[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love cycling and I cycle a lot and I like going fast and doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: cyclist2.jpg (66KB, 700x526px) Image search: [Google]
cyclist2.jpg
66KB, 700x526px
I love cycling and I cycle a lot and I like going fast and doing long rides. I have never used Strava. Should I? I don't want to use it regularly, but I would just use it to get KOMs. I don't even know exactly how it works. How can I get a KOM? How difficult is the competition? Who organizes the routes? Is it whoever gets the fastest time on a single route or whoever does best over a month over multiple courses or what?
Redpill me on Strava KOMs
>>
>>1063012
There are just segments you hit for KOMS on any given route you might ride. Also, if you havent been using it already do your rides even count?
>>
>>1063020
>There are just segments you hit for KOMS on any given route you might ride.
So it's just whoever gets the fastest time on that segment that month?
Do you get points, like is there a winner for who gets the most segment wins?
And who determines what segments are scored?
>Also, if you havent been using it already do your rides even count?
Yes fuck you faggot
>>
>>1063026
Its a meme dog. The KOM keeps the segment until someone else beats the time. you can go and see if there are segments on any of your regular rides. Its just fasted time until someone else beats it. You can create segments too, if you want to own KOMS on routes only you ride.
>>
>>1063034
But KOM means "king of the month" right? So doesn't it reset the first day of the month, and whoever had the fastest time the last month is the winner for that month? And someone can be in first place for the current month even if someone last month did it faster?

So a segment is just created by anyone who uses Strava? They just go on Strava and choose a part of their ride to call a segment? Aren't there more officially recognized KOM competitions or something like that?
>>
>>1063036
no, it's king of the mountain you idiot

It's from the phrase "king of the mountain" in a bike race meaning whoever gets to the top of the climb first in a race (not necessarily the winner). Strava just uses it as the blanket "best segment time" term. It never resets unless you look at the "this year" or "today" sections of the segment. KOMs are only the "worth it" for the overall tho. no one cares if you had the fastest time of the year or day really.
>>
>>1063038
Oh, lol okay. Thanks for clearing that up. So I could just go on some remote rural road where no one rides, be the only person to ever Strava it, and be counted as KOM, and that would count just as much as getting KOM on some route that's been attempted over 9000 times?
What even determines a "segment"? Do you go into the app after your ride and select a section to be a segment, or what?
>>
>>1063039
No people add segments as they see fit on the website. You dont get points, it just shows how many KOMS you have at once. IF there isnt a segment you wont get shit, you gotta create the segment or have one be there previously.
>>
>>1063041
Oh. So how is a segment made? By going out and riding it, or setting it up before the ride?
>>
File: troll dog2.png (461KB, 448x814px) Image search: [Google]
troll dog2.png
461KB, 448x814px
Should I create a Strava account and list myself as female so I can take all the QOMs?
>>
>>1063046
Yeah unless its previously in place, you would need to make it before your ride. But if you go out and ride a route you do, it will record your overall stats as well as show you what segments were hit along your route.
>>1063048
Might as well, tell them to fuck off and not assume your gender lawl.
>>
>>1063046
You go out for a ride, come home, upload the ride, and if there's some noteworthy segment of your ride for some reason, you create it and it's added to that particular road segment.
>>
>>1063049
>>1063050
Okay, thanks. So let's say I go out for a ride, then come back and create the segment after the ride. Is my time from that ride, on that segment, recorded or do I have to go ride it after creating it for it to be recorded?

And obviously opinions, but should I start doing Strava and going for KOMs y/n? Will have to wait til June cause I don't have my gotta go fast bike here, won't be able to ride my fast bike til June. But I'll be somewhere with a lot of cyclists, I just checked and the segments in that area all have like 5,000-10,000+ attempts.
>>
>>1063049
>Might as well, tell them to fuck off and not assume your gender lawl.
Should I also enter bike races in the women's category and call them transphobic when they say I'm obviously not a woman since I have a beard? Should I just tell them that they're jealous of my feminine beard?
>>
>>1063055
It's recorded. And in my opinion you shouldn't actively try to target and win KOMs, it'll only distract you from actually enjoying your ride. If you get one, cool. If not, whatever.
>>
>>1063086
Just say your T cycle got doubled by your tranny doctor duh.
>>
>>1063055
Yeah it wouldn't know your split time for the second unless its been already maple out. Jesus just play with it and get some KOMS senpai. Don't forget to write #rippinbongsstealinkoms in your posts.
>>
>>1063088
I wouldn't make my rides revolve around that. I usually ride my steel road bike anyway. I normally wouldn't even use Strava. I would just take out my carbon road bike with my phone/Strava sometimes and go for KOMs sometimes.
>>1063093
Okay ty
>>
>>1063055
yes, it will retroactively put you on the segment. I've done it plenty of times.

On your point about getting a KOM on some rural road, yes, it'll be a kom, but no one will give a fuck that you're 1/1 on some bumfuck seggy

also segments are usually notable and not arbitrary tracts of road (but there are a lot of those too)
>>
>>1063101
Why not take out your carbon road bike with your phone/Strava sometimes and go for a nice, quick paced ride, and if you get some KOMs in the way then all the better?
>>
>>1063102
Okay, ty for info.
>>
>>1063103
Because if I'm not riding specifically for a KOM, I won't have my phone with me. And if I'm not specifically trying for KOM, I doubt I would get a KOM. Out of thousands of people doing the segment, many of them trying specifically for the KOM, it doesn't seem reasonable to get it without trying.
>>
Does anyone on /n/ even have any KOM in a difficult segment (as in a segment with a lot of attempts)?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.