[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are trikes for old people, women who can't ride a bike and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 13

Are trikes for old people, women who can't ride a bike and special needs people?

Will I be seen as retarded if I was caught riding one of these babies to the nearest dollar store?
>>
>>1051101
no. that would be an insult to retards.
>>
>>1051101
>implying you're smarter than a retard
>>
>>1051101

is it weird to want a less agile bike? yes

should you give a fuck? no
>>
We're living in an age where being uncool is cool, so just wear some pajamas to the store and you're set.
>>
>>1051101
From time to time on a local trail I see a guy on one of those with a 'bike' like that walking two or three dogs. Seems to work well for him.
>>
>>1051101
Can you go up hills with this?
Also do trikes have a differential ?
>>
File: 1487610571176.jpg (1MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1487610571176.jpg
1MB, 2000x1333px
I would consider a trike if I had to bring a TON of shit with me. But it's not agile enough for the terrain here, what with dodging traffic, climbing medians and entirely off-road portions. So probably not. This is still my favorite bike I've seen here.

>Women
Triggered.
>>
>>1051215
aside from traction, are fat tires really more comfortable on rough terrain than say 2.35"/60mm wide tires?
>>
>>1051219
I don't know because I haven't owned a cat bike personally, and my dream bike would have tires a bit smaller than that anyways.
>>
>>1051219
On a rigid frame? Yeah, a 4" fatty is going to be a lot cushier than a 2.35". But it's less about comfort and more about that a fat tire can easily tackle sand and mud that would be difficult or unrideable on a 2.35". It's all about ground pressure when you're on soft surfaces.
>>
>>1051215
I wish they made this with a split stay for belt drive
>>
File: shotgun.jpg (13KB, 186x291px) Image search: [Google]
shotgun.jpg
13KB, 186x291px
>>1051215
dat rusty chain
>>
>>1051275
You can get belt drive rholoffs
>>
>>1051434
Yes, which it's why it's so unfortunate that the Tumbleweed >>1051215 (which is expressly designed around using a Rholoff) doesn't have a split stay to install a belt.
>>
>>1051435
Do they make belt tensioners like they make chain tensioners?
>>
File: idler_sprocket.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
idler_sprocket.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>1051438
>types "gates belt tensioner bike" into Google image search
Survey says yes

But that doesn't help you if you can't install a belt in the first place.

(Tumbleweed already has an eccentric BB, so no other tensioning devices needed)
>>
>>1051328
>dat dusty chain
ftfy
>>
>>1051435
>doesn't have split stay
>"unfortunate"
nah
>>
At the price the tumbleweed frame is going, you might as well get a custom frame with the split stays if you wanted it could come around to about the same price.
>>
>>1051435
Split dropout seems like a much more elegant design.
>>
>>1051570
That's a fair point, $1450 is pretty exorbitant for a Taiwanese factory-made frame. Especially when you can get a Crust Scapegoat for $825.
>>
File: 18910-004-7F8BCBE7.jpg (50KB, 456x300px) Image search: [Google]
18910-004-7F8BCBE7.jpg
50KB, 456x300px
>>1051612
>Crust Scapegoat
you rode your godless satanic bike into the wrong christian image board, heathen
>>
>>1051213
>Also do trikes have a differential ?
No, the drive is to one of the rears. Weird when you turn super sharp but otherwise fine.
>>
I want to hitch a cargo trike with a trailer for maximum moving potential. Fair warning though it;s a pain in the fucking arse because you have to ride like you're a car so no sneaky pavement hopping to skip a one-way road and things like that.
>>
>>1051213
>>1052956
That's true, you can feel it loose traction if the drive wheel goes over a dip. As for hills, super low gear. People will shout at you to switch to a higher gear, but if you stop on a hill and you're in too high a gear you're fucked. Even happens to me on flats on the rick if I forget to gear down when I stop.
>>
File: DSC08447.jpg (3MB, 3408x2272px) Image search: [Google]
DSC08447.jpg
3MB, 3408x2272px
The turning circle on them is fantastic though.
>>
File: Babboe-City.jpg (62KB, 1015x600px) Image search: [Google]
Babboe-City.jpg
62KB, 1015x600px
>>1051101
When I was little there was an old lady who used to ride one around the neighborhood.
Personally if I needed to carry groceries I'd go for something like this.
>>
>>1052956
If I tried to build a trike, I'd try to drive each rear wheel through its own freewheel- a diff would be overkill since you don't expect a reverse gear in a trike anyway.

I suppose that'd introduce a slight complication in that each rear wheel would need its own brake, though.

This build uses a diff (allegedly). Not a fan of the beach cruiser look but it's a neat trike
https://youtu.be/a2TFR5nYPkQ
>>
>>1051101
not worth the added expense and maintenance fro what you get out of the extra utility of being able to haul a bigger load

get pic related
>>
>>1051219
Yes, god yes.

4" fat tires are like riding on clouds (and even more so when combined with suspension systems), I zip around on gravel roads and across groundhog pockmarked fields, and I would never go back to a thin tire.

Even in the city, I would suspect that a fat tire would even help with your curbs and hobo blockades.

Even when aired up to the tires maximum recommended air pressure, they're still a smoother ride than a thin wall.

However, if you get one, make sure it has a wide selection of gears, as they take way more effort to get spinning as you are rotating more mass, conversely it's like a big flywheel, so once you are at speed.. you are at speed, no "sudden stopping" allowed unless you have really good disk brakes.
>>
File: PRC-Canada.jpg (172KB, 956x593px) Image search: [Google]
PRC-Canada.jpg
172KB, 956x593px
>>1055156
... a bike-wheelbarrow.

If they came in a 4" fat tire model, I'd eat that up in a heartbeat.
>>
File: myride.jpg (89KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
myride.jpg
89KB, 960x540px
Bumping before this 404s. I've got a recumbent trike as well as the the type pictured in OP's main photo. I am a fat dude, so I got the occasional pitying looks when I would ride the standard trike. But when I ride my recumbent trike, everyone wants me to stop so they can look at it, ask questions, etc. Have had a few people try it and decide they want to buy one themselves. I deck it out with all kinds of lighting, so it's super visible at night.

As far as riding it, holy hell, it is a blast. Having support for your back and a comfortable seat takes the unpleasantness out of riding. I try to ride every night or early morning before my son wakes up. I wish I'd taken the plunge YEARS ago.
>>
>>1051101
yes
>>
File: DSCN4158.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4158.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
CUBED
,,,,,Ride HARD!! Pushthu it!,, pansy, wateris for later,, itsall about conditioning,,, for desertravel!!
,, withot weather focus in valley!! Spring,be, SPRUNG,,,its like a dream,, a fogggy,, greentinged, vision of,,memory,,,,,, error,,,,,, BEEP, forgel,,,zzzxlt,,zzzZA{P!!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cold metal bars confine with precision, electric wirrring as the machine climbs into the shuttle craft , crawling in like a 500 pound spider, feeling for its lockdowns. CLICK!.
THE VOICES. I know this language,,,,,,,, BORG!
,even before we get to Cube they begin inserting implants, hoses burbling with mind control fluid, overlayers of wires applied like an octopus with 20 arms.
enter the Cube.
now the REAL personal invasion, unknown pulsing machines, softly humming machines, hoses in every orifice to control all bodily functions.
after a full fitting, transport to holding zone.
mind now ingrained with the Hive, all routines coordinated, timed, recorded and evaluated.
I am, 1 of 4chan.
>>
File: DSCN4156 (2).jpg (893KB, 2741x1488px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4156 (2).jpg
893KB, 2741x1488px
BREAKOUT!,,, Preistsquash!, sworn enemys of processed sugars,,,SAVEME!!!!
, overlord negotiations, Set, Me, Free!,,
extraction from the Cube is not easy,,, they cherish their prey.
,just a reminder, drink lotsa
water,, or the Borg,, willget you.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.