[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >be femanon >riding my rigid 90s steel mountain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: fred.jpg (155KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
fred.jpg
155KB, 612x612px
>be me
>be femanon
>riding my rigid 90s steel mountain bike
>dressed casually, no cycling specific clothes (unless a helmet counts)
>on a paved bike path
>enjoying the nice spring weather
>begin to come up on someone from behind
>a fat guy
>wearing full cycling kit
>including Air Attack helmet
>on an S-Works road bike
>he hears me approaching and looks back
>he quickly looks forward and starts pedaling as hard as he can
>I'm keeping pace with him without even trying
>he keeps looking back at me
>literally every 5 seconds he looks back
>looks visibly distressed, as if afraid that he is going to be passed by a girl on a mountain bike
>he keeps looking back every 5 seconds or so and this goes on for several minutes
>we get to a climb
>he slows down to an excruciatingly slow pace so I pass him immediately
>when I get to the top of the hill I look back out of curiosity, he is only a third of the way up at best
>a few minutes later, stop at one of my favorite rest stops, a nice park overlooking a lake
>about ten minutes later, fat guy passes by
>stares at me as he passes
>a few minutes later, get back on my bike and resume my ride
>not long before I've caught up to fatty again
>he looks back and sees me
>he immediately stops, gets off his bike, turns it upside down, and starts spinning the wheel as if inspecting it
>clearly pretending to have mechanical issues to justify stopping, when really he just doesn't want to be passed by a girl on a mountain bike
>ask him if he is okay or needs help with his bike
>"yes I'm fine thanx. just having a bit of a rest"
Pic related, looks almost exactly like him.
>>
Didn't we have this exact thread 12-18 months ago?
>>
Fred general thread is born.
>>
stop
>>
Do freds ride in the city or are they more of a suburban type folk?
>>
Is the Rock Island thread from 2015 still up?
>>
>>1047502
I've seen this exact copy-pasta with the same image on /n/ at least three times.
>>
>>1047500
I barely come to /n/, and even I have seen this pasta before.
>>
>>1047500
>2017
>still posting the same tired-out, old, busted copypasta from Last Thursday
Just fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>1047518
They live in middle class suburbs but they drive to the city with their bike to ride on the trails around the lakes in the inner city. At least that's my guess.
>>
FREDS
R
E
D
S
>>
File: single chainring race face.jpg (156KB, 895x676px) Image search: [Google]
single chainring race face.jpg
156KB, 895x676px
I have a Claris 8 speed drivetrain with the FSA tempo compact crankset that came on my bike. But I don't even use the small ring anymore and I want to do a 1x conversion. Will my rear derailleur work with a simple 1x (~50t) chainring?

t. Fred.
>>
>>1048859
Stop mashing, freddie
>>
>>1048864
But it feels so good
Why not sprint everywhere?
>>
>>1047518
NYC has urban freds, they do park laps during the week and ride upstate on the weekends
>>
>>1048866
It's not efficient and your knees don't appreciate it
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
I've seen these same replies to this pasta at least twice now.
>>
I can hit about 40 mph with a 53x11 on the flats with my road bike. I can hold this for a few miles before I burn out. I always end up running out of gearing with a 46t when in route to the trails.. I understand you think you are some eilte rider that 'knows' everything about biking but I think you are just weak as fuck.
>>
File: 20170120_142756.jpg (37KB, 443x640px) Image search: [Google]
20170120_142756.jpg
37KB, 443x640px
Hey Faggots,
My name is Sheldon, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at 90s rigid MTBs with slicks. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever ridden a classic 10 speed? I mean, I guess it’s fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to triathlon bikes.
Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I was captain of the cyclocross team, and starter on my road racing team. What sports do you race in, other than “jack off to trains and ugly shit mountain bikes”? I also get straight wheels, and have a banging hot bike I just rode it; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It’s me and my bike
>>
>>1049675
Yeah true
>>
File: jjjlol.jpg (28KB, 801x534px) Image search: [Google]
jjjlol.jpg
28KB, 801x534px
>>1049676
>This is even worse than jerking off to triathlon bikes.
>>
>>1048859

The answer to your question is probably yes but it will be complicated.

But just came in to say how much the FSA Tempo fucking sucks. Youd get a stiffer chainset if you made it out of willow branches.
>>
>>1051113
No shit dude, it's a stock chainset. Probably even worse than the Claris crankset.
>>
>>1051139
Well the cheaper FSA cranksets are notorious for being absolute shit. I've personally broken two Omega cranks on normal riding.
>>
>>1051146
Are you surprised then, that I want to replace it? 1x or not.
>>
File: 80548f9aaf768c4ba31b2f61fe6b06c0.jpg (298KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
80548f9aaf768c4ba31b2f61fe6b06c0.jpg
298KB, 1024x768px
>>1049676
Hey faggots. Its the real SHELDON - well for real my name is John, it seems like youre even too retarded to see the difference.

It seems like you keep reposting my image the whole time, you're even editing my text and photo. Do you think I care? Youre just miserable - it's just like I said. By doing this you try to hide your own problems. Fuckin HUGE problems

Well, my life keeps getting better and better. I just dropped my bike: it's just a piece of shit that my best friend crashed (well, I still wouldnt have bought a new one otherwise). Also I keep BIG PIMPIN, just got a new fuckin spendy bike (a Rivendell) and changed my style - calling it BLUE STEEL. And you? I guess the best thing you did in the last month was masturbatin to some trains or 90s rigid MTBs or sick shit like that; well Ill meet two girls tonight and plan to go touring with both of them.

So, do the world a favor and kill yourself before youll rape a person for real. You make me sick.

Pic related: its me and my bike
>>
>>1051146
good for you fatass
>>
>>1051980
>tfw you'll never rock tires so fabulous
>>
File: sad mike.jpg (54KB, 540x472px) Image search: [Google]
sad mike.jpg
54KB, 540x472px
>>1049676
>>1051980
I miss Captain Bicycle.
>>
File: fred king.jpg (1MB, 1440x1800px) Image search: [Google]
fred king.jpg
1MB, 1440x1800px
>>1049676
>>1051980
>dat hippie again

Im buying a disc braked aero carbon road bike with 2x12 just so Im not associated with those self satisfied asswipes

t. steel is reel retrogrudge
>>
>>1051980
> frame too small
Sheldon, NOOOOO!
>>
>>1052177
>long pants
>sandals

I will never understand.
>>
>>1052531
You're trying to give Sheldon Brown (RIP In Peace) advice?
>>
>>1052177
>>1052537
>trendy plaid
>front rack with extra plaid
>giant saddlebag that bulges with even more plaid
>stack of spacers on a threaded headset
>superfluous double toptube
>color matched protector on kickstand
>sun visor
Mr. Peterson reeks of desperation to stay cool and trendy, which is sad because Bridgestone bikes under his watch were great because they were well made and spec'd bikes, but Rivendell is just a fashion brand.
>>
File: 54ee309ca1ab1.jpg (72KB, 670x502px) Image search: [Google]
54ee309ca1ab1.jpg
72KB, 670x502px
You think your funny? Real funny faggots. you think this is a joke?

yea making fun of me is so funny, so funny i forgot to laugh. I'm tired of getting dogged on by you faggots all the time whenever i use a bike with disc brakes. If you wanna talk like that to me why don't you come here and say it to me face so i can answer your insults with a swift disc brake rotor to the leg. yea you have a lot to say from hundreds of miles away but i bet if my brakes were in reach of your body you would be like a tv on mute with no volume button So do yourself a favor and keep your mouth shut unless you want to die. Next time you think about saying something like that to me I want you to remember one thing. I know the guy that created google maps and I can locate you in the time it took me to type this.Don't want anymore problems....didn't think so faggots. You have any idea what disc brakes are.? I do, I was on the Sky cycling team and I perfected them. I'm fully capable of using them on you motherfuckers. Do you know the dander your in if I find you? I am 100$ serious. Bunch of god damn newfaf loser here and I will not have it. At least I've had sponsorships, won races, and gotten paid, and promoted Shimano products unlike you virgin pieces of unpatriotic SHIT. Pic related: I'm on the bike on the right. Don't fuck w/ me.
>>
>>1052606
What? WHAT WAS THAT? Sorry I must have misheard, I thought I heard a giant fred mouthing off at me with something he sure as fuck could never back up, but it must have just been my imagination. Because after I imagined hearing that, I proceeded to imagine how good it would feel to bend that persons brake rotor into a potato chip. I imagined how my next step is usually to rip off one of the persons brake hoses and jab it straight through their nose into their brain cavity. I imagined pulling that hose back out, and then brainfucking that dead fred through the new massive hole in his face I created.

But I didn't really hear anything, right? no one would be fucking dumb enough to talk to me like that on here.
>>
At least he was trying
>>
>>1052531
srs: how is that frame too small?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.