[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>post yfw someone's stack of headset spacers is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: tall headset.jpg (3MB, 2215x1340px) Image search: [Google]
tall headset.jpg
3MB, 2215x1340px
>post yfw someone's stack of headset spacers is longer than his penis
>>
File: thatword.jpg (56KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
thatword.jpg
56KB, 400x400px
>>1067597
>mfw that actual non-meme autist in the clinical sense keeps insisting its a road bike
>>
Nice single speed derailleur kek.
>>
File: 1485893623556s.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1485893623556s.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>Browse reddit
>almost every bike has spacers and the bars are at the same level of the bars
>this happens even with expensive racer bikes
>mfw having a pretty stiff back and I have no spacers and my stack is around 10cm because having less than that it feels like riding a mamachari.
>>
>>1067649
>and the bars are at the same level of the bars

holy shit how did they achieve that
>>
File: ghostring.jpg (73KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
ghostring.jpg
73KB, 640x512px
>>1067648
It's a chain tensioner. With short vertical dropouts you can't move the rear wheel to tension the chain and unless you're using a specific chainring and cog combination you'll need one to take up the slack in the chain. Other options would be an eccentric bottom bracket (it can move forwards and backwards), possibly using a half-link in the chain, or using a ghost ring (pic related).

Also that bike has a geared hub so it's not single speed.
>>
>>1067597
who the fuck cares, his handle bars are still lower than his seat. maybe he is tall as fuck but with a short torso ratio
>>
>>1067651
kek
>>
>>1067728
178cm. The frame actually has a shorter headtube than the drop bar version by 15mm and I've since lowered the stem by like 20mm.

I could slam it and it wouldn't be a problem in terms of comfort so maybe I'll do it when I can be bothered to cut the steerer.
>>
>>1067666
The implication here was it's a stupid idea to make an IGH build on a frame not suited for it.
>>
>>1067803
Because it requires a chain tensioner? That's a shitty reason, it works fine and has the advantage of easier wheel removal and the ability to go back to a derailer drivetrain if needed.
>>
>>1067597
>what is bike fitting, Alex?
>what is proper ergonomics, Alex?
Not everyone is a road racer, and not everyone wants or needs to be completely doubled over when they're riding.
Also why do you even care? Are you being forced to ride that bike? No? Then I suggest you chill the fuck out and worry more about your own shit.
>>
>>1067834
>Not everyone is a road racer, and not everyone wants or needs to be completely doubled over when they're riding.
Kimoi
>>
>>1067738
>being this fucking butthurt over your own autism that you come 'correct' everyone in a thread full of people laughing at your tall stack and small penis
>>
>>1067816
>derailleur-compatible bicycle
>automatically needs chain tensioner if using IGH
What are you, a downtuber? A derailleur hanger doesn't magically necessiate the use of a derailleur or tensioner.
>>1067834
Oh hi Autism-kun, stop samefagging.
>>
>>1067899
I wasn't trying to correct anyone, I was simply explaining why something is the way it is. Yes it has a tall stack in that photo, I won't deny that.

>>1067900
Sure you can get horizontal dropout frames with derailer hangers but I don't have one and spending more money for one would be stupid when the tensioner works and has no disadvantages.
>>
>>1067905
>and has no disadvantages

It adds extra friction to your already inefficient gearing solution.
>>
>>1067900
>A derailleur hanger doesn't magically necessiate the use of a derailleur or tensioner.
Not per se, but the vertical dropouts commonly associated with derailleur bikes do. There are a few notable exceptions to the general rule, like Cotic and Surly, that often offer horizontal dropout bikes with a derailleur hanger. It makes it slightly fiddlier to mount the wheels if you're a derailleur user and don't have tug nuts installed, but easy to run the frame singlespeed, fixed or IGH and to reduce every last millimetre possible of effective chainstay length if you're obsessive over such things.
>>
>>1067905
Use an eccentric bottom bracket you fucking faggot.
>>1067910
I know all this, I just said what I said because the faggot seemed to imply that derailleur-compatible bikes ALWAYS require tensioners when run as single speeds.
>>
>>1067916
>Use an eccentric bottom bracket
Like I said, it would add to the cost.

I got the whole bike for pretty cheap and then converted it to an IGH (which was ridiculously cheap), to get a frame with an eccentric bottom bracket would probably cost more than the entire bike and a frame with horizontal dropouts and a derailer hanger wouldn't be far off (Surly tax).

For my budget and the parts I had available to me this was the best choice, you can throw about all the alternative choices you can think of but unless you're going to send me some cash they're meaningless.
>>
>>1067916
Hmm, an eccentric bottom bracket does not mean that you have to adjust the all the ergonomics every time? Dunno...
>>
>>1067923
>flat bar road bike anons' bike used to have a derailleur
>he converts it to shitty IGH with the intention of using it as a road bike
>still claims his IGH abomination is a road bike
Truly the definition of autism
>>
>>1067924
Once it's set it won't need to be moved unless the gear ratio changes. The amount it moves is also pretty small so you may not even notice.
>>
>>1067933
Makes me wonder if he's literally autistic or a master troll
>>
>>1067938
I like to argue and annoy people, it's even more satisfying when I know I'm right.
>>
File: (You).jpg (304KB, 1214x584px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
304KB, 1214x584px
>>1067946
>>
>>1067900
what is a downtuber?
>>
>>1067957
Definition 1: The tube of a bicycle that runs from the headtube to the bottom bracket shell.

Definition 2: An idiot, a retard, a faggot, a moron, a fred, a hipster, a casual, etc. It's a generic insult that can be used in a wide variety of contexts, but is generally used in contexts that are at least vaguely related to cycling.
Variations: [Downtuber] (synonymous with downtube), [downtubing] (can be used as an adjective or, less commonly, a verb, to refer to downtubes and things that downtubes do).

Examples (definition 1):
A downtube is a crucial component of a bicycle.

Examples (definition 2):
1. Fred is such a fucking downtube. He's has been a self-proclaimed 'serious cyclist' for 8 years, he's had 12 flat tires in that time, and he still doesn't know how to fix a flat. He just takes his bike to the local bike shop every time.
2. The fact that you ride a fixie in San Francisco, despite it being one of the hilliest cities anywhere, doesn't make you 'cool', it makes you a downtuber.
3. You don't wear a helmet when you ride? What a downtubing idiot.
4. That fucking downtuber Jack probably wishes he was a literal downtube, that way he'd get to enjoy being ridden by bearded men. He acts like he has fucking down syndrome.
>>
>>1067946
FUCK OFF FUCKING DOWNTUBER
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I BET YOU DON'T EVEN RIDE STEEL
>>
>>1067938
Literally autistic. A troll would show some form of talent and salience by now even if by accident.
>>
>>1067916
>the veganrider autist again
Still not ended your sad and lonely existence?
>>
>>1068008
What?
>>
>>1068032
The guy you replied to is the autist that thinks Veganrider is the only anon to ever use the downtuber meme
>>
>>1067967
ThAnks
>>
>>1067957
A dumb, contrived meme that a few guys think is hilarious. On every other board they'd be rightly pilloried but /n/ is small enough that it slides.
>>
>>1068374
Fuck off downtuber, downtuber is the best meme /n/ has ever known.
>>
>>1067648
>implying
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.