[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ICE 3 >inspired by the Shinkansens, pretty much an airliner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

>ICE 3
>inspired by the Shinkansens, pretty much an airliner on wheels, easily one of the coolest TGVs ever made, still looks absurdly futuristic after almost two decades

>ICE 4
>jesus christ who fucking cares anymore lets just make a shitty slanted front that looks like a raped ICE 2 and call it a day fuck off

How could they fuck up this bad, /n/?
>>
>>1046240

ICE 4 is fugly alright.
>>
is it only a test drive or it is on a scheduled ride
>>
>>1046240
>ICE3
>inspired by the Shinkansens
>one of the coolest TGVs

You have no idea what you're talking about
>>
I like this!
>>
>>1046257
I know it's not literally a TGV but I'm a multilingual Europäer, so fuck it, everything that goes really fast on rails is a "Grande Vitesse" for me. As for the Shinkansen part, I honestly always thought that the ICE 3 looked far more Japanese rather than a normal European train, it's just "whiter" and significantly more curved than its predecessors.
>>
>>1046240
Isn't it also slower?
>>
>>1046358

They're not really meant to be a replacement for the ICE 3 / Velaro D, those are staying for the proper 300+km/h lines, the 4 was originally intended just to replace currently loco hauled IC services with a 7 car unit running up to 250km/h codenamed ICx, wasn't even supposed to be called an ICE, then they wanted it to replace ICE1 and 2 too, so modified the design for a 12 car 280km/h variant and gave it the new name.
>>
>>1046240
That's ICE TD, not ICE 3 on the left.
>>
>>1048271

Its an ICE T, you can see the pantograph
>>
File: download.jpg (386KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
386KB, 800x600px
>>1048271
>>1048795
And it and the ICE4 both share the fact they originally were supposed to replace the loco hauled ICs and their 40 year old cars.
>>
>>1046285
>everything that goes really fast on rails is a "Grande Vitesse" for me

Not him, but you could have at least used the abbreviation HGV = Hochgeschwindigkeitsverkehr instead.
Also, "Shinkansen" primarily points out the lines, not the trains (sen = 線 = line). In German you can refer to one or the other anyway by saying "die Shinkansen" (the line) or "der Shinkansen" (the train), but that doesn't work in English.
>>
ICE4 is like when a bulldog says: look at me, I'm a dog...
>>
When it looks fat even from the side you know something went wrong.
>>
File: ice t og.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ice t og.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>>1048795
>Its an ICE T, you can see the pantograph

oh yeah, i see what you mean
>>
Chinese version

https://youtu.be/OBYNbsgTBqU
>>
>>1046240
The ICE was always a joke compared to the TGV or especially the Shinkansen, anyways.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.