[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be amateur road cyclist >Have girlfriend who goes to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: shadyside-spin.jpg (602KB, 1000x543px) Image search: [Google]
shadyside-spin.jpg
602KB, 1000x543px
>Be amateur road cyclist
>Have girlfriend who goes to the gym and gets an invite a friend for free to go to spin class leaflet.
>Attend girlfriends spin class
>Instantly regret it as the geometry, seat and everything just feels wrong
>The woman who runs it approaches me and condescendingly tells me to not worry if its too hard
>Start
>It's pretty easy, just spinning at 100rpm
>Notice that people are starting to sweat
>Fat cunt in front of me adjusts to get more aero and her g-string rides up
>>
>>1053323
>We get told to adjust the resistance so it is higher and spin at 120rpm
>Constantly have to shift around to get comfortable
>Large fans turn on and blast cool air at me
>Generic billboard top 40's track with a beat plays
>Everyone is acting super serious like wtf nigger we're only riding for 45 minutes
>Get told to adjust the resistance and then stand up
>Feels like I'm riding a fixie and the pedals push me up, annoying as fuck
>Get told to sit down and maintain a cadence of 60rpm
>Keep getting told to stand up and then sit down again
>A few people leave, visibly exhausted
>Have to put resistance down and maintain a cadence of 130 for 2 minutes
>I feel fine lol
>People are wiping themselves down with towels
>It's over.

...Why does anyone do this when they could just ride a bike outside?

It was fun for the experience but damn these people should try climbing actual hills and ride for longer than 45 minutes.
>>
>>1053323
>>1053324
My gym has some spin classes on a projector so I can pick what ones I want to do and when. I dont do them very often but I literally havent had time or decent enough weather to go do a ride in months. I picked one that was called staying power the last time. 35 minutes of them telling you to turn up the resistance and go faster every 2 minutes. They turned down the resistance twice during the class. I will be honest it was tough because I am not in good cardio chape right now.
>>
>>1053324
>these people should try climbing actual hills and ride for longer than 45 minutes.

I live in a shitty city and have literally nowhere to do this
>>
>>1053323
If they're high-end club bikes like in the pic you posted, then you're either really dumb for not taking the time to get it adjusted to fit you correctly, or they're really shitty for not helping you get it set up for you to use safely and effectively. If it's just shitty cheap stationary bikes with no adjustments other than rolling it's huge tractor-like seat forward and back, then it's a pretty shitty 'spin class' to start with and I wouldn't get too upset about it.
>>
>go to spin class
>literally sweat buckets
>towel is already soaked halfway through the class
>like half the people don't even break a sweat
>tfw
I don't know why but I sweat massively when doing any exercise.
>>
>>1053324

Believe it or not, there are people who need to be encouraged by their peers to do absolutely anything.

What they actually want to do is only half of the issue (or less). What's important is social acceptance.
>>
>>1053332
Bro you're a retread. If you had time to drive to the gym and do a35 min class then you had time to do a ride. A 40 min ride on the roads at high intensity Is a great workout
>>
>>1053323
>mfw every time i went to the spinning bikes at my old gym the seats would be slammed and the bars would be way 2 high

what the fuck do people think these are for, reeeee
>>
>>1053332
>haven't had decent enough weather

You really don't get it do you.
>>
>>1053829
>>1053876
>I don't know what real winter is like
>my winters consist of rain and slightly colder weather so that must be the case for everyone
>>
>>1053323
>adjusts to get more aero
But it's a stationary bike!

>>1053324
>People are wiping themselves down with towels
Different bodies work in different ways. I can get fucking drenched after a short jog to the bus with all my gear on and generally sweat like a pig. Don't judge nigga.
Anyway, I tried stationary bike once and couldn't "ride" it for 30 minutes. Shit's exhausting mentally.
And yes, I can stay in the saddle for hours riding around the city no problem. It's just that stationary bullshit makes me feel like in some dystopian sci-fi flick and I hate looking up other people's butts.
>>
>>1053893
Ok, I'll bite. What is "real winter"?

Cold? Get base layers, gloves, overshoes, and a balaclava.

Snow? Studded tires exist, stop blaming other people for your own unwillingness to change a tire.

Unless you're literally in Antarctica or something, winter is the best time to ride.
>>
>>1053915
I literally live on the Arctic. I got all of the items you mentioned. Yes you can ride a bike for transportation through the year, and I do commute with a bike even during winter. However trying to do structured training rides on snowy roads isn't going to work. For those it's going to have to be indoor tracks, trainer or spin classes. Out of those options both the trainer and riding your bike indoors are better options than spin classes but some don't have the options for either one.
>>
>>1053344
That really sucks anon
>>
File: bikeboner.jpg (29KB, 400x587px) Image search: [Google]
bikeboner.jpg
29KB, 400x587px
>Fat cunt in front of me adjusts to get more aero and her g-string rides up
I came
>>
>>1053928
>riding with a g-string
That must be uncomfortable
>>
>>1053930
>he doesn't ride with g-string
>>
>>1053829
no I walked 2 blocks to the gym and also got to stare at cardio bunny asses and also lift for 90 minutes
>>
>>1053876
I get to work in the cold enough as is I dont really want to go ride in it.. whatever, I guess im a pussy for that... really whats killing my time is taking care of my family and all that
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.