[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just moved to Oregon and learned to love biking pretty much as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: CONTINUUM_HERO_1.jpg (141KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CONTINUUM_HERO_1.jpg
141KB, 1024x1024px
Just moved to Oregon and learned to love biking pretty much as soon as I got here. So I got a decent marin larkspur to get around to work and generally enjoy the bike paths.

Now I'm looking ahead past fall and wondered if I could continue biking when winter hits. Then I found a bike, the Priority Continuum, from some bike video and saw they biked on solid lake ice no problem with the studded tires.

I'm just wondering if I should start saving for this bike or if it's even worth it?
>>
>>1062749
Why not just get studded tires that you can put on the bike you already have?
>>
>>1062751

I should've said I also like the belt and the gear drive. But I also don't know how they perform or how long they last.
>>
>>1062749

you experience something that every bikefan has experienced.

the thing is, you want that bike, you don't need it.
you could put studded tires on yours.

that's not a real problem though.
give it some time to consider and look around and if you still want it in a month or two and can fund it, than go for it.
>>
>>1062781

That makes solid sense, but I was mainly asking for winter, which is like 7-8 months away.

I guess a better question is how good and solid are carbon belt drives? Also does anyone here have any experience with the seamlessly-shifting Nuvinci hub?
>>
>>1062834
The Nuvinci isn't very good, it's heavy and has a low range so only any good if you only ride on flat ground or you don't mind going slow on flat ground if you have steep hills to climb. It's pretty much the same as having an 11-32 cassette in the back with a single chainring up front.
>>
>>1062838

Aww, that sucks to hear. I guess convenience really hurts it functionality. I mean my commute isn't super hilly, but I would like to take any future bike on a backpacking trip. Thanks for the info.
>>
So, I guess before the thread dies, what would be a good next set up in a hybrid bike? Say around the same price point of 1k?

Should I just save for a Cannondale?
>>
>>1062871
If you can get a similar bike but with derailers or a decent IGH (Alfine 8 or 11) it'd be good, the Nuvinci hub is probably the only bad thing about that bike.
>>
>>1062749
Belt drive is a meme. Just get studded tires for your bike. Or just use the tires you have since you don't have to ride on ice/snow much in Oregon, and regular tires will suffice for the few days a year you do.
If you just want a better bike for commuting, get one of these, not a meme-tier belt drive meme machine:
Kona Dew Plus
Trek FX
Specialized Sirrus
Cannondale Bad Boy
Giant Escape
Salsa Vaya
Surly Straggler
All-City Macho Man
Kona Jake
>>1062871
This list applies to you too
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.