[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Driving on the left or right side of the road. Discuss which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0529.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_0529.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Driving on the left or right side of the road. Discuss which we should.
>>
Drive in the direction of the flow of traffic.
>>
>>1043447
>>1043446
Pretty much. Bikes go with traffic, pedestrians go against.
>>
>>1043447
>>1043449
This, and if you want to argue about it I suggest you refer to the drivers handbook from your local DMV, which covers this subject, or call your local police department and ask them.

/thread
>>
>>1043489
>>1043449
>>1043447
I think OP is debating whether traffic in general should go on the left (as in the UK) or on the right (as in the USA)
>>
>>1044059
And the answer doesn't change.
>>
>>1044059
Doesn't really matter
>>
>>1044059
Totally makes no difference.
>>
>>1043447
>>1043449
>>1043489
Try telling that to the retards in my city that insist on riding their bikes against traffic and going the WRONG way on the bike lanes.
>>
Make all roads one-way.
>>
>>1043446
Biomechanics and the majority of people being right handed says that you should drive on the right and have left hand drive cars.
With a manual, shifting is easier and if power steering is lost, right turns (the tightest and therefore hardest) are easiest.
>>
Driving on the left in Britain stems back from the days when people would carry their swords on their right sides , and would stay on the left to make it easier to draw their swords on ,on coming riders !
>>
>>1047838
Sword on the left to draw with the right dominant arm, thus riding on the left so the sword is away from those passing you but can be drawn on them.
>>
scientific research indicates that ocular preference of the majority makes left-side traffic slightly safer.
Also having your right-hand designated mainly for the steering wheel and the left for the gear shifter and other controls is more appropriate for the right-handed majority.
>>
>>1044705
Honk your horn at them as you go by, they should eventually get the message.
A horn is supposed to be used to indicate a hazard or make people aware they are causing a risk
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.