[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suggest some upgrades for my bike please. It's adventure/gravel.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_5220.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_5220.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Suggest some upgrades for my bike please.

It's adventure/gravel. Under-utilised for it's true purpose & mainly just used for commute at the moment.

It's Reynolds 725, so not light at all - wouldn't mind losing a few grams where possible...
>>
File: RacingSaddle.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
RacingSaddle.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Dildo saddle
>>
Rack, panniers, lights
>>
get rid of the dork disk

also when will they learn
>>
You could always just sell it and get a Tour De Fer instead of that monstrosity!
>>
>>1046212
>he thinks that's what dork disk means
hello weekend fred, shouldn't you be hanging out at starbucks in your rapha kit with the price tags that you "forgot" to cut off?
>>
>>1046215
literally the dork disk is there, are you fucking blind?

also i ride in jeans, lycra is for homosexuals, freds and tryhards
>>
File: 1484479848781.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1484479848781.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1046215
Not only you don't know what a dork disk is, you also look like a dbag. Lurk more Sheldon before acting cool.
>>
>>1046217
>trying this hard not to try hard
>>
>>1046205
>hai guize suggest upgradez
>proceeds to post non drive side pic so you cant even see whats on it
Fuck off, you useless hipster.
>>
>>1046221
stay 4'11" my friend, maybe your upgrade should be 26'' wheels or maybe even just go bmx, it will fit you better
>>
>>1046217
>>1046220
>he thinks that's what dork disk means
the only people who resist progress are poorfags and freds. looks like we've got one of each so far.
>>
>>1046225
>>1046223
>>
Marathon are heavy. You can easily shave more than 500g here without even having to go for smaller tyres. Checkout Vittoria voyager hyper. If you're brit you can have them for cheap on planetx.

Then other options to reduce weight, but much costlier, would be lighter rims, a carbon seatpost, replacing the Hyrd brakes with Spyres, shortening the steering tube (you'd have to find a new stem with a different length/angle to make up for it. Overall you should be able to save a kilo.
>>
>>1046205
Where can I get your lock?
>>
>>1046205
Racing Ralph evos for weight, mavic crossones, double bar tape, a new saddle.
>>
>>1046261
Also a chainstay guard
>>
File: 1481306700047.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1481306700047.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1046205
Get some new wheels if you have too much money or swap tires for lighter ones. You can think about swapping forks/handlebar/seatpost for chink carbon. Shimano discs are pretty heavy too and you can swap hydraulic calipers for mechanical ones.
Also slam that stem and get SPDs
And throw that dork dick away Jesus Christ
>>
>>1046205
Get rid of that damn dork disc you FRED
>>
File: laughingwhore.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
laughingwhore.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1046232
>he thinks I'm the op
nice deflection poorfag freddy boy
>>
>>1046215
Seriously no one leaves price tags on, for any reason. Also there is a fucking dork disc on your bike in the damn image posted.

I'm embarrassed just reading your post
>>
>>1046236
Would you rather get a taxi to work abandoning your bike from your 3rd puncture, or arrive 2 minutes later by bike?
>>
>>1046301
it's called a rotor, fred. and I saw you in fred's coffee shop with the price tags dangling from your rapha kit. you can lie to yourself but not to me
>>
>>1046305
anyone who uses anything except conti gatorskin hardshells doesn't commute. they're a weekend fred.
>>
>>1046306
>he thinks a brake rotor and a dork disc are the same thing
Well, that explains it. You're an idiot.
>>
>>1046308
you're the one who called it a dork disk, not me

nice try though :^)
>>
>>1046310
That was my first post in this thread. The other guy(s) called your dork disc a dork disc, no one said anything about your brake rotor.
>>
>>1046311
multiple people being stupid doesn't make them right

nobody knows what kind of bike I ride, but good guess on it having "dork disks" [sic] front and rear

protip: dork disks have been around for ages and they have nothing to do with "making me upgrade so the mean jewish bike companies can make money"
>>
File: 1482524197032.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1482524197032.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1046306
>it's called a rotor, fred
I thought you were trolling, know you have shown us the truth.

>>1046310
Please stop, he called dork disk because that's the name of that piece, dork disc or pie plate, the plastic piece, not the fucking brake , you fucking retard. If you lack knwoledge, at least don't troll people with your stupidity.
>>
>>1046312
Drok disc =/= brake rotor

If you're OP and that is your bike then you indeed have a dork disc on your rear wheel.

>protip: dork disks have been around for ages and they have nothing to do with "making me upgrade so the mean jewish bike companies can make money"
No shit, they've existed for longer than any of us have been riding bikes. Their purpose is to prevent idiots that can't setup a rear derailer from damaging the derailer or wheel.
>>
>>1046313
I just would like to point out dork disc and pie plate are two different things
>>
>>1046313
>still insisting a rotor is a dork disk
>>1046314
well, at least you googled it. more than I can say about most people in this thread
>>
>>1046223
Mini-velo for a mini-person!
>>
>>1046205
weigh the wheels. If they're over 2kg for a set, they're up for an upgrade. If you ever intend to do some gravel riding - slap the current ones back on.
>>
>>1046727
What's wrong with light wheels for gravel?
>>
>>1046728
Nothing... provided light doesn't mean weak, which in turn implies expensive.
>>
>>1046727
You don't need very strong wheels for gravel riding, it's barely more strenuous than road riding. Over 2kg would be very heavy for a CX wheel set (and I highly doubt his are), shit a lot of 29er sets are less than that with wider rims, more spokes, and generally beefier components.
>>
>>1046205
Sauce on that lock? Also you can never go wrong with better wheels
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.