[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /n/ its me, trainguy. I'm currently on holiday in Tasmania.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
image.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Hi /n/ its me, trainguy.

I'm currently on holiday in Tasmania.
This place sucks.
There are no trains or trams. At all. Just buses. Outside of Hobart there are only extremely infrequent coaches. And in Hobart its Saturday so half the buses aren't running and the rest are hourly. That's if you can figure out the route maps.

And getting here was a nightmare. First the plane was delayed an hour and 40 minutes, we left when we were supposed to arrive! Then waiting another half hour for luggage. Not to mention getting to and from the airports.
How the fuck can Americans say this sort thing for a mere regional flight is better than catching a high speed train?!
>>
Yes, Hobart is terrible. I wouldn't want anybody else to come, for their own sake of course.
>>
>>1042911
it would be great if you could get every bus timetable (i collect them) you see in hobart and mail them to me in the united states

but that's never gonna happen
>>
>>1042911
So you're bitching because you had a bad flight. Or did you really expect there to be a train going 240 km across the Bass Strait?
>>
>>1042967
Just bus timetables?
>>
>>1042911
>This place sucks.
>There are no trains or trams. At all. Just buses.
There are plans to build a light rail line somewhere in the city. They had trams until 1960 and trolleybuses until 1968.
>How the fuck can Americans say this sort thing for a mere regional flight is better than catching a high speed train?!
I don't think building a high speed rail line from mainland Australia to Tasmania is feasible.
>>1042967
>bus timetable (i collect them)
Aren't bus tables available online? Or are you talking about vandalizing and stealing physically available bus tables from the stops?
>>
>>1042985
any form of public transit desu
but in hobart, you can only get bus schedules

the only ones i wont collect are tourist-oriented bus/ferry/train routes
>>
>>1043084
I'm talkin' about the types you get at customer service centers or transit hubs in the schedule racks.
>>
>>1043090
I see. I can send you some from a city that does not exist if you pay back the postal charges
>>
>>1043092
Bielefeld?
>>
>>1043099
Yes
>>
>>1043088
was asking because I'm in Adelaide at the moment, could hook you up
>>
>>1043208
thanks m8
>>
>>1042911
Didn't you make a thread before where everyone told you not to go to Tasmania?

There;s next to no one living in Hobart, of course there's no fucking train line
>>
>>1043248
Well he's in Hobart during MONA FoMA,which I envy. It's an interesting place to visit anyway, unless he's literally autistic and his only fixation is trains there's plenty do do.
>>
>>1043406
>literally autistic
Highly plausible
>>
>>1043406
If he's fixated on trains alone why the fuck would you go to Australia, let alone fucking Tasmania of all places.
>>
>40 mins delay on a flight is terrible

Sheltered much?
>>
>>1043437
probably to ride one of your two extremely overpriced transcontinental trains

also for the melbourne tram network
>>
>>1043216
if you are about set up a throwaway email, otherwise try in 12 hours or so, I'm not too far from passing out I don't think, who knows though might be up for a while
>>
>>1043456
ok adelaide anon
i have set up a throwaway email account at:

[email protected]
>>
>>1043437
There is the West coast Wilderness Railway out of Queenstown, can't be that many steam rack railways around.
>>
>>1043084
>plans to build a lightrail
As in a tram of a shitty halfarsed substitute for a train that the Americans love to build and call lightrail?
>I don't think building a high speed rail line from mainland Australia to Tasmania is feasible.
The comparison was to short regional flights
They think its better to catch a plane in the Boston to DC area than catch a HSR
>>
>>1042967
>>1043088
>>1043090
No such schedules and maps around, one reason why it was so hard getting around

Btw I'm in Launceston now, camping through the West Coast has ended and going home
There used to be a lot of steam locomotives through the West Coast and one has been restored for tourist services but its damned impossible to get to - connecting it back to Hobart or Launceston would make a great tourist service and get more people to go to Queenstown and Zeehan
>>
>>1043406
Was only in Hobart for 2 days, went down to Bruny Island for one of them
>>1043437
Australia has lots of great trains
>1043444
1 hour 40 minute delay, lrn2read
>>
>>1044910
>one has been restored for tourist services but its damned impossible to get to
There's coaches a couple of times a week
>connecting it back to Hobart or Launceston would make a great tourist service and get more people to go to Queenstown and Zeehan
Fucking retarded, easiest way would need the reestablishment of a rail link between Strahan and Zeehan to connect to the Emu Bay railway and some stretches of the old trackbed have formed the route for the road. Plus it's just not feasible for an island with such a highly centralised population.
>>
>>1043445
I actually really enjoyed catching the train from Sydney to Adelaide.
>>
File: perth-freeway-rail.jpg (684KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
perth-freeway-rail.jpg
684KB, 1632x1224px
>>1046235
>There's coaches a couple of times a week
>a couple times a week
Oh well that changes everything
And its not, I checked when I was first planning my trip: its TWICE a week
The fuck do you do when the train ride is over?
Wait at the bus stop 3-5 days?
>and some stretches of the old trackbed have formed the route for the road.
Thats a problem how? Put the track on the road! Thats what they did in WA for the Mandurah railway
>Plus it's just not feasible for an island with such a highly centralised population.
What was I talking about?
Getting the tourist steam locomotives to go to Launceston or Hobart
So that means... Tourism
Population and density isn't a factor cause it aint a passenger service
Fucking hell that study from 2014 was right, 50% of the island really is functionally illiterate
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.