[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no brake lights >no head lights >no turn signals >no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

>no brake lights
>no head lights
>no turn signals
>no license plate
>no registration
>no insurance
>struggle to reach normal traffic speeds of many roads
>struggle to accelerate to top speed after stopping
>more users have a habit of failing to stop/yield than motor vehicles for the above reasons

>people still think they should be allowed on roads, bike lanes or not
>>
File: ed2-0334.jpg (100KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
ed2-0334.jpg
100KB, 600x400px
>no brake lights
>no head lights
>no turn signals
>no license plate
>no registration
>no insurance
>more of them have a habit of failing to stop/yield than motor vehicles for the above reasons
>people still think they should be allowed on roads, pedestrian crossings or not

Why not ban everyone from leaving the house unless they're in a car?
>>
>>1057982
Lololololol stay mad, white boi
>>
>whites actually believe this
>>
dual rear flashers
bright headlight pair
hand signals
× license plate
x registration
insurance
ride only roads which have attainable speeds or large shoulders
flow best with traffic while accelerating because of turbulence behind cars
dont be a dumbass

pretty swole road vehicle tbqhwy famalama dingdong
>>
Keep crying bitch nigga
>>
>>1057982
>big, hard to maneuver, need special roads
>loud, smelly, need epa regulations
>fast, dangerous, need traffic controls
>expensive, crash often, need insurance
>ugly, big, need parking garages
>wide, long, clog up roads
>burn gas, emit poison, bad for health
why are you still driving cars?
>>
>>1057993
Pedestrians have the best acceleration.
>>
>>1057982
>fat
>lazy
>unintelligent
>autistic
>smelly
>dirty
>completely lacking in social skills
>will never have a girlfriend
>no one will ever love him
>thinks shitposting is impressive somehow

>OPs still think they should be allowed on the internets, 4chan or not

Does mommy know you're using her computer to access 18+ websites, son?
>>
>>1057982
mind blown

I guess when you put it that way this may be a bit of a breach.

the first three are bs but the rest should be considered, especially when if a car does hit a cyclist the driver is looking at spending his life savings on medical bills for the cyclist.
>>
>>1057982
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=topnqOz0L4Y
>2012 +5
not being married to 24 bikes
>>
>>1058406
>especially when if a car does hit a cyclist the driver is looking at spending his life savings on medical bills for the cyclist.

Maybe, I dunno, don't fucking run people over then?

>cagers literally only care about cyclists because if they hit them they have to pay money, fuck whoever they just maimed and their family, I'm just mad I have to pay medical bills
>>
>>1057982
>constantly breaking traffic rules, making illegal turns and running lights because "oh I think I can make it"
>so aggressive they see a sign that says "this is the fastest you can possibly go on this road without being a danger to everyone around you" and thinks "well, I mean you can go like five over and you wont get in trouble sooo...."
>license, insurance, and registration are both trivial to get as long as you have money and like 30 minutes to fill out paperwork
>driving test is a complete fucking joke, the route I took never encountered more than one traffic light and it wasn't even a full 4 way intersection, I never went on the highway and the instructor never actually taught me how to do anything
>written test was 50% "how many points will you get on your license for X infraction" which is just rote memorization
>anyone can get a license so your 16 year old snapchat obsessed daughter is allowed to absentmindedly snap her fave song on the radio while she drives 55 in a 45 in a fucking two ton piece of metal
>literally just apes in cars, people in lifted trucks and shit blow through stop signs because "they'll stop for me I'm bigger" (see this shit every day in rural shitty north georgia)

>people still think they should be allowed cars
>>
>>1058651
Not to mention 80 year old pensioners rolling through stop signs and backing out of parking spots at full speed without stopping to check for anyone

I work in a supermarket and they make you park in the back so I end up nearly getting hit at least once a day on the either to work, to my car for lunch, back into work, or on the way out unless I close and no customers are in the lot
>>
>>1058650
>cagers accepting responsibility for their actions
Nah brah it was an accident I didn't mean to run over him, I was just in a hurry and too busy texting
>>
>not a 1000lb death cage
>>
How about we compromise and agree that cyclists should have insurance and bicycles should have license plates but leave it at that?
>>
>>1058669
>insurance
the reason cars have to have liability insurance is because they can easily destroy property and kill people
bicycles weigh < 40 lbs
if one hits a car as fast as it can the most that'll happen is a small dent and a scratch in the car's paint
if a car hits another car going < 50% its top speed it can still total the other car and kill somebody
>license plates
these exist partly for insurance/law enforcement purposes, but mostly to ensure cars are registered and taxes were paid on them
bicycles don't require registration because anyone can throw one together with parts and there's no need to register them
>>
>>1058670
Cyclists have injured and even killed pedestrians. Also, there have been cases of serious injuries being caused and the cyclist fleeing the scene of the crime, license places would ensure they are identified and make it more likely they'd stop and render aid to those they've (hopefully unintentionally) harmed.
>>
>>1058670

>the reason cars have to have liability insurance is because they can easily destroy property and kill people

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/motorists-and-cyclists-create-army-of-walking-wounded-hpj8djtxmjk

>When serious injuries are measured as a proportion of distance travelled, cyclists injured 21 pedestrians per billion km travelled in 2012 compared with 24 pedestrians injured by drivers.
>>
>>1058672
>Cyclists have injured and even killed pedestrians
Not enough of an issue to be worth the stigma, all you are trying to do is criminalize non-cage transport.

In my city, in the average year there are approximately hundreds of car-on-pedestrian fatalities (between 150 and 200 typically), dozens of car-on-bike fatalities, and zero bike-on-pedestrian fatalities. Of the latter, there was one, around 2008 or 2009 IIRC, it was a rare enough event that it was kind of a big deal around here but so astronomically rare that it isn't statistically relevant.

You are spreading cager propaganda and you should be ashamed.
>>
>>1058676
The number of injuries are lower because people, on average, spend less time on bikes, travel less far and fewer people own bicycles. I don't want to outlaw it, just ensure that it occurs in a way that minimises harm to the public. There are people out there who have had their lives ruined by hit and run cyclists and we owe it to them to ensure it never happens again.
>>
>>1058684
>I bet someone got injured by a cyclist once
>I don't ride and I bet not many people do ride bikes so let's just say most cyclists hurt people and run off
>I don't want to outlaw it just make it inordinately complicated to do it legally so that everyone just drives like me
>I'm just looking out for safety here!
No, you're just concern trolling because you think you'll be less noticed than the trolls who say they'd just like to run us down. Go away, troll.
>>
>>1058686
People like you are ruining the reputation of cyclists. If we're not careful it will be banned because we failed to regulate internally. Any vehicle that can go faster than a human running should have insurance and a license plate.
>>
>>1058690
Confirmed for concern troll
>I'm just looking out for "us", fellow kids!
No you're not. You don't ride a bike, and you feel that cyclists are a distinct species, unrelated to regular people, and "something oughtta be done about them" because you had to lift your foot off the gas once
>>
>>1058690
Why doesn't your mobility scooter have insurance and license plate then?
>>
>>1058695
They can't go faster than a brisk jog.
>>
>>1058020
because of all the reasons you listed.
And according to these reasons you should not ride bikes on same road as cars since it's a death sentance.
>>
>>1058699
Ban cars when?
>>
>>1058701
never.
Stay mad, I'll still do 140 in a fifty zone through a twisties. I'll still turn heads with the low rumble of my engine and get thumbs up while you irritate drivers and pedestrians by being in the way and wearing gay ass tight pants that make even the gayest gay uncomfortable.

Even if you ban cars I'll just get back to street mountainbike and hoon there.
In my 6 years of hooning on a bike I never injured or even touched a pedestrian despite constantly going 25+ kph down stairs and drop offs without any brakes. If anything people applauded.
>>
>>1058704
We both know driving cars is gonna get banned as soon as self driving cars improve a bit. The average driver is just way too much of a safety risk to general public to allow them on open roads after self driving cars are a thing.
>>
>>1058699
>ban the more efficient, safer means of transport
>because the inefficient, dangerous vehicles make roads unsafe
that logic is fucked
>>
>no brake lights
what are rear lights
>no head lights
what are front lights
>no turn signals
what are hand signals
>no license plate
because they don't need them?
>no registration
again, don't need them
>no insurance
insurance for what? Bikes cost a fraction of what cars do and in a crash, a cyclist isn't gonna fuck anything up but themselves
if overtaking a slower moving vehicle is that difficult, turn in your drivers license, you suck at driving
not really, i typically accelerate faster than cars.
>more users have a habit of failing to stop/yield than motor vehicles for the above reasons
good evidence
also a lot of motorists mad about cyclists not following laws just dont know the laws. Example: in many states it's 100% legal for cyclists to run a red light after stopping at it.

>people still think they should be allowed on roads, bike lanes or not
Yeah have cyclists swerve around pedestrians on the sidewalk this is a good plan. Riding on the sidewalk is seriously 10x more dangerous than roads.
>>
>>1058651
The money cars cost in terms of insurance and taxes is a joke compared to the costs they cause for the public
>>
File: 1448868893114.jpg (28KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1448868893114.jpg
28KB, 460x460px
>>1057982
IDGAF about the debate
but Holy Shit WTF is wrong with that guy's arms??
>>
>>1058704
Really the hatred of cars on this board goes past irrational sometimes. Some of us just want to get places quickly without having to be exposed to the elements and without having to be stuffed into a transit vehicle with other filthy humans. Also a sense of some quiet and privacy without fear of being judged by others, something that transit can never provide, and people would gladly pay a premium for it.

>>1058710
It won't, there will never be legislation that bans driving because there's always a small chance autopilot can fail and the driver would have to take control in extreme situations. Airplanes have had autopilot for decades and still aren't automated for this reason. Only if something is on rails can it truly be self-driving without a person directly controlling the vehicle. Driving will largely get phased out but it'll be years before the tech is perfected and another decade after that for it to become commercially viable and standard on most car models, and that self driving car will cost more than the base car, kind of like how the manual transmission option is available and cheaper than the automatic. Add another 20 years after that for the vast majority of the American auto fleet to renew itself - people have been holding on to old cars for longer and longer before buying a new one and I don't see this trend changing unless there was another cash for clunkers type program.

Not to mention the massive infrastructural investment needed to make roads "smart" for self driving vehicles. It could take at least 20-30 years before most cars on the road are actually self-driving.
>>
>>1058672
Cars kill ~35000 Americans a year. The last incident I remember of a cyclist killing anyone but himself was that guy who struck a geriatric jaywalker in SF a few years ago.
>>
File: 1310496003560.jpg (11KB, 258x314px) Image search: [Google]
1310496003560.jpg
11KB, 258x314px
>>1058690
>mfw skateboards and skis need license plates
>>
>>1058902
Except when you can save 35000 lives and hundreds of thousands of people from injuries by automating cars. There will be a massive push to banning non automated cars from insurance companies and car manufacturers. You might not see them outright banned but you can guarantee that their insurance payments will skyrocket compared to automated cars. Also the public perception will massively change once automated cars are safer than driving yourself.
>>
File: ride-that-cart.jpg (140KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ride-that-cart.jpg
140KB, 500x375px
>>1058909
A few years ago some teenagers with ADHD pushed a shopping cart off a pedestrian bridge which IIRC either killed or maimed a teacher. It's time the government put a stop to these unlicensed shopping cart pushers.
>>
>>1058902
Mate check out the new Volvo, it's basically already self-driving. Twenty years tops and you can just put in your destination on a touch screen and go take a nap.
>>
>>1058921
>pushed a shopping cart off a bridge
>killed or maimed a teacher
you can't regulate stupidity
>>
road cyclists are pure cancer
i'd actually like to get into it but i don't want to be associated with these faggots and their garbage narcissistic """culture"""

>longboarding in bike lane against traffic because no bumps
>see cyclist approaching in the distance
>get out of bike lane hundreds of meters and tens of seconds before cyclist passes me
>get yelled at for (not) being in bike lane

another time
>driving camper
>see cyclist ahead of me
>cyclist yields to the right and i yield left into the (clear) oncoming lane
>cyclist decides at literally the last millisecond that he's not yielding anymore and swerves into the leftmost part of the lane with his hand out in a "stop don't pass me" kind of gesture so i literally have to slam on the brakes (of a large, heavy, slow stopping, camper) to avoid a collision

when i see them on my old 2-stroke i downshift and blast them with dirty smog and noise every chance i get
>>
>>1060103
>Use a bike lane when youre not on a bike
>Going against traffic
You belong in jail. You're a danger to others on the road.
>>
>>1057982
i ride on the pavement,fuck the law
>>
>>1057982
I always picture those who get mad at bicyclists are always incredibly fat and more often than not, they are.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFymjKZJ4XI

Cyclists are the scum of the earth
>>
cars
>registration pays for the roads
>have many safety features
>can be used to move heavy objects and entire families
>requires testing and education to use
>used by hard working honest people

Bicycles
>no registration
>no safety features
>people ride them is spandex to show off their dicks
>no testing or licencing
>ridden exclusively by sex perverts
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AFn7MiJz_s
>>
>>1060152
>few hundred dollars from registration pays for the roads
>not the billions of dollars of federal and state funding
>requires testing and education to use
>this is a good thing

>people wear lycra to show off their dicks
>perverts
>implying this is a bad thing and you aren't just jealous
>>
GAS THE BIKES
>>
>>1058710
People will consider it the government taking away their freedom. Republicans would never go for something like outlawing cars
>>
>>1060188
The GOP is self-destructing at the moment, no one knows what the party platform will be 10 years from now

The auto industry and the insurance industry will buy lobbyists who will buy the politicians who will get them the legislation they want

If the republicans don't run their mouths off about how steer-it-yourself cars are "freedom" and self-driving is a UN conspiracy to make our kids gay, maybe they can have the money. Otherwise, they'll have set a trap for themselves, and the other party gets the money

At the moment it's all up in the air, no one has really taken a prominent position on this because the republicans are too busy squabbling over which air conditioner factory to tweet angrily about, and the democrats are too busy trying to get trump impeached for treason
>>
Cyclists are the worst fucking people in the world

https://youtu.be/xFymjKZJ4XI
>>
>>1060188
The best part is that no one has to actually ban them. The auto and especially the insurance industries will force the vast majority of people into self driving cars.

And once self driving cars have been a thing for a few years and drasticly lowered the amount of injuries and deaths worried moms and dads will be the ones campaigning for total ban of driving yourself.
>>
>>1060171
DURA ACE WAR NOW
>>
>>1058651
The rest of your country and the world is not the exact same as your own shitty locality. Do well to remember that.
>>
>Yet another autistic thread

Motorists can be assholes. So can cyclists.
>>
>>1060567
But one is an asshole piloting 3 tons at 60mph. Human behavior in this modern age largely defaults to aggressive self service. Knowing this, the responsible thing to do is limit the fallout of your aggression by choosing the least harmful modes of doing things. Cycling is less harmful than driving.
>>
>>1060638
Self steering bikes when?
>>
>>1060117
cancer
>>
>>1060117

cyclists to cars
>SHARE THE ROAD
>REEEEEEE
>the road belongs to everyone

cyclists to anyone else
>GET OFF THE ROAD
>REEEEEEE
>no one belongs on the road that we all pay for except ME
>>
I think OP is salty asshole because he's jelly of the ripped trihard dude in the picture. Stay mad, fatty.
>>
>>1060900
here comes the russian false equivalence bot
>when I murder you it's the same as when you complain that I'm pointing a gun at you, it makes me feel bad too. see? so there are two sides to this argument
>>
>ITT Cagers mad that cyclistss don't gotta worry about the price of gas
>ITT Cagers mad that cyclists don't gotta pay for insurance
>ITT Cagers mad that cyclists don't need a degree in 3 types of engineering to repair or upgrade their transporation
>ITT Cagers mad that they need to sit in the shitty DMV
>ITT Cagers mad that they're gonna lose the ability to have direct control of their driving in another decade or two

>ITT Cagers want everyone else to be as unhappy as they are
>>
>>1058117
I can accelerate to 30 km/h on a bike faster than you can on foot, nigger.
>>
>>1061234
I see you can also accelerate the goalpost.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.