[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

According to this dumbfuck, not wearing a helmet is a way of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: helmet.jpg (76KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
helmet.jpg
76KB, 333x500px
According to this dumbfuck, not wearing a helmet is a way of saying that you don't want to die. As in, her incompetent stance is the complete opposite of the truth.
>I think of my bare [helmetless] head as a sign that says: I am a living creature who wants to keep living, so please don’t hit me.
http://www.bikinginmpls.com/im-done-wearing-helmet/
>>
And it gets worse
>People will often put up photos on social media of obliterated helmets and say, “Holy crap, look at my helmet! It saved my life!” But helmets are not supposed to shatter. When a helmet protects your head from a serious injury, the styrofoam inside will be compressed and stay that way. Most of the pictures I’ve seen are of helmets that have broken apart. It’s likely that the helmet did not protect someone from a severe injury.
While she is correct that helmets are designed to compress, she is the biggest fucking moron on the planet, without the slightest understanding of physics, if she legitimately believes that a shattered helmet didn't do its job. Helmets compress in mild to moderate impacts, they shatter in severe impacts. In both cases, they absorb a fuck of a lot of force. Of course you niggers already know that, but apparently this dumbass woman doesn't.
Oh well, someday she'll learn the hard way.
>>
>>1061247
>>1061249
Did you even read the article?

Aside from her error about helmets shattering, that's my stance too - I wear a helmet if I'm mountain biking or riding a road bike in a group (both activities where the risk of crashing goes way up), but not for general riding about.

The humanizing effect is real:
http://www.bath.ac.uk/news/articles/archive/overtaking110906.html
>>
>>1061252
See also:

http://ipa.org.au/publications/2019/australia%27s-helmet-law-disaster
>>
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0001457596000164

Risk of head injury per million hours travelled

Cyclist - 0.41
Pedestrian - 0.80
Motor vehicle occupant - 0.46
Motorcyclist - 7.66

Always wear your helmet guys. No matter if you're cycling, driving or walking down the street.
>>
>>1061252
>>1061253
Yes, I read the whole article (to laugh at her stupidity if for no other reason). What's your point?
>>
>>1061253
Btw I never said helmet use should be forced. Obviously it shouldn't be, it's a personal choice and a personal risk as it doesn't affect anyone else. It doesn't mean I won't laugh at you when you crash without a helmet and end up in a wheelchair for the rest of your life.
>>
I wear a yellow helmet so people know I mean business.
>>
>>1061263
nice
>>
>>1061263
I wear a blue helmet cause what's good enough for soldiers trying to restore peace in African failed states is good enough for my commute.
>>
>>1061263
>trenduro
>>
My helmetless head says: I had a helmet once, but I lost it
>>
File: 1468626175646.jpg (60KB, 400x608px) Image search: [Google]
1468626175646.jpg
60KB, 400x608px
if you look cool no one is gonna run you over. they'll crash into other cagers from staring at you. that's why all the chink helmets look like anime robot shit instead of being impact resistant

You wanna avoid getting hit you dress like flashy, like you belong inna /jp/ or /co/ pic or something like pic related but more extreme. shitty reflective douchebag nuthugging "cycling gear" clothes just make you look like a faggot

if you crash on the street without getting hit then you are a moron. learn to ride in your driveway and do better maintenance
>>
>bu bu but muh helmet saved my life once!

the life of a faggot that wears a helmet isn't worth saving. You perpetuate the myth that cycling is dangerous, causing less people to ride, making it moe dangerous for those that do. Fucking worthless fred scum...
>>
>>1061317
Oy vey!
>>
>>1061252
Look, kid. I don't know who you are or what kind of riding you do, but I'm not one to back away from a challenge -- or from danger. You see those professional freeriders hucking backies off 30 foot cliffs on gravity rigs? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. Or the guys riding 100kph in a peloton only centimeters away from other riders, where the slightest mishap would send them flying onto the pavement -- or worse, off the cliff that the road is running alongside? Yeah, I'm one of those guys too. I'm a 3-time downhill world champion and a 5-time Tour De France winner. I also have the 3rd lowest time ever recorded in the Race Across America, the most difficult endurance sport event in world history. Then you little BMX punk kids and fixie hipster faggots come and tell me that I am afraid to take risks? No, fuck that and fuck you. I'm not afraid to take risks, I'm just not an idiot. I'm all for adventure and risk, but there is literally no reason to ride without a helmet or without brakes, ever, under any circumstances (aside from riding brakeless in a velodrome). I hope you get run over by a death cage and die, kiddo.
>>
>>1061384
This

These idiots might as well start wearing a helmet for walking.
>>
>>1062664
Look, kid. I don't know who you are or what kind of riding you do, but I'm not one to back away from a challenge -- or from danger. You see those professional freeriders hucking backies off 30 foot cliffs on gravity rigs? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. Or the guys riding 100kph in a peloton only centimeters away from other riders, where the slightest mishap would send them flying onto the pavement -- or worse, off the cliff that the road is running alongside? Yeah, I'm one of those guys too. I'm a 3-time downhill world champion and a 5-time Tour De France winner. I also have the 3rd lowest time ever recorded in the Race Across America, the most difficult endurance sport event in world history. Then you little BMX punk kids and fixie hipster faggots come and tell me that I am afraid to take risks? No, fuck that and fuck you. I'm not afraid to take risks, I'm just not an idiot. I'm all for adventure and risk, but there is literally no reason to ride without a helmet or without brakes, ever, under any circumstances (aside from riding brakeless in a velodrome). I hope you get run over by a death cage and die, kiddo.
>>
File: helmets2.png (5KB, 837x13px) Image search: [Google]
helmets2.png
5KB, 837x13px
>>
>>1063928
Bicycle helmets literally have been proven not to do a damn thing.
>>
If being a person who is alive doesn't say "I am a living creature who wants to keep living, so please don't hit me" to someone then nothing you wear or don't wear is going to change that.
>>
File: giro air attack.jpg (33KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
giro air attack.jpg
33KB, 440x440px
Am i the only one who wears a helmet, because it feels nice, and matches my bike?
>>
>>1065034
You are fucking stupid
>>
>>1065085
Nice argument faggot, don't forget to wear your retard helmet
In the real world bicycle helmet laws increase the number of injuries and deaths, not decrease
>>
>>1065087
Congrats on your autism

Maybe if you stopped being a faggot hipster in his fixie and switched to real cycling you'll find out why helmts are a necessity
>>
>>1065093
REKT
E
K
T
>>
>>1065093
I don't ride bikes, I can afford a car.
>>
>>1065085
>uses bike sport as an argument against statement about bike transport
Nigga, you obviously didn't wear your thudguard when she dropped (You).
>>
>>1065111
Then fuck off, lazy fatass. This is a cycling board.
>>
>>1065111
>Can only afford a car

Lol poorfag
>>
>>1065085
Comparing a game of football at a barbecue to the NFL seems dumb, doesn't it?
That's what this is.
>>
>>1065158
Yeah cause only degenerate fatasses eat typical barbecue food
>>
i wear a helmet in groups because not doing so means ugly looks from everyone else
i don't wear one alone because i want to die

>>1065111
my bike costs more than your car
>>
Helmet can't save you from the cold embrace of the grim reaper. Do a survey, guarantee 90% of helmet fucks have an irrational fear of death.
>>
>>1065111
I have 5 bikes and one of them alone is worth more than your car so fuck off, niggerkike.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.