[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>lock costs more than bike What's a cheap lock that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1483937677076.jpg (56KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1483937677076.jpg
56KB, 750x750px
>lock costs more than bike
What's a cheap lock that's good enough for my 90s rigid mtb?
We should shoot bike thieves.
>>
A good lock with last you through several bikes.
>>
>>1052696
In any case, a good and cheap lock is the OnGuard Bulldog. Small enough to lock through your downtube, one of the wheels and whatever you're locking the bike to, and not leave much room for something to get in between. It also locks on both sides so it would have to be cut twice. And the U part is covered with a rubber hose so you don't scratch your frame. Been using the same lock for like three years now, good stuff.
>>
>leaving heavy lock at home and just not stopping anywhere
>>
>>1052694
Kryptonite U locks aren't too expensive, I use one to lock up my $150 shitkicker
>>
>>1053212
>>1052700
>>1052699
>>1052696
>>1052694

The real answer: get a shit bike nobody would steal
>>
>>1053213
No need to put yourself through that.
>>
>>1053236
I bought my bike for $25 used. I've easily gotten far more mileage out of that bike than any other one I've used
>>
>>1053213
nigga the meth tweakers that steal bikes got no fuckin' standards at all
>>
>>1052694
Get a shitty 3speed beater
>>
>>1053213
>a shit bike nobody would steal
Does not exist.
>>
related question.

Do all of the abus U locks have alignment locked discs in the cylinder? My last two locks died when one of the discs rotated out of alignment with the others and jammed.
>>
File: skunklock.jpg (70KB, 1221x672px) Image search: [Google]
skunklock.jpg
70KB, 1221x672px
get a skunklock, it explodes with noxious chemicals if someone tries to cut the metal.
>>
>>1053561
why isn't this more common? could also just splash some had o get rid of paint on them like some fire alarms do
>>
>>1053580
Probably illegal in many places.
>>
>>1053580
yes, they're also supposed to ruin clothes
>>
>>1052699
>OnGuard Bulldog.
Can second on that.
>>
>>1053213
>The real answer: get a shit bike nobody would steal
Those don't exist. Tweakers will steal department store bikes.
>>
>>1052699
Confirmed, shot has a Gold certificate in the UK and is way better value than Kryptoshit
>>
I picked up a Kryptonite 12mm u-lock, key cable lock, and carriers set for only $20 at a discount store. I bought it as soon as I saw it, as I was looking for a u-lock on the cheap. Paired with a bike that isn't worth stealing, it should keep the tweakers at bay.
>>
>>1053716
Never had my bike stolen but then again my county is 97% white.
>>
>>1053745
Well yeah, bike theft is proportional to the level of "cultural enrichment"/diversity in an area.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.