[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this board friendly to people like me who know nothing about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: dad-bod-2-800.jpg (107KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
dad-bod-2-800.jpg
107KB, 800x600px
Is this board friendly to people like me who know nothing about mountain biking but want to get into it?

I live minutes from a mountain biking destination national forest, just moved here. I don't know shit about it and am too old to talk to the hipster bike shop faggots.

It looks fun so just spoonfeed me pls
>>
1. Buy a bike
2. Go ride it
>>
Buy a used rigid mtb and give it a shot. If it's cheap and has suspension its shit, so no suspention. Avoid department store brands.
>>
>>1067222
>>1067087
I would add an aditional thing:
Ergonomics. I'm not meaning buy ergonomic expensive shit, but take of your position over the sadle, the right position of your feet on the pedal, the right seatpost height, the right position of your ass over the sadle, and other things like brake levers position.

In that way you will enjoy mtb even if you are a noob, without damage yourself at it, and without noticeable pain at all.
>>
>>1067240
this

having fun with a bike is as easy as finding the motivation to get off the couch and ride. how long you enjoy the sport is in the fit and form
>>
>>1067076
>friendly
>mountain biking

Until the roadies get here. There's some kind of misconception that mountain bikers don't/won't climb hills and only rely on ski lifts to get up hills.

>>1067222
>If it's cheap and has suspension its shit
I have had some department store bikes with decent front suspension. You don't want it to be too squishy. Rear suspension is always a no-no unless you spend a lot of money. You can't go wrong with rigid though.
>>
>>1067076
A piece of advice that should be obvious if you've ridden a bike on any downhill slope - don't slam the front brake unless you want to flip over the front wheel and get acquainted with the ground quckly
>>
If you post your local craigslist and height/inseam we can try to help find you an inexpensive bike to start with.
>>
MTB culture is kind of this obnoxious aggro ted nugent meets rage against the machine meets smash mouth tacky aggro fat fuck bro culture, basically guys who are too insecure to ride an actual bike are drawn to it because rolling around in mud seems "manly" to them and the requirement of dragging your bike to the ski jump inside a car firmly establishes that it's a "hobby" and must be firmly partitioned away from "getting around"

Just basically be fat and go "yeah bro" a lot and you should fit in. Also wraparound flash lenses indoors, cargo shorts, ed hardy shirts, fat guy calves, and some sort of SUV/jeep/pickup truck that has never been offroad but for some reason has a special powerful headlight system for "effect"
>>
>>1067440
I see you mirin my calves.
>>
>>1067440

this guy is fucking mad as hell about it lol XD XD
>>
>>1067222
Considering you can get a decent used suspension fork for under $150 there's no reason you can't get a "cheap" bike with one. By that I mean $300-400, not a huge amount of money to save up.
>>
>>1067440
Did a MTBer draft your gf?
>>
>>1067440
Define aggro.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.