[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever think about how basically all driveways are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

Do you ever think about how basically all driveways are connected to each other?
>>
Everything in the universe is connected senpai
>>
>>1064571
Except you and girls.
>>
File: Gehweg-3.jpg (1MB, 1772x1178px) Image search: [Google]
Gehweg-3.jpg
1MB, 1772x1178px
>>1064570
>Street doesn't even have a sidewalk
>How do Americans even move without a car?
>2/10 try harder

pic related: glorious European sidewalk
>>
>>1064570
>playing basketball on a slanted surface
EXPLODING ANKLES
>>
>>1064689
>How do Americans even move without a car?
Walk in the street.
Like a boss.
>>
>>1064811
>getting a jaywalking fine for walking in the street
>'why you do this to me officer?'
>'walking's illegal - streets are for cars. You dumb?'

Thank you U.S.A.
>>
File: azaka_7.jpg (156KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
azaka_7.jpg
156KB, 852x480px
>>1064995
>mfw I found out that the suburb I live in was supposed to get a subway line in the 70s but boomers voted against it because of their love affair with driving
>>
>>1064689
Shart-carts, obviously.
>>
>>1065021
MARTA?
>>
>>1065050
Yep. Cobb county, yo.
>>
>>1064689
Those are residential subdivisions with very low volume traffic (only the people that live there actually drive there) and generally only 1 or 2 gated entrances into a closed-off neighborhood of 50+ houses. Since these are private streets, the contractors that build these subdivisions aren't required to put in sidewalks in most jurisdictions. Traffic volume is low enough (especially in cul-de-sacs) that people can walk right on the street and kids can play in the street, which they used to do in decades past before overprotective parents and mobile phones/tablets became a thing.

Having said this, it's still a relatively disgusting and sprawling way of development that promotes cage dependency. But people demand to live in gated communities, and the market is simply responding to these demands, but thankfully that demand has gone down in recent years.
>>
>>1065021
>because of their love affair with driving
The real reason is that they didn't want stations in their neighborhoods because it would give undesirables (read: blacks) relatively easy access to their homes and bring a criminal element to their community.
>>
>>1065068
Thank you for the elaborate explanation. This makes sense.

From my point of view, there's a deep flaw in society when people start living in gated communities, closing themselves of from the outside world like chicken stalls. How can they seriously live under these circumstances and not consider it problematic?
>>
>>1065073
Not exactly sure but I suppose people just like the extra layer privacy of privacy and safety while being among neighbors they can trust and also keeping outsiders out. It's an extension of the privacy bubbles of their home and car. It's tolerable because they are usually away from home at work or doing something else, but have that peace of mind that their home is far less likely to be broken into than one in an open neighborhood. The trade-off is that their neighborhood is isolating and boring, but that they are relatively safe.
>>
>>1064689
>>1065068
Walk on the shoulder of the road. I live in an area where outside or urban places, the buildings are more than 100' back.
>>
>>1065077
It sounds like an isolationist attitude.

Isn't it more sustainable to tackle crime in general, rather than just cutting yourself of?
>>
>>1065082
Perhaps
>>
>>1065082
I live right next to a light rail station. (Close enough to hear the bells ringing of the train crossing.) If I walk around it's common for someone to ask me for money. It's very annoying.
>>
>>1064653
BOOOM hahaha
>>
>>1065082

>Assuming we are discussing about America
>Actually tackling crime

LaughingPrivatePrisonExecutives.gif They gotta prop up the industry, why do you think the US has one of the highest incarceration rate per capita?
>>
>>1065082
It is isolationist, and wrong. When segregation became illegal, whites left the city centers to the suburbs, so they could quietly define who belongs in their neighborhood with "home owners associations." Meanwhile, the "white flight" dropped the tax base of city centers so much (because they're now paying taxes in the suburbs), leaving the heavy infrastructure burden on the blacks. This, intern, led to the decay of American cities and increasingly poor government services for blacks.
>>
>>1065068
>muh friee markette
Kill yourself ancap scum. Regulations and the auto lobby is what caused sprawl
>>
>>1064570
No. But one time while on mushrooms, I thought about how everyone lives in these, basically, box-type structures, and how we all have phones and Internet and how all of that is tracked and monitored 24/7.. Then I started having a bad trip, thinking about the fact that the man knows exactly where you are, who you're talking to and what you're doing. That was many years ago and the last time I ever would do shrooms in my lifetime.
>>
>>1065276
And that's when you found /g/, became obsessed about muh botnets, and found out about our lord and saviour RMS.
>>
>>1065279
>RMS
You mean TAD
>>
Cage dependent burbs aren't that bad. To each their own.

The crime is how it is nearly impossible to build anything else while following all regulations. You'll pay a lot of money for the privilege, and still have plenty of accommodation for other people's cars.
>>
>>1065354
Honestly I feel like the regulations themselves need changing. Suburban America was greatly influenced by modern zoning pracices and subsidization of car travel. I wish America would transition to utilizing more multi-use zoning and reconsidering how much money they funnel into new road construction rather than public transit
>>
>>1065227
>This, intern, led to the decay of American cities and increasingly poor government services for blacks.

Sounds like they should fire that intern! LOL!
>>
>>1065276
>Then I started having a bad trip, thinking about the fact that the man knows exactly where you are, who you're talking to and what you're doing.

Find comfort in knowing that the man probably doesn't care.
>>
>>1065234
>he doesn't know how markets work
>>
>>1065227
There is nothing wrong with isolationism. I despise humanity as a whole and would do anything to live out the rest of my life in a small cabin in the middle of nowhere and not see another human for miles. Fuck you and your little marxist "collective."
>>
>>1065429
Theres nothing wrong with living in a cabin in the middle of nowhere. But the type of isolationism that the other dudes arguing against, is more the type of isolationism of one class/group of people at the expense of others. Suburbs have royally fucked up American cities. Entire neighborhoods have been torn down to make way for super wide expressways just for the convenience of suburban commuters. Furthermore, people in the inner city find it especially hard to escape poverty because all of the nice parts of the city are only accessable by car, leaving them stranded in areas with little opportunities for moving up the economic ladder. And whats even worse is that people are starting to see the benefits of living in a walkable neighborhood and wanting to move back into the city, but the severe lack of multi-use zoning, NIMBYsm, prevalence of parking minimums, harsh environment for funding transit proposals, and continued overspending on highway expansions make it impossible to build affordable housing in walkable neighborhoods. So go live in your cabin for all I care, but dont tell me that American society isn't being completely fucked over by isolationism. Sorry for the rant, I just haven't vented over suburban america in a while now.
>>
>>1065068

good post
>>
>>1065068
hi dad
>>
>>1064570
+1 rep great posts
>>
>>1065463
thanks
>>
>>1064570
My dick is connected to your dick by air
>>
>>1065065
Ayyy Fulton county here but yeah you're lucky to not have a marta station(I know exactly the place you're talking about) whenever I have to go downtown I prefer driving(unless its to the airport) to MARTA(moving africans rapidly through atlanta
>>
>>1067701
I don't get why it gets such a bad rap.
I used to ride it all the time before I had a guaranteed parking space in the city. Unlike all the horror stories everybody OTP seems to have heard from friend's relatives, I rarely ever saw anything strange. (the obvious 1 or 2 homeless sleeping in the back corner seats during off-peak hours aren't strange) The "worst" is the occasional gospel nut or panhandler.

99% of my trips were from North Springs <--> Peachtree Center if that means anything
>>
>>1067809
All that said, when heading to or from downtown from the north, driving is faster than MARTA, even during rush hour, so that's why I usually drive anyway now. I have the luxury of a flexible schedule that lets me drive into downtown early enough before commuter traffic starts picking up
>>
>>1065441
Fuck your cities. I will live in my comfy white suburbs with my close friends, family, and neighbors while you liberal trash are stuck there babysitting your pet niggers.
>>
>>1064811
>Walk in the street.

Like they are off their meds.
>>
>>1065234
>complains about the free market
>then complains about regulations
Wakarimasen
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.