[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me last night >Drive up mount tamilpi with my girl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1470897532787.jpg (341KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1470897532787.jpg
341KB, 1200x1600px
>be me last night
>Drive up mount tamilpi with my girl
>twisty ass road
>speed limit 35
>staying under 40, to twisty to go faster in my car
>come around a tight corner going well under the speed limit.
>have to slam on my breaks becuse a guy on a bike is going 15mph on a downhill in the center of the lane
>wait to pass for a mile becuse he wont give way even though he was plenty of space
>stays under 18mph the whole time
>he is on a road bike on a long downhill
Just why. Why would he do that? Is he trying to die? Becuse if i was going the speed limit on that corner i would have run right up his ass. What do yall think about it?
>>
>>1060754
mount tamalpais
Whops
>>
>going over the speed limit
>ever
>waah waah I saw a cyclist roll through a red once when there was no cross traffic, why am I not allowed to run over them
But you are, anon. You can kill with impunity, just say "he totally came outta nowhere". Don't let morality get in the way, that never stopped a cager
>>
>>1060754
If you cannot stop your vehicle within one half of your visual range, you're operating your vehicle too fast.
>>
Even though this is bait...

Mount tam is a super well known cycling route. Sunday is day to expect vehicular recreation of all types. At 18mph on winding roads, it is impossible to yield much if any road as a cyclist. The cyclist absolutely has a right to the lane and must not yield unless there are 5 or more vehicles held up behind him. The cyclist expects other road users to be responsible, alert and to know and respect the law. Speed limits don't excuse drivers from driving safely around bind turns. Etc, etc, etc
>>
YOU MEAN YOU HAD TO SLOW DOWN FOR A WHOLE MILE? UNFATHOMABLE!
>>
>>1060754
>Why would he do that?
On my country a cyclist can use the lane on downhill roads, specially if they are curvy, it's safer for the cyclist because any little thing (wind, cars, dirt/sand) can make the cyclist crash at high speeds.

If the limit was 35 and the guy rode at 18 it was totally fine. Also surpassing the speed limits is a dbag behaviour, if the limit is 35 you should drive under 34 all the times, specially if there are many curves.
>>
>>1060754
The guy on a road bike was a fool (who wastes a perfectly good descent by riding the brakes all the way down?), but fortunately for OP, being a fucking dumbass doesn't mean you deserve to die.

>>1060759
This.
>>
>>1060754
>weekend
>marin
>driving

What the fuck did you expect?
>>
Don't be such a pussy and just pass him. Hwy 1, Muir Woods, all over fucking Marin it's the same thing. Give em 3' and pass.
>>
>>1060754
Who does he think he is to impede you? YOU!
He deserves death and eternal suffering.
>>
>>1060759
Well I was not going too fast, I didint hit him. What I way trying to explane in my first post was that I was driving at a safe speed, but other pople on that road drive really fast cars that can take corners super hard. Someone like that would have killed him becuse he was going half the limit in the middle of the lane at night. Just becuse it is legal to ride center lane does not mean it is smart, and just becuse it is legal to not give way to faster trafic does not make you not a dickhead.
>>
>>1061217
>Just becuse it is legal to ride center lane does not mean it is smart
but it was smart in that situation, any of us would have done the same thing
it is hard to see cyclists riding in the shoulder or at the edge of the lane in any situation
on a road with blind corners it is even more difficult
riding in the middle of the lane increases visibility
it also signals that it is unsafe to pass on that road
not to mention, that on a downhill road with sharp corners, the bike needs space to turn
attempting to track the very outside of the road with cars passing in the same lane on a twisty road is suicidal

>just because it is legal to not give ... does not make you not a dickhead
if it was unsafe to change lanes to pass him, then it is unsafe to pass him
and it sounds like if he had moved over you would have passed in an unsafe manner
so he was protecting himself by making it clear that you should not pass there
>>
>>1060849
This. Fucking cyclists deserve to have their head squished for costing me several seconds of my time while I speed on public roads.
>>
File: oops.jpg (116KB, 600x737px) Image search: [Google]
oops.jpg
116KB, 600x737px
>>1061217
>some cagers are irresponsible and might kill someone, the cagers are the real victims here
>>
>>1061217
>have to slam on my breaks
You were too fast. In a non-emergency situation you don't need to slam on your brakes for another road user who isn't breaking the law, unless you were too fast or not paying attention.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.