questioning my sanity at this point

I realize this didn't really need a thread but the foamer's self-pitying whining inspired me to make a new bike related thread
>>
>>1068035
>implying you're not Schwalbe Professional Bicycle Tires posting as Anon.
>>
File: 5189eYBTXYL._SX425_.jpg (18KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
5189eYBTXYL._SX425_.jpg
18KB, 425x425px
>>1068035
>>1068047
even if op is a shill posting as anon, I pick Schwalbe over Continental mostly on

>The company is a third generation,[1] family owned business with global reach.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwalbe_(tire_manufacturer)

Me coming from a 5th generation family of tradesmen, I'll take build quality over world class r&d. Not that Schwalbe is lacking in r&d but if their best tire is still the Marathon, then by all means don't change what isn't broke

t. had a 90's hybrid with 27" tires and these schwalbes that would be classified as (((urban tires))) today
>>
File: rossi doesn't give a fuck.jpg (661KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
rossi doesn't give a fuck.jpg
661KB, 1024x683px
Bought conti gatorskin at the LBS today to replace the 8 year old bontrager rear that's went flat on my last two rides. I basically walked in and told the guy to give me the best, most puncture resistant tire he had. Shit was $55 which is about 12 more than on amazon.

Did I do ok? I know fuck all about road bike tires, but I have run a few sets of conti sportbike tires.

>mfw i stayed with 700x23 because that's all they had in stock for the conti
>>
>>1068075
You fucked up m8. Memeskins are probably the worst tires out there.
>>
>>1068098

Oh shit m8, looks like my punishment will be riding them until they wear out!
>>
>>1068075
yeah like >>1068098 said
sure they do their job well but my personal experience is they wore out so fast for me.

Now, not to shill for Michelin, but their Krylion tyres have lasted me months longer (not mention the weight difference was noticeable) and are generally 20 bucks cheaper at my lbs...

Whatever floats your boat my man
>>
>>1068075
You fucked up, you should have got the 28s
>>
>>1068075
The appeal of Continental is their carbon doped, high mileage, high grip, low rolling resistance BlackChili tyres. The Gatorskin is one of their few premium tyres that doesn't actually have BlackChili rubber, but a conventional formula. I believe the only other is the GP4Season that has a special blend to cope with below zero temperatures without glazing over.

It's not the good kind of Continental premium tyre and all the puncture resistance weave makes it harsh riding and heavy rolling. That doesn't mean it's a bad tyre and it's definitely better than a standard tyre, but not as much as the price hike might suggest. It's not a GP4k by a long shot.

Most punctures I've ever had were pinches too. In fact, I think I've only ever had one penetrating puncture, and I ride some crepe paper tyres... I can't see the point of excessive and multiple puncture protection belts. Even if they were 100% effective they'd not prevent more than a fraction of punctures and they fuck the tyres up.
YMMV and all that.
>>
I'm too much of a novice rider to tell that the tire is any worse than what came off it. The reviews i read online are all over the place.

What road tires does /n/ recommend?
>>
File: vittoria-rubino-pro-iii-2014-2.jpg (32KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
vittoria-rubino-pro-iii-2014-2.jpg
32KB, 640x512px
>>1068219
what tires did you come from and what did you upgrade to?

I personally roll Schwalbe Marathon Plus or Vittoria Rubino G+ and Kendas/Vittoria Zaffiros for my cheapies
>>
>>1068224

Bontrager original 8 year old tires on a 2010 trek 1.1
>>
>>1068225
Ah you're the 8 yo bontrager guy, the gatorskins are much better than 8 yo tires so chill out
>>
>>1068219
>I'm too much of a novice rider to tell that the tire is any worse than what came off it.
If you're Gatorskin-kun then the most likely answer is that they are not worse than what came off. They're not bad tyres. Just not special either.
>>
>>1068035
I FUCKING HATE CYCLISTS I HOPE YOU GET RUN OVER AND SPREAD ACROSS THE PAVEMENT FUCKING CYCLISTS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1068066
k
>>
>>1068066
>Me coming from a 5th generation family of tradesmen, I'll take build quality over world class r&d.
u wot m8?
Schwalbe in infamous for non-existent QC. Mismatched patterns, logos and text printed every which way, tyres that are way too loose or tight... Maxxis, Vittoria and German made Continental (not Indian) are head and shoulders above Schwalbe in QC.
>>
>tfw only ever had Schwalbe Lugano
Am I missing out?
>>
>>1068219
Veloflex Master/Corsa. Combine with latex tubes for the best ride you'll ever get on clinchers.
>>
File: schwalbe-marathon.jpg (411KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
schwalbe-marathon.jpg
411KB, 2000x3000px
>>1068237
>>not Indian
>mad continental market shill
Indonesian factory owned by a Korean company.
Stop buying PT-Hung tires and start buying Schwalbe.
>>
>>1068035
Is schwalbe does 1 thing gooed it's their tubes.
They keep in air better due to their butyl rubber through 7 presses under enormous pressure giving it a high purity.
They are more airtight than any tube on the market and the proper nickle coated valves stay operating smoothly long after shitty chen shit tire valves have corroded stuck
>>
>>1068238
yes
>>
>>1068219
Conti 4000s II
Conti 4 Season
Vittoria Corsa
>>
>>1068228
>>1068227

Thanks guys.
>>
>>1068224
I've got Zaffiro's on my commuter. Pretty happy with them, only had two punctures over 7000km. I am planning to try Continental 4seasons next as I hear they ride better.. But you can't beat zaffiro for price
>>
File: wtf.jpg (20KB, 465x446px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
20KB, 465x446px
>>1068243
Indian refers to Continental, you dipshit. Continentals regular tyres are produced in India with poor QC and shit rubber. Basic fuck reading comprehension should have told you as much.

The fact that you are not only illiterate but completely unaware of the market aside from what you managed to Wikipedia about your darling brand makes your opinion completely irrelevant. If you know shit, don't talk shit. Eat shit.
>t. currently has both vittoria, schwalbe, maxxis and continental tyres fitted on various bikes
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>1068247
>its the current year
>he uses tubes
>>
File: vittoria-zaffiro-white tire.jpg (64KB, 820x540px) Image search: [Google]
vittoria-zaffiro-white tire.jpg
64KB, 820x540px
>>1068256
>two punctures over 7000km
that's quite impressive actually, for as thin as the zaffiro line is

>But you can't beat zaffiro for price
if anyone else don't mind other colors, they occasionally go on sale for $10 a piece on amazon. the value metric there is through the roof! picked up two 700x23 vittoria zaffiros white wheel for $24 and some change shipped
>>
>>1068256
>I am planning to try Continental 4seasons next as I hear they ride better
Unless you're actually going to use them as four season tyres, don't bother. Get proper summer tyres and change for the winter. I think you can manage two tyre changes per year. I have faith in you, anon. You can do it!
>>
File: 4066648961_c1292161dd_b-1.jpg (192KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
4066648961_c1292161dd_b-1.jpg
192KB, 1024x768px
>>1068287
>Get proper summer tyres and change for the winter. I think you can manage two tyre changes per year
this, the low cost and ease of tire change on bikes makes no sense not to own multiple sets for multiple conditions
>>
Panaracer 4life, panaracer 4ever
>>
>>1068292
>jan heine plz go
>>
File: WTB-Freedom-Thickslick.jpg (88KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
WTB-Freedom-Thickslick.jpg
88KB, 1280x1280px
>>1068035
everyone else is wrong
>>
>>1068307
>put the anti-puncture layer all the way on the inside so they show a deep gash from everything that they touch
>hey guys look how strong they are! they're all slashed up and they still work!
I have to hand it to them, it's genius marketing
>>
>>1068289
What a lovely riser bar road bike you have there. Are riser bar road bikes a subcategory off flat bar road bikes, or distinct?
>>
>>1068533
thats clearly a transgender specific all flat commuter FS race bike.
>>
>>1068284
>current year
>having wheels
>>
>>1068287
I live in a very rainy region and ride from february to december so I feel 4-seasons are just right for me
>>
>>1068287
>>1070126
I don't understand this conversation. I thought 4 seasons just meant "for several different weather conditions", surely nobody mistakes that for a snow and ice tire? Or is the implication that winter = the rainy season and summer = the dry season?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.