[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest question: do you think Penn Station has the dumbest users

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: nj-transit-delay.jpg (59KB, 750x479px) Image search: [Google]
nj-transit-delay.jpg
59KB, 750x479px
Honest question: do you think Penn Station has the dumbest users of any train station? Every time I'm there I feel like my IQ drops. I can't figure out why.

Long Island and New Jersey are filled with well educated, rich people. Why are the people in Penn so utterly vile? Compare it to Grand Central for example. It's a world apart.

Could it just be the space? Tight corridors make people antsy and thus awful?

What's the worst train station you've been in in terms of the people?
>>
Trains from Grand Central go to the homes of the elite, prestigious, and the executives.

Trains from Penn Station go to the Northeast's highest concentration of white trash, New Jersey and Long Island.
>>
>>1064456
because all the smart folk avoid penn and just get on trains at either atlantic, hoboken, or hunterspoint
>>
Damn I'm gonna be in penn station this summer
>>
>>1064488
While I definitely agree that Westchester is home to the most elite in the metro area, there are numerous towns in Nassau and Jersey that are just as nice, if not nicer. Not to mention, Grand Central also services tons of bumfuck upstate towns outside of Westchester like Poughkeepsie or Newburg, which are just as or more so white trash than LI and NJ.
>>
File: 03RESTJP3-master675.jpg (76KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
03RESTJP3-master675.jpg
76KB, 675x450px
>>1064503
There are nice parts of the Bronx, doesn't mean the Bronx isn't not a shit hole

Just look at the shops in Penn vs GCT

Typical Coffee/Breakfast at Penn: Starbucks, Au Bon Pain, Tim Hortons, Cinnabon, Krispy Kreme, McDonalds
Typical Coffee/Breakfast at GCT: Cafe Grumpy, Joe, Irving Farm
Typical dining at Penn: McDonalds, Nathan's, KFC, Pizza Hut
Typical dining at GCT: Oyster Bar, Agern, Shake Shack
Typical bar at Penn: TGI Friday's
Typical bar at GCT: Campbell Apartment
Typical shopping at Penn: Tiecoon, Perfumania, KMart
Typical shopping at GCT: Diptyque, Central Watch, Apple Store

Very different populations transiting these places. Penn is a fucking sewer. I don't exactly have the urge to "hang out" at GCT but if I have to kill some time there it's not the end of the world
>>
When I was taking Amtrak between NYP and 30th in Philly I'd notice the striking differences. At 30th they announce the track usually 20 to even 30 minutes ahead of departure. People would orderly saunter over to queue up at the stairwell (with stanchions already setup in such a way that you knew which side to stand on) when they felt like it. Near departure they let everyone down and you can take the stairs/escalator (i.e. you can bypass people with luggage on the stairs).

Now let's look at how Penn was: Track announcement, 5 minutes before departure but first it says "stand by". Now it's 2 minutes to go, finally announce track. What's a queue? Angry mob forms and rushes the top of the escalator, you had to be aggressive to keep your position. Station attendants did literally nothing. Yes it didn't help NYP has no room whatsoever but they didn't even make an effort to control the mobs. Recently I've noticed on SOME trains now they wrap the queues around the waiting area. But still, compare to 30th where no one bunched up at all, people would just form the queue without any direction by staff at all, snaking around columns as necessary.

Basically NYP sucks ass.
>>
>>1064513
There's a Shake Shack at Penn and Campbell Apartment doesn't exist anymore.

But I get your point.
>>
A lot of the older stores like bookstores were closed so they can bring in more pricey stores. KMart had it's own entrance in the LIRR part. Penn has had problems with the NJ Transit derailment and cops zapping some goof with a taser and people thought they were gunshots.
>>
>>1065011
>people that think tasers sound like guns
Typical New Yorkers.
>>
>>1064456
Wasn't Pen station supposed to be remodeled at some point, probably won't help with the IQ factor but it'll be somewhat nice to go through if they manage to make it a little like the old Penn station before it got demolished.
>>
>>1064503
The rednecks in poughkipsee never go to the city its just the rich conmuters. I have cousins up there that have never been here
>>
Penn station is just the result of stuffing the busiest passenger station in the US into a basement
>>
>>1065238
Yeah. Looks great too. I bet it'll help.
>>
>>1065098
If you hear a pop-pop-pop in an enclosed place,let's see if you stay.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.