[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mom has a rigid 90s mtn bike. What can I say to her to invest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 20051115_1.jpg (37KB, 400x343px) Image search: [Google]
20051115_1.jpg
37KB, 400x343px
My mom has a rigid 90s mtn bike.

What can I say to her to invest in a real road bike?
>>
>>1055011
I feel sorry for her having to put up with your shit
>>
>>1055012
Actually I'm trying to bond with her. If she had a nice bike we would ride together often.
>>
>>1055015
But a 90s rigid MTB can be a nice bike
How about instead of trying to get her a different bike, you fix up the one she already has?
>>
>>1055018
I could try...
>>
not sure if op is trolling or not....

but to get my mom riding
I took her old unused rigid MTB

put on slick tires
fenders
upright 3spd style 'north roads' city bike bars
cruiser saddle
oh, and don't forget the bell, moms love bells

she rides all the time on that thing now
>>
>>1055046
No troll. She's gonna bring the bike by tomorrow and I'll assess what needs to be done.

Good call on the bell, btw.
>>
Alright, I'm going to fix up the bike she has.

I really want to spray paint it silver and put the word "diamond" somewhere on it. (family name)

Any tips on how to re-finish a flakily painted bike with rust spots?
>>
>>1056200
Treat rust spots with naval jelly
Sand gently but thoroughly
Use self-etching primer for first coat
Allow coating to dry THOROUGHLY before doing anything else
Gently wet-sand with very, very fine sandpaper
Apply thin coat of paint
DRY, DRY, DRY
Repeat previous 3 steps a couple times
???
Profit
>>
Just got the bike. Paint isn't as bad as I thought.
>>
>>1055011
just let your mom ride what she enjoys. road bikes are uncomfortable and not fun for 99% of people. If you can't be nice and ride slow with your mom then you're a terrible son.
>>
>>1056336
No need to be rude anon.
>>
>>1056336
She's quite athletic......
>>
>>1055011
buy some Schwalbe 559 spicer to make it a real road bike.
with the Proven K-guard anti-puncture belt!
>>
>>1056336
>road bikes are uncomfortable
faggot
>>1056408
Pics
>>
>>1056453
>Pics
lol no
>>
She's probably wondering how to get her faggot kid onto a real bike and stop pretending that he's some kind of race hero.
>>
>>1055011
How about "Merry Christmas Mom, here's a new bike" or "Happy Birthday, I got you this bike"
>>
File: Run-Mike-D.jpg (85KB, 575x404px) Image search: [Google]
Run-Mike-D.jpg
85KB, 575x404px
>>1056200
>"diamond" somewhere on it. (family name)

Tell Mike I sez "hi"
>>
>>1056244
>Purchase nice, lightweight set of Panaracer slicks
>ensure that bicycle is fitted properly
>install comfy-but-not-too-squishy saddle
>suggest high-ish drop bar or mustache bar & explain benefits of multiple hand positions
>???
>profit
>>
File: mike-d-.jpg (140KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
mike-d-.jpg
140KB, 1200x630px
>>1057490
The Mike stands for money and the D is for diamonds
>>
File: Beastieboys_checkyourhead.jpg (37KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Beastieboys_checkyourhead.jpg
37KB, 300x300px
>>1057579

\(^∀^)メ(^∀^)ノ

his chrome is shiny, just like an icicle
he rides around town on his lowrider bicycle
>>
File: 17_earthcruiser1_rendering_bl.jpg (24KB, 313x313px) Image search: [Google]
17_earthcruiser1_rendering_bl.jpg
24KB, 313x313px
>>1057490
>>1056200
>word "diamond" somewhere on it. (family name)
>>
>>1057650
lol, forgot about him

>>1056200
OK, so which one are you related to?
>>
>>1057654
Nobody. I actually don't have a family and I don't know a single soul in the whole world.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.