[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>cycle to work everyday for the past 3 years >arrive at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170113-014747.png (195KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170113-014747.png
195KB, 1080x1920px
>cycle to work everyday for the past 3 years
>arrive at desk wearing padded cycling shorts, a cycling coat with reflective elements, and cycling top underneath
>"anon, did you cycle in today?"
>next 3 people ask the same

(Pic unrelated)
>>
>>1052164
It's called polite pleasantries, autist.
>>
>That cognitive dissonance when your coworkers hate cyclists, but like you so they end up saying weird things like regularly expressing concerns for your safety since you ride to work.

Must be what its like being the only black guy in an office.
>>
>>1052164
Non-cyclists are generally speaking clueless when it comes to cycling. Even some cyclists are clueless when it comes to cycling. I encounter this all the time, and frankly it drives me a bit nuts.

>"How far did you ride, Anon?"
>Tell them 40 miles
>"How can you do that, that sounds insane! I don't even like driving that far!"
>mfw it's a middling distance and about a third of that was me just getting warmed up
>mfw they don't believe me when I tell them about the 70, 80, 90, 100 mile days
>mfw more than 2 cyclists riding in a group is a 'race' to non-cyclists
>mfw riding more than an hour or so is regarded as 'extreme'
>mfw averaging 20mph or higher for any length of time is regarded as 'extreme'
>mfw riding far or fast gets me accused of being a liar
>mfw your average doctor refers to the training to road race that I do as 'extreme exercise'
>mfw your average doctor thinks I'm 'obsessed with exercise' and half the time offers me an antidepressant
>mfw your average doctor tells me "Anon, you don't need to do such extreme exercise to be healthy, you should just WALK daily for exercise, it's all you really need" (yes, some shit doctor actually said this to me)
>mfw I'm riding in the rain (because I need to put in the miles) and when stopped at a signal someone rolls down their window and asks me if I need a ride somewhere
>mfw I tell them 'no', they don't believe me, keep asking me until the light turns green (this also actually happened to me)
>mfw you're riding in full team kit (the team you're actually on), and someone tells you "you'll never go pro, why are you bothering?" (this also actually happened, more than once. Want to strangle them.)

Face it, OP, everyone else; non-cyclists are just plain clueless about cycling and cyclists in general. You just have to smile, nod, and ignore them. They'll never get it, no matter how much you explain shit to them.
>>
>>1052197
So how did you get so enlightened?
>>
>>1052197
>>1052164
spoiler alert: they're asking a question but don't really care what your answer is.

It's no different than if you ask ¿what's up? or ¿how are you today? without literally inviting that person to tell you about the state of their soul.
>>
>>1052221
Except when they keep pushing the topic when you tell them you just rode through the slight snowing they referred to as blizzard. Or how they can't understand why you took a 2 week vacation for the sole purpose of riding a bike. Especially when you tell them you went specifically to a place with large mountains so you can ride up them.

I have noticed a distinct drop in inquiries about my method of commuting after the new year began though. Might be resolutionfags feeling bad about not getting anything done so they don't want to be reminded that someone is doing what they promised themselves they'd do.
>>
>>1052197
>>mfw you're riding in full team kit (the team you're actually on), and someone tells you "you'll never go pro, why are you bothering?"
What the fuck, who said that to you? What a shitty thing to say.
>>
>>1052237
>Coworkers are nice and are interested that OP bikes to work
>He fatshames them
>>
>>1052237
How is that different from a nigger or a chad showing his muscles by wearing a wife-beater?

It's because of narcissists like you that people hate cyclists.
>>
>>1052183
It's even worse when you ride a motorcycle, it seems like everyone knows someone or read about someone getting killed in a motorcycle accident that they absolutely have to tell you about
>>
>>1052166
I'm actually not an autist
>>
>>1052280
Yes, but to be fair, motorcyclists are more likely to die than we are. Be kind to them xD
>>
>>1052272
>>1052279
Where did I imply that I was trying to show off or fatshame them? I'd prefer if they didn't talk to me outside of work related stuff since I'm a fucking aspie and the whole socializing with others isn't really my thing. However if they ask me about bikes or cycling I'll more than happily talk with them about it. I've also learned that commenting about the weight of other people is something I'm not supposed to do because they seem to usually take it as an insult even if I don't mean it as one.
>>
>>1052284

>That comment about weight

What an autist
>>
>>1052286
I literally said I'm an aspie earlier in the comment.
>>
>>1052284
a tip when discussing hobbies with people, especially athletic hobbies, is that even if you downplay it as much as possible, people sometimes still behave like you're showing off, even if you aren't

you have to remember that for most people, going on a 10 minute walk to the convenience store is the most excersize they get in a week, so just the idea that someone can do something active without being some kind of super human is hard for them to grasp
>>
File: DSCN4230.jpg (744KB, 2818x1637px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4230.jpg
744KB, 2818x1637px
>>1052330
>downplay it as much as possible
,,howabout,, SPICE it UP!, exajurate, LIE,, the fud of Dogs!,, with chocolate.
,all the while pointing out how THEY would look so cool,, Dogstylen., Invite them OUT> you have the tools,, dontell me, you, DONT!
,true test of your "skill', sheeperding.
>>
>>1052197
Where do you live? Fatville, USA? I'm american/canadian and I've never had most of this happen to me. Mostly people are just pretty impressed when they ask how far I rode and I say "a 3/4 hour ride".

You did say you're an aspie though, so I'll let it slide. also, >mfw no face
>>
>>1052197
>>mfw your average doctor refers to the training to road race that I do as 'extreme exercise'
>>mfw your average doctor thinks I'm 'obsessed with exercise' and half the time offers me an antidepressant
>>mfw your average doctor tells me "Anon, you don't need to do such extreme exercise to be healthy, you should just WALK daily for exercise, it's all you really need" (yes, some shit doctor actually said this to me)

>things that never happened
>trying this much

"Why don't people recognize how much a hero I am?"

lol
>>
>>1052412
LOL in the 10 years that I've had road bikes and the 8 years I've been road racing every single one of those things happened. Just because you lead a boring, average, unremarkable life doesn't mean everyone else does, too. Try doing more than riding around on the sidewalk in your suburban cul-de-sac and maybe you'll have something non-boring and worth talking about happen to you.

>>1052360
Also, samefagging is very Last Thursday, and by the way you're terrible at it -- or are you just so angry that you're making rookie mistakes? LOL
>>
>>1052282
Just stating that puts you on the spectrum, sorry.
>>
>>1052197
ahh yes the man who knows more about the human body than a doctor because he happens to ride a bike
>>
>>1052284
>since I'm a fucking aspie
what a surprise
>>
>>1052526
>I always DO AS I AM TOLD WITHOUT QUESTION because I'm scared of the big bad Doctor, he might yell at me!
LOL

Health and fitness aren't difficult to figure out (for some of us, apparently), and everyone I've ever mentioned that 'doctor' to has agreed that he was a shit-tier doctor giving bad advice. If I'd've listened to bullshit like that I would be fat and diseased right now, instead of being lean, strong, fast, and rediculously healthy. Do yourself a favor and try a little critical thinking (or at least some thinking for yourself) instead of accepting that everyone addressed as 'doctor' knows what the fuck they're doing.
>>
not even bothering reading this autistic rant

anyone who thinks they know more than an expert in the field is deluded
>>
>>1052197
>>mfw your average doctor thinks I'm 'obsessed with exercise' and half the time offers me an antidepressant
That's hilarious however hard to believe.
>>
>>1052284
>I'm a fucking aspie
Figures.
>>
>>1052744
Goog goy
>>
>>1052749
I'm pretty sure "your average doctor" won't prescribe anti-depressants either
>>
>>1052197
you sound like an asparagus and also fucking insufferable
>>
>>1052749
>>1052777
You'd be wrong

>>1052865
You're a cunt and you're probably fat
>>
>>1052744
>medical doctors
>'expert in the field'
LOL I'm not sure if you're naive or ignorant, or just both. You really think every single doctor graduates at the top of their class? LOL no, maybe 1 in 1000 doctors aren't shit-tier, the rest are varying degrees of incompetent in one way or another, and maybe 1 in 10000 have any sort of sports medicine background or even begin to understand athletes and what is and is not appropriate for them to be doing. Your average doctor will tell you to do what is SAFEST because they don't want to get sued for malpractice. If an athlete only ever went to your average-tier doctor they'd end up not being athletes anymore because the doctor would talk them out of all that 'extreme exercise' they're doing, on the premise that 'they'll just get injured'.

Believe what you want. Enjoy your average, uninteresting life and mediocre health, and being prescribed a bunch of pills and shit you don't really need.
>>
>>1052197
>riding in full team kit
Oh, you're one of those people. Are you actually a professional racer or is it just like airsoft where people join a local team and dress up like real soldiers to play?
>>
>>1053363
Who cares?
>>
File: 1466392607696.png (17KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1466392607696.png
17KB, 370x370px
>>1053376
that guy clearly does. probably an inferiority complex. sad!
>>
>>1053298
anyone who completes a degree in medicine is objectively an expert in the field
>sports medicine background
you're fucking deluded
> Your average doctor will tell you to do what is SAFEST because they don't want to get sued for malpractice
objectively incorrect, doctors are given a very, very wide degree of freedom in treatment. If enough doctors recognise treatment as being reasonable under the circumstances then they're legally immune
>because the doctor would talk them out of all that 'extreme exercise' they're doing, on the premise that 'they'll just get injured'.
because they would, it's an objective fact.
are YOU an elite athlete? Are YOU riding professionally in major competitions around the globe?
>>
>>1052354
wow this is a high quality shitpost Bacon
>>
>>1052526
Most western doctors in my experience are thoroughly and completely brainwashed into only prescribing 4 things.

1. Synthetic Xoloseft© which only helps symptoms and not root causes. (Also possible side effect of death).
2. Antibiotics
3. Psychiatric medicine
4. Surgery

They don't ask you what to eat, they never get to really know you or your habits, they are socially awkward and want to make their jobs easy by doing one of the four things I just listed.
>>
>>1052412
>>1052491
Stop complaining and switch doctors

Unless you live in bumfuck nowhere there should be a sports medicine person in your insurance provider's directory, just go on the website, plug in the codes, and you're done

I went from being told "that's a lot of exercise, you should cut back" to "I understand, it's probably your (doctor technobabble goes here) you may want to consider getting shims or wedges"

Because my old doctor was a fat fuck 60something family medicine and pediatrics guy, and my new doctor is like 40something triathlete
>>
>>1053595
>Most western doctors
not even going to bother reading any more of this drivel
>>
>>1053630
t. pseudointellectual

You're the kind of guy who would have scorned Galileo for not just going with the consensus
>>
>>1052284
>I've also learned that commenting about the weight of other people is something I'm not supposed to do because they seem to usually take it as an insult even if I don't mean it as one.
Is that something you didn't learn until you were an adult? Oh boy...
>>
>>1052777
I don't know about you or that other anon, but my doctor is pretty quick to shill antidepressants if I let it be known that I'm feeling a bit down.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.