[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's going on with Canyon supposedly coming to the USA?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: ban_all_cars.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
ban_all_cars.jpg
1B, 486x500px
What's going on with Canyon supposedly coming to the USA? They keep saying SOON SOON SOON but it's already 2017 and nothing. Is it going to happen or should I just buy something else? Are they going to back out now that the US economy is about to get crashed by a drunk driver?
>>
I wouldn't count on it
>>
What does canyon make that you can't get from another maker?
>>
>>1045357
Why would you want them to?
They are nothing but hype.
>>
>>1045362
nothing- they are chinese carbon frames that are slightly cheaper than the big 3 but not nearly as cheap as open molds. They have some gimmicky design that changes HA by like 1 degree which is useless. Yall niggas just like paying for stickers.
>>
>>1045362
>>1045377
>>1045382
Sort of this.

For 99% of everyone, almost any make of bike frame will be more than adequate for your needs, assuming it's outfitted with decent components and wheels, at least. The other 1% of riders are pro racers and higher-end amateur racers.
>>
>>1045385
>The other 1% of riders are pro freds and weekend freds.
ftfy
>>
>>1045382
They sell complete bikes. I don't know if anyone sells complete with open mould frames but if they did I sure as hell wouldn't buy one, that'd be a lot of money on something that you probably can't get warranted.

Also, whilst I haven't tried the shape shifter it does far more than slacken the HA by 1 degree. It actually steepens it and the seat tube angle by 1.5 degrees, raises the bottom bracket by 20mm, reduces travel to 130mm from 160mm and reduces sag from 25-30% to around 15%. Those are some quite significant changes in total and should make a noticeable change when climbing.
>>
When they get their new factory running at the intended volume and manage to get all the ordered bikes out to customers without 3 to 6 month wait.

However Canyon isn't nearly as good value anymore as they used to be. They've had a couple of price hikes in the last few years which means that you might find a similar deal on some other bike with similar level of components.
>>
How much do these cost?
>>
>>1048732
>I can't use google
https://www.canyon.com/
>>
>tfw no stitched 360

seriously, the rockshox pike DJ is like 600 burgerbucks alone, canyon has amazing prices
>>
>>1045457

Canyon is amazing value for money, at least it was for my 2017 Commuter. The other point is valid tho, it takes them ages, 3-8 months to get a bike to a customer.
>>
>>1048990
They're still definitely good value for money and by no means overpriced. However at least on road and cx bikes they've increased their prices a lot from what they used to be a few years ago. Just means that you're usually able to find similar deals from a few other reputable manufacturers.
>>
>>1048735
Just looked at this.
They had me at german engineering.
What does one cost?
>>
>>1045357
Q3 this year with MY2018
>>
>>1048996
they've got no competition for their road bikes, so they can jack the prices up, but their MTBs have a lot of competition, from YT, radon, rose bikes, propain, and commencal.
>>
>>1049238
MTBs are not transportation and belong on /asp/
>>
File: bitchspray.jpg (5KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
bitchspray.jpg
5KB, 224x225px
>>1049245
bitch please- if you said BMX I'd agree but there's nothing wrong with traveling on an MTB. I ride my full squish everywhere, lock it out and its just as good as your POS OTS.
>>
>>1049231
I paid about 3600 euros for this.
Most of their garbon bikes comes in either an SL or an SLX version, with the SL versions being cheaper and lower end kit.
The cheapest one is about 1700 euro and comes with full 105
>>
>>1049245
Who let the autistic roadie out of his cage? Cruiser bikes are transportation. BMX bikes can be transportation for adults but I don't enjoy them particularly. Mountain bikes are very effective transportation. Sometimes A to B isn't a paved path. I take many off road shortcuts on commutes.
>>
File: 38.png (40KB, 253x357px) Image search: [Google]
38.png
40KB, 253x357px
>>1049245
what if I have to transport myself over a mountain?
>>
File: cyclocross-race.png (794KB, 655x437px) Image search: [Google]
cyclocross-race.png
794KB, 655x437px
>>1050004
No self respecting road Fred would let his delicate $300 tires come into contact with anything but pre-groomed asphalt.
>>
>>1045382

>Trying to justify your shit purchase

Try again, you goof'd hard...
>>
>>1050004
Then you use a ski lift, same as the mountain bikers

You seem to be under the erroneous impression that MTB users know how to climb
>>
>>1050046
>pedaling up a mountain

for what purpose
>>
>not just going yt or commencal

The only thing canyon had going for it was being early to the direct sales shit.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.