[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to work for the FAA, but I don't know if I should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: O38d6Y7 - Imgur.jpg (32KB, 500x415px) Image search: [Google]
O38d6Y7 - Imgur.jpg
32KB, 500x415px
I want to work for the FAA, but I don't know if I should bother because medical records would show that I tried to kill myself once.

Should I even try applying? Can I just fake records? On their website, they say it would require "FAA Decision" in regard to depression, suicide, etc. That's a guaranteed no IMO.
>>
>>1061082
Try killing yourself again fag.
>>
>>1061082
I don't know anything about the FAA specifically, but I know virtually nobody can gain access to your medical records. Even the military which says they can over and over again when you join doesn't have that ability. I think you should apply and lie about it.
>>
>>1061082
>"FAA Decision" in regard to depression, suicide, etc

i assume they will take into consideration how long ago it was, and how well managed your depression has been since then. If youve got everything under control im sure theyll base it off of your qualifications
>>
>>1061082
Don't tell them. As >>1061182 said, they can't get access to your records.
>>
>>1061182
>>1061226
I've always wondered how that works with buying guns - is it just if it was a court mandated thing?
>>
>>1062662
Buying guns is different and varies because certain states will report certain things.

Generally though, you have to be "adjudicated" as mentally defective, meaning a court declared you incompetent to manage your own affairs or be involuntarily committed to a mental institution to be outright prohibited on a form 4473. The involuntary is a big thing and the ATF even specifies that on the form that you going in yourself or being held for observation doesn't count as involuntary commitment.
>>
>>1061082
Are you a pilot?
What do you want to do in the FAA?
>>
>>1061082
I'll assume you mean controlling. They had to establish new records for me to start ATC, despite already having records on file from working as a contract controller.

Go for it, worst they can say is no. It's a great job if you're autistic like everyone on 4chan is.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.