[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been seeing an increase of R34s in the streets lately.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

I've been seeing an increase of R34s in the streets lately. Are these cars being brought in illegally or have these people found a work around? I asked two guys (who were Asian, if that matters) how they were able to import them and they said they weren't allowed to say.
>>
Open mold frames probably
>>
>>1046158
>>>/o/ ?
>>
>>1046164
Thanks, I couldn't find it so I thought transportation was the closest
>>
Where the fuck do you live that an R34 would be illegal? Australia?
>>
>>1046183
Pretty sure america has stringent import laws which require a car like that to be at least a certain age, doesn't it?

Skylines are pretty common in australia owing to a bunch of things including the fact that we share drive side.
>>
>>1046183
It's quite difficult to legally import and register cars that are newer than 25 years old to the USA, if it's a model that was never sold here.

Some R32 Skylines are now over the 25 year mark and easier to import, but R33s and R34s are still too new.
>>
>>1046359
So R34s were never sold in America?
>>
>>1046360
Skylines of any model/generation were never sold in America - and because of that unattainability, they sort of have a mythical status about them. They're way more lusted after than contemporary/comparable Japanese sports cars that *were* sold in the USA - Toyota Supra, Nissan 300ZX, Mazda RX7, Honda NSX, etc...

In the Skyline fanboy's defense, it's the only one of the bunch that was AWD. No, the Mitsubishi 3000GT/GTO doesn't count, that was a shit car. Subie SVX doesn't count either, slushbox only and generally weird.

(I never understood why Nissan felt the need to shit all over North America in the late 80s/early 90s - we got most of the sweet sports cars from every other company in Japan. Nissan even put a fuckin' truck engine in the Silvia when they imported them to the USA, for christ's sake)
>>
>>1046360
The layout of the engine compartment precluded LHD. First "Skyline" we got was the Infiniti G35
>>
>>1046185
25 years old minimum, thanks to the Mercedes-Benz assholes
>>
>>1046359
R33s can be imported to USA because an import company did the crash testing on them. Imported r34 aren't road legal, but there are some that were slipped in under the R33 umbrella that are still registered. Some of the states have been cracking down on them. If you buy a street licensed R34 in the states don't be surprised if they don't let you get new tags for your plates in the future. Still, you can have pretty much anything as a track toy.
>>
>>1046183
cars have import laws. Try not to talk about something you know that you know nothing about. You sound insanely ignorant.
>>
>>1046360
NO FFS

fucking google searches will tell you in seconds

>>1046374
Truck suspension too. You know how much wheel gaps those things have? It's not a "truck" engine either. The Truck's KA does not even have a full crank girdle like the 240SX KA. Big difference in construction.
>>
>>1046158
If you can afford them, Canada allows them in after 19 years from manufacturing date. In 2013 I worked with a kid (18y) who bought one from an "importer" in Vancouver BC (typically a "guy" who has a "friend" who knows "someone" etc..). It used to be more lucrative 6 or 8 years ago and "importers" were usually other young car enthusiasts who did this to support their own car hobby. But in the past few years the Feds gave been cracking down on it for tax, safety, emissions testing, and import licencing to the extent it's almost a non-profit endeavour. My co-worker was burned, he got a nice looking car with a shot engine and suspension. Caveat emptor, no legal recourse.
>>
>>1046374
>(I never understood why Nissan felt the need to shit all over North America in the late 80s/early 90s - we got most of the sweet sports cars from every other company in Japan. Nissan even put a fuckin' truck engine in the Silvia when they imported them to the USA, for christ's sake)

California emissions is my bet.
>>
>>1050277
Yeah, except we got the SR20DE in the B13 Sentra during the same timeframe. Not putting it in the US-market S13 and S14 chassis is still inexplicable to me.
>>
File: trainDM0103_468x311.jpg (50KB, 468x311px) Image search: [Google]
trainDM0103_468x311.jpg
50KB, 468x311px
REEEEEEEEE Go back to /o/tism you fucks!!!!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.