[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's a deal on my local CL for a Windsor Wellington 2.0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 00C0C_bTm7VSHU12A_1200x900.jpg (102KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
00C0C_bTm7VSHU12A_1200x900.jpg
102KB, 1200x720px
There's a deal on my local CL for a Windsor Wellington 2.0 with the following specs:

Frame: Kinesis 6061 Series Multi-Shaped Aluminum, Aero-Shaped Stays, 2xH2O mounts, replaceable rear derailleur hanger, rear rack braze-ons
Fork / Headset: DuraForte TaperBlade CroMoly / VP-H692W STEEL BLACK
Crankset: Triple LSC 30T/42T/52T x170MM ALLOY BLACK
Bottom Bracket: VP-BC73 CARTRIDGE
Pedals: VP-349A ALLOY SILVER BODY& BLACK CAGE W/CPSC REFLECTOR
Front Derailleur: SHIMANO FD-A073 DOWN PULL
Rear Derailleur: SHIMANO RD-A070D BLACK
Shifters: SHIMANO SL-A050 21-SP (21 gears total)
Cassette/Freewheel: SHIMANO MF-TZ21 14-28T-7spd (21 gears total)
Chain: KMC Z-51 STEEL BR/BR
Hubs: Forged aluminum (black finish) with Quick Release
Spokes: Stainless Steel
Rims DA14 700x14Gx36H DOUBLE WALL ALLOY BLACK W/CNC SIDE WALL
Tires Kenda 700C BLACKwall High pressure road, presta valve tubes
Brakes: Aluminum dual pivot black finish
Brake Levers: ALLOY BLACK LEVER W/BLACK RUBBER hoods
Handlebar: Aluminum alloy black 420MM
Stem Aluminum alloy quill EXT: 110MM
Tape/Grip: Black cork
Saddle: Comfort Groove
Seat Post: Aluminum alloy Micro Adjust 27.2x300mm
Seat Clamp: Machined Aluminum Alloy with bolt

He's selling it for $200.

Should I get it? My last bike broke down.

It was from Walmart.

Basically I just want a good beginners road bike. What do you think top speed on this thing would be?
>>
Haters gonna hate on the cheap drivetrain, but I wouldn't worry. Tires and brakes might be pretty bad, but easy to upgrade if they suck too much.

Top speed will be the same as any other road bike that has the same riding position. Unless you are olympic sprinter and run out of gears, which seems unlikely...

What do you want use it for? I wouldn't race on it, but for just riding around it will be fine.

Now move into /bbg/
>>
>>1050857
So with my shit walmart mountain bike(https://www.walmart.com/ip/26-Schwinn-Sidewinder-Men-s-Mountain-Bike-Matte-Black-Green/26999374),
I put road tires on it, and I basically just rode the shit out of it for an hour everyday. I like to try to see how fast and hard I can push myself. It's great fun. Endurance training is a lot of fun. It also helps keep my T1 Diabeetus in check.

But, the fucking gears began to break down, the fucking rear axle broke, twice, consecutively after repairing it(I dumped $80 into fixing this fucker), and then the brake cables gave way.

I owned it for only 6 months. Never wrecked.

It was very heavy, and I could only reach 14 miles per hour at a leisurely pace, not pushing myself, and pushing myself I could maybe top it up to 22 mph, 26 down hill.

One time though I reached 30 MPH going down hill so :/

Basically I want a bike that is better in every way than this shit. Will the one in the OP suffice? Will it be faster and perform better than that fucking garbage I owned?
>>
>>1050861
it is going to be much of the same, in different packaging.

you could pick up an old ten speed road bike, which would be nicer all around, for $200 on craigslist.
>>
>>1050865
God damn.
Well, there's this one too >>1050191 but it's 2 hours away, as opposed to the one in the OP which is 10 minutes from my house.

should I just go with the Raleigh?
>>
>>1050861
It might be better quality and better suited for your riding, but don't expect huge speed increase...
You'll see a bigger difference by lowering your handlebars and bending your elbows to get lower on the bike.

Just don't be disappointed if you don't go much faster.
>>
>>1050879
fug.
So what do you think about this >>1050871
I'm fucking on the fence here. I don't know if I should get the 1980s Raleigh or this Windsor. Is there a big difference here? Will the results be the same in terms of speed?

And you know, speaking of speed, I just want something easy to fucking ride. It hurt the FUCK out of my legs and knees to ride the mountain bike. Didn't matter what gear or what seat position. It fucking hurt to maintain anything over 18 mph.
>>
>>1050880
I don't have anything useful to add about those specific bikes, I guess either is fine if they are in working condition.

I'm just saying you might be expecting a bit more speed than realistic. Unless you buy a bike with a motor you won't see anything dramatic. It is normal to struggle maintaining high speeds if you haven't trained for years.
Your knees shouldn't hurt tho. This would imply a fit issue.

As a wild guess you might see 1-3mph more depending on how terrible the current situation is.

Source: I've been through many bikes in the last few years from 150€ mtb to road racers. Mostly the bikes go as fast as you pedal them. Biggest difference is the riding position and tires.
Unless you have some horrible suspension that sucks your energy.
>>
>>1050883
>I'm just saying you might be expecting a bit more speed than realistic

Without more details and making some reasonable assumptions about the bikes, I would have to disagree. Going from a BSO on knobbies to a low-end road bike with slicks, he could easily expect another 5mph sustained speed. I see about a 3mph increase going from studded tires to gatorskins in the spring, and I ride with double sided panniers which start to really drag above 15mph.

Those tires on the Windsor look like dogshit but I bet they're still a big jump over whatever he's riding on now and can't be much worse in rolling resistance than gatorskins.
>>
>>1050885
He did say he already has road tires, so the easy gains are already done.

Interesting that you notice such abic difference between studs and gators. Between my studs and kenda road tires it wasn't that dramatic. As far as I know gators are as slow as slicks can be..
>>
>>1050887
Well the be fair, the road tires were put on a mountain bike that was heavy as shit and walmart tier.
>>
>>1050855
A hollow axle paired with a freewheel is a recipe for broken/bent axles.
I'd skip this one
>>
Those shifters are awful, OP.
>>
>>1050921
how tho

>>1050910
With respect, where do you see hollow axle?
>>
So is Windsor like just knock-off Chinese-made old Raleighs?
>>
>>1050924
It's a QR hub rather than nutted, therefor the axle is hollow for the QR skewer.
>>
>>1050924
The levers are too weak, takes strength to shift down but the lightest breeze will shift you up all the way to your heaviest cog
Plus due to their shape and position you often knock your knees against them when standing up on the pedals
>>
>>1050940
Had me until this
>Plus due to their shape and position you often knock your knees against them when standing up on the pedals
You don't know my height.
Did you buy this bike and your stubby manlet legs didn't fit or something?
>>
>>1050969
Sure, whatever
>>
>>1050926
i think it's a bikesdirect model
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.