[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one good reason I shouldn't bike on the sidewalk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (239KB, 892x931px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
239KB, 892x931px
Give me one good reason I shouldn't bike on the sidewalk if it is clear of pedestrians
>>
Drivers typically stop past the sidewalk, so if you are booking it you risk getting t-boned, flying over their hood or flying through their side window.
>>
Sidewalks also tend to have those door thingies where unsuspecting surprise passengers on your handlebar come from.

TLDR: You don't belong there.
>>
95% of the adults that ride on the sidewalk are strung out homeless people
>>
>>1059802
That must suck. It would take me a lot longer to go places if I had to stay on the car road.
>>
>>1059802
Because it's a sidewalk, not a road nor a bike lane.
>>
>>1059882
Sure, but, and hear me out here: what if I'm REALLY entitled?
>>
>>1059802
I'd rather ride on some nice asphalt, but maybe I'm the crazy one.
>>
>>1059802
Cuz it's illegal

(thats the only reason)
>>
I can't think of one, since you are clearly under 14
>>
>>1059802
There isn't one.
There is plenty of places where it makes perfect sense to ride on sidewalk but many cyclists are stuck in their ways and can't accept this.
Just slow/stop and use caution when crossing roads and drive ways and you've btfo the single criticism bike fags always harp on about.
>>
>>1059919
What if it's not?

But seriously, it's so full of stuff it's not compatible with traffic - building doors, trashcans, street lights, roadsigns, traffic lights etc.

And card drivers are much less likely to pay attention to sidewalk then the road. When making turns or exiting buildings they just look if they are not directly hitting any pedestrian. They search only the road for oncoming traffic.
>>
Why would anyone willingly subject themselves to concrete expansion joints spaced 1 meter apart?
>>
because bikes are legitimate vehicles
>>
Sidewalks are rough concrete.

Often take sharp turns.

Impossible to go fast

Cars leaving parking lots will never see you if you are going 14mph+
>>
>>1059949
>it's so full of stuff it's not compatible with traffic - building doors, trashcans, street lights, roadsigns, traffic lights etc.
Not every side walk is like that.
>And card drivers are much less likely to pay attention to sidewalk then the road
Stop or slow at points where the road crosses sidewalk.
>>
>>1059802
Give me one good reason I shouldn't drive on the sidewalk if it is clear of pedestrians
>>
>>1059802
Where I live it's okay and not illegal, but keep in mind >>1059805
is true as well. Take it slow if you have to ride on the sidewalk.

>>1059937
This. Vehicular cycling activism is the main reason, and also pedestrians (mostly in big cities). Where I live, pedestrians are nicer and much less entitled than drivers that I share the road with. Watch out for driveways since they often pull out to the sidewalk if they see no one backing up.

>>1059969
The sidewalk past my house I can go 23 on flats pretty easily (on a mountain bike), maybe with some help from the wind

>>1059990
Cars don't fit on a sidewalk.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.