[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why the fuck does no one sell large messenger bags anymore i'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

why the fuck does no one sell large messenger bags anymore i'm talking 50L+ IE timbuk2 XL chrome berlin pro etc all I can find is backpacks which I fucking loath

am I srsly going to have to /diy/ it and sew something up myself?
>>
>>1046638
Legit, sling mess bags are dead homie, they'll meme back in a couple years but for now it's the http://www.vesselworkshop.com/backpacks/roll-top-courier-pack backpack meme
>>
>>1046644
>from $350

so you just grab your ankles and walk in backwards, or what?
>>
>>1046667
this is why im mad timbuk2 no longer sells the XL you could cope them for 80-90$ in black
>>
File: f2303.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
f2303.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1046644
pretty much this

i grabbed ortliebs messenger bag and its way better than any sling style bag. Carries more and stays in place a lot better
>>
>>1046644
damn, fell for the meme then.

still getting used to packing my shit up differently
>>
>>1046681
>Carries more and stays in place a lot better
but the point of the sling bag was you didn't have to take it on and off one hundred times per day to make your deliveries and get your manifest signed. you could sling it forward and back to get your shit without taking it off, including when you were riding the bike.

the reason they're phased out is probably the market: there's almost no real messengers anymore now that most filing is done electronically--at least compared to the 70s-2000. meanwhile the hipster market has exploded. companies have to suit the needs of the market or perish.
>>
>>1046860
inb4
GAS THE HIPSTERS
CLASS WAR NOW
>>
>>1046667
This wins the thread!
>>
File: Bud_Light_Cooler_Bag_Blue2_LG.jpg (210KB, 1001x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Bud_Light_Cooler_Bag_Blue2_LG.jpg
210KB, 1001x1000px
so since we're on the topic of bags.

could I use a bear cooler bag such as in my pic and fasten it to my pizza rack for a cheap randobag ?
>>
>>1047143
No, it's forbidden.
>>
File: bear-cooler-camping.jpg (46KB, 405x304px) Image search: [Google]
bear-cooler-camping.jpg
46KB, 405x304px
>>1047143
>bear cooler
>>
>>1047165
damn

and
>>1047172
damn
>>
Trash bags from MN
>>
>>1046638
YNOT has a single mongoose left, probably gonna be the last one ever made. Judging from their recent habits they'll swap it out for a backpack with a 200% price increase when they run out of stock.
http://www.ynotmade.com/en/shop/mongoose/?sku=4841

>>1047189
This too.
>>
>>1046638
Contact nick from vessel workshop. He makes loads of custom bags. Or try here
https://trashmessengerbags.com/#/custom/7ob42/item. Trash makes super nice bags also
>>
>>1047294
fuck that I know how to sow proper been fucking around with a costco totbag and some other stuff 50$ will buy some ebin fabric figuring out the pattern and sizing is the only issue

besides if I wanted custom PAC makes epic bag here in montreal granted they cost an arm and a leg
>>
>>1047189
ah what I'm fooling around with would be the same size as the superfund but what gives these and the ynotmade bags don't have an X strap system and the harnesses in general look like flimsy shit
>>
Kekle. You morons actually think messbags are better. Just get a large riding backpack instead. Some companies make 60+ litre ones. Messbags are worse in literally every aspect except for ease of access.
>>
>>1046638
Here you go OP:
https://trashmessengerbags.com/#/catalogue/bags

But as someone who owned various types of bags from various known brands like Chrome, Mission Workshop, Timbuk2 etc. I have to say that messenger bags are shit when it comes to carrying allot of weight. I still use one daily, but I only do that because I don't carry much in it.
For carrying allot of stuff I use my Mission Workshop Vandal with expands up to 65L and I could carry my whole family in it and still be comfortable.
>>
File: 440px-FreitagBag.jpg (33KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
440px-FreitagBag.jpg
33KB, 440x330px
>>1046638
https://www.freitag.ch/en/f13?productID=140957
Here you go, made out of waterproof, recycled truck tarp and each one is unique. Kinda expensive though
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.