[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>i no longer ride for fun >only to add to my mileage and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

>i no longer ride for fun
>only to add to my mileage and stats like a fucking videogame
>if i was planning on a ride but for some reason i couldn't record it, i'd stay home
>for the love of god someone take this fucking smartphone away from me
>tfw the cold embrace of a car windshield can't come soon enough
>>
>>1066231
Just uninstall Strava
>>
If anon goes for a ride but Strava doesn't record it, does he actually cycle?

Just delete it dude. If you need one use another app which doesn't collect distance aggregates.
>>
>>1066231
>plays video games
>not for fun
>>
>>1066236
this desu, I have friends that totally changed since they're on Strava, they can't even think to go on a ride without it and boasting their stats.
Needless to say we don't ride much together now
>>
>>1066260
Also I was a bit like my friends for some time. Then I bought a genesis croix de fer and found again some fun riding through the woods, away from cars.
>>
>>1066231

A few weeks ago the battery died on my garmin mid ride. It was a revelation. So much more fun without it. Now I only use gps half the time.
>>
Summer is the worst because all the stravassholes are out

They don't ride in winter because a raindrop might UTTERLY RUIN their S-works gloves
>>
>>1066273

best tailwinds in winter though. gotta get dem KOMs
>>
File: 1482012946733.png (13KB, 202x184px) Image search: [Google]
1482012946733.png
13KB, 202x184px
i dont even have a smartphone
>>
>>1066315
How are you posting here without a phone? !!??
>>
>>1066319
With my tablet computer of course
>>
I'm an old-fashioned rider - I tell time by the sun, if I need directions I'll consult a map (or talk to a local and ask for directions if signage isn't adequate), and if something breaks on me during a ride I'm either going to fix it or walk/hitchhike home.

>>1066315
>>1066231
>tfw when you work as a CS manager for [major wireless carrier with more than 100m subscribers that shall not be named] but would get rid of your basic cell phone entirely and just have a landline phone with a voicemail recorder at home if it was cheaper

Smartphone obsession is a disease - phones are useful tools that people use to make their lives easier, but there are millions of people walking around whose lives are basically hostage to their tools. The things you own end up owning you...
>>
>>1066231
>Strava
Unless you also actually compete in actual bike races, Strava is kind of pathetic, really; it's for the 'Cat-6' crowd. In an actual race, with anywhere from 49 to 99 other riders out on the course with you, there are many different dynamics at play that have nothing to do with your athleticism. On Strava you're not really competing against anyone, it's just a war of numbers, and there's so many ways you can game the system and outright cheat the system that I consider any arguments for 'competing against other riders on Strava' to be laughably invalid. The fact that so many riders on Strava get so obsessed with it is even more pathetic.

If you actually race for real and are also on Strava, that's a little different; there are some guys on my team who are also on Strava, and it's much more laid-back because pretty much all our rides recorded there are training, and anyone 'beating' anyone else on distance, climbing, etc, from week to week is just good fun. The very nature of the training we do in order to be fit enough to race precludes most opportunities to ride with anyone else.

If you're not actually racing, and you're getting so caught up in Strava that it's not fun anymore to just go ride, then I'd recommend you delete your Strava account and never go back, and leave your phone at home or put it in the boot when you ride. Even those of us who race still need to enjoy the process of training, or we'd get so burned out that we'd quit. Even the professional riders, for whom riding is their livelihood, need to enjoy what they're doing; otherwise it affects their performance and overall quality of life. If you're not even racing for real, let alone a pro, it's kind of insane to be taking it so seriously as you're making it sound.
>>
>/v/fags on bikes
>>
>>1066342
Shut up fred.
>>
File: sniggers.jpg (126KB, 700x838px) Image search: [Google]
sniggers.jpg
126KB, 700x838px
>friend complains that all the fast riders on Strava are doping and it isn't fair that they are getting KOM or top 10
>he starts putting in less miles as time goes on
>only goes out for sub 15 mile rides
>rides usually consist of riding straight to a Strava segment with low amount of rider count
>makes a few efforts to get somewhere in top 10 on segment and then goes straight home
>uses Strava while on public transport or on a drone to pad miles
>puts more fitness effort into running these days
>>
honestly I have it and I'm not autistic enough to let it ruin my life.

I get to look at other rider's routes for ideas, slowly watch my average speed improve, and break my own PRs

I don't even worry about getting KOMs, I'm not even close, improving on my own times is a good enough feeling.

I do enjoy going out riding in january and getting the best times "this year" for every segment.

why does 4chan hate fun?
>>
>>1066396
Same, I mostly use Strava to motivate myself to ride with the monthly distance and climbing challenges, and to track my overall distance and speed over the years.
>>
>>1066291
this desu
>>
Do people run strava while riding their motorcycles? I'm sure as shit they do.
>>
>>1066418
Pretty much every KOM in my city has been taken by someone on a motorcycle or car. People used to report them, but there's so many of them now nobody bothers anymore.
>>
I just like to track my miles and calories

Why is everyone so autistic?
>>
>>1066426
I don't even Strava, you are autistic as fuck in my book.
>>
>>1066291
I don't understand how there would be more tailwinds in the winter. Could you explain that to me? Sorry I'm retarded.
>>
>>1066315
i also dont have one, just a crappy old school cell phone. good for emergencies or whatever. no maps, no stats, fuck it. i see the maps in my house before leaving house.

the only thing i am needing is something where i can connect a HR monitor, and tell my speed. cadence would be nice.

but i dont have a smartphone cause of biking, its cause of work, fuck beeing texted all the time. fuck whatsapp. i just check online shit at home on a normal computer like its 2000. im happy.
>>
>>1066393
This makes me sad. Are people genuinely this autistic?
>>
>>1066521

Well any wind is a tailwind if you're going in the right direction. But the winds in winter are just stronger
>>
>>1066231
>i no longer ride for fun
Me neither, only instead of scoreboards I ride to get places.
>>
>>1066537
>Are people genuinely this autistic?
the sad thing is, yes, yes they are
this board only scratches the surface
>>
>>1066315
>>1066319
>>1066320
>using anything other than a desktop computer to post on 4chan.
>using "smart" phones to browse

Mobilefags should be gassed.
>>
File: 1492806437867.jpg (133KB, 599x399px) Image search: [Google]
1492806437867.jpg
133KB, 599x399px
>>1066609
#Rude!
Give yourself a tittytwister
>>
>>1066231
Idk if you race but strictly seperating training and recreational rides did wonders for me.
Since I have a full time job I do power based indoor training during the week and long endurance rides for fun on the weekend.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.