[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>riding bike at night >ride on bike path that's always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: 1488635394751.png (1MB, 1219x1756px) Image search: [Google]
1488635394751.png
1MB, 1219x1756px
>riding bike at night
>ride on bike path that's always empty after dark
>waiting at corner where it crosses a street
>cyclist on road stops and yells at me for not having lights on bike or wearing helmet
What's the matter with cyclists?
>>
Having to dodge ninjas that are only visible once you are three feet away.

Use some fucking lights, dickhead. Chinese blinkies are so fucking cheap there are occasional safety campaigns that will give them away.
>>
You're a nuisance if you dont have lights.
You're practically invisible and you put yourself and others at risk because of it.
>>
>>1055026
>>1055027
I slow down if there's other people which is never because nobody uses it at night.
Should pedestrians also strap lights to themselves?
>>
>>1055029
Joggers actually do wear lights.
It's actually illegal to take a bicycle out at night without lights in a lot of places.
>>
>>1055031
>Joggers actually do wear lights.
Why don't walkers?
It's also illegal to ride without a helmet in some places.
I'm not riding on a road but on an empty lit path.
>>
>>1055032
Doesn't matter if it's a path or a road.
Are you aware when you get injured, or injure someone, you will be held responsible regardless of the circumstances? The law doesnt say they need lights, but it does say you need lights.

You're in the wrong. Quit bitching
>>
>>1055032
>Why don't walkers?
If they're walking on paths then there are street lights for them to see where they're going, and the only thing they have to avoid is other peds. If they're somewhere that doesn't have streetlights then they're going to need a torch to see where they're going.
>>
>>1055029
>Should pedestrians also strap lights to themselves?
No but they should make a habit of wearing lighter clothing at night.

I usually get out of work after dark, there's a road I take where there are no street lights and very little lighting of any kind other than what's coming out of my cage's headlights. The local black population likes to disregard laws and jaywalk in the dark. Most of the time they're wearing dark clothing, when combined with their black skin they just blend into the darkness. They stand very close to the car lanes and often walk slow, sometimes I get worried that I almost hit them.
>>
File: 1431825671221.jpg (42KB, 389x478px) Image search: [Google]
1431825671221.jpg
42KB, 389x478px
>>1055034
>Are you aware when you get injured, or injure someone, you will be held responsible regardless of the circumstances
This isn't true where I live.
I'm not going to injure anyone anyways.

>>1055036
The path is lit in most places and designated for pedestrian and bike usage; even the darkest areas you would not need a torch due to ambient light.

>>1055037
If they're interacting with cars yes, but I only cross streets a couple times at well lit fully signaled intersections and I stop and and walk my bike across.
>>
>>1055038
Where do you live where headlights arent required to use anything with wheels at night?
>>
File: 1454558746817.jpg (70KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1454558746817.jpg
70KB, 400x400px
>>1055039
I may have misread something but I won't hit anything so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>1055041
It does matter. In most places the police would seize your bike and fine you.
You're a burden on the people around you. How fucking cheap are you so that you cant spend 20 dollars on a blinker and a headlight?
>>
>>1055047
I'm not a burden just because I dare to ride an empty path with no light.
>>
>>1055050
Until it's not an empty path one time.
Stop being a cheap fuck or fuck off. Even your crappy walmart bike needs a light
>>
>>1055052
It's a 90s rigid mtb not a walmart bike.
>>
>>1055055
It's gonna get just as scrapped when you get hit with something you cheap ass faggot
>>
>>1055062
What's going to hit me on a path?
>>
>>1055078
It's safer without lights on an empty path because lights makes you stand out for criminals and such.
>>
>>1055082
If you're in the US, then pack a gun and you'll be fine.
>>
>>1055086
Just make sure the gun has a light on it.
>>
>>1055029
Reflectors are enough for walkers though having a light is still recommended. For bikes you should have lights when it's dark outside. And not so you can see where you are going. It's usually possible to ride without lights and still see where you're going unless it's pitch black outside and no lights on the road. You have lights so that other road users can see you.
>>
>>1055037
What do you say when you see your TV set levitate at night?
"Drop it, nigga!"
>>
>>1055125
By walkers I just meant general pedestrians.
>>
Get lights, STFU
>>
>>1055025
Fucking idiot, people like you are why super bright headlights are necessary. Yeah it sucks to blind people who actually did buy lights but the alternative is colliding with morons like you because you're on a stealth bike on an "empty" path
>>
I don't endorse telling people what to do, let alone yelling it at them, but seriously, you should get some lights.
>>
OP's a fucking dumbass
>>
>>1055025
just get a fucking light thicko
>>
>>1055152
It's empty not "empty".
>>
>>1055239
You were on it. That's not empty.
>>
>>1055242
I can't run into myself.
>>
>>1055233
>>1055209
>>1055159
>>1055152
>>1055145
>>1055052
>>1055039
>>1055034
>>1055031
>>1055027
>>1055026

>OP is some idiot loser asshole
>Someone calls him out on his self centered bullshit
>Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahh but I can't afford a $13,95 headlight WAAAAAAAAAHHH my legendary edge friends will point and laugh if they see little LED toys on my FUCKING HARDCORE 90S MTN BIKE BROUGH
FUCK YOU OP
>>
>>1055025
older people have shit nightvision
>>
>>1055255
Stop projecting.
>>
>>1055267
>Projecting
I don't think you know what that word means friend
>>
>>1055025
the lights aren't so you can see ahead of yourself, they're so that others can see YOU.
the helmet is so you survive your inevitable crash to live as a quaddie on a feed tube rather than be granted the sweet release of death because living hell is what you deserve, faggot.
>>
>>1055370
>he's a helmet fag
>>
>>1055026
>having shit-tier night vision
>using 100000000 lumen blinky disco lights aimed up to compensate
>people with functional eyes blinded
fuck you and the bike you rode in on, pal
>>
>>1055099
A lightgun you mean?
>>
>>1055374
>using 100000000 lumen blinky disco lights aimed up to compensate
Why the fuck do roadies point their super bright lights up in the air like total cunts?
I was driving back from my local trail ride and get blinded by a stupid roadie so I flash him a few times then stick my full beams on and blind the cunt and he flips me off. I don't get it. I'm thinking of getting a fucking great big set of fog lights to blind these cunts round my way that insist on being pricks
>>
>>1055395
Not that guy, but I have a german-style light with a vertical cutoff, but depending on conditions (like if there's a hill, or if the person is pretty far away) it can either send the full force of the beam at their face, or at really long distances it looks like it's a killer overpowered light because it's really tightly focused (so up close you wouldn't get blinded)

And yet without fail there's some angsty fred who screams obscenities at me when they get triggered because of a slight hill or the distance condition, whatever.

You can't win with these people, so don't bother spending extra on the StZVO stuff and trying to be "nice". Just get the most powerful headlight possible and use it as a weapon. I mean if I'm gonna get verbal abuse hurled at me when I'm trying to have a nice ride, might as well give them a good reason right?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.