[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello guys, I've wanted to buy a (good, quiet) trainer and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 616UWWxv2eL._SL1000_.jpg (61KB, 1000x730px) Image search: [Google]
616UWWxv2eL._SL1000_.jpg
61KB, 1000x730px
Hello guys, I've wanted to buy a (good, quiet) trainer and get some recommendations for a (budget) bicycle that would work well on a trainer. I'd like to surprise my wife with a setup in our television room, and I'm hoping to stay under $500.
I was thinking either Cyclops Fluid2 or Kinetic Roadmachine 2, but only because they have the best reviews on Amazon and they're quiet enough that we could enjoy a movie while exercising.
Could I get a bike for under $200 that would perform well on this setup?

Thank you for input!
>>
Why would you buy a trainer when you don't even have a bike
Might as well get a stationary bike
>>
Hahahah dont get a bike cheaper than your trainer

The trainer in your pic related is the best one though. Pretty quiet
>>
>>1042740
Yeah do this OP. A good stationary bike will be better than a cheap $200 + $500 turbo.

Also, even if some turbo trainers are quiet, don't expect wonders. They're all noisy, and not ideal if you want to watch a movie
>>
>>1042745
Thirded. You can get a pretty nice spin bike for $700 or even $500. Just avoid the exercise machine things as they barely feel like riding a bike.
>>
>>1042731
Skip the trainer, get her a better bike, tell her to ride outside. Riding on a trainer all the time is very de-motivating and also subjects you to too many distractions that end up with you not even turning the pedals anymore. In the end the whole setup gets used to hand laundry from, then moves the garage, then gets put in the garage sale or donated to the thrift store.

So to summarize:
o Trainers are boring and stupid
o Riding outside is superior
o Skip the trainer buy a decent bike instead
>>
>>1042873

If you're getting distracted and find yourself not pedalling on a trainer, you're retarded to the point where you should stay off the road.
>>
>>1042915
If all you're doing is sitting on a trainer in your house all the time just turning pedals and not actually riding then you're retarded and should just stop living.

It's actually a well-known fact among cycing coaches that spending too much time indoors on a trainer or stationary bike is demotivating and can get you burned out on being on a bike at all. I only use one as a last resort.
>>
OP here, on the advice of some here, I am leaning towards a stationary spin bike, such as model SF-B1509, as it is a newer model (and seems to include free assembly?).
Not sure if it's worth it over the SF-B1423 model or SF-B1421.
I always wanted a trainer but these spinners seem to make more sense for this purpose.
(I tried posting shortened URLs but got flagged as spam)

>>1042873
>>1042919
While I understand this perspective, my wife isn't a hard-core cyclist, in fact she has a fear of riding bicycles due to a fall she experienced when young. And she is in need of a way to get exercise in, especially in the winter. And preferably while distracted by a show, so that the mundanity of the exercising can be ignored. It's a weight loss and health solution, and needs to be accessible and simple.

While I would agree that riding indoors sucks compared to outside, as I love getting out and riding on the streets, after getting married I found myself bound in ways I hadn't imagined. I married a Chinese girl and we are scarcely apart for a minute minus when at work. And since she doesn't exercise, I have stopped doing what I used to love as well, running and riding. Sometimes I sneak a midnight jog in after shes asleep. I think of killing mself too often. It relaxes me. goodnight
>>
Shit turbo + good power meter master race reporting in
>>
>>1042919

Dudes wife isn't a cyclist. And cycling coaches will still tell you that using trainers is perfectly ok.
>>
>>1042731
Wahoo Kickr Snap is by far the quietest until the tacx neo
>>
>>1043061
They also tell me to pay them and not grab onto Cars

Cycling coach don't know shit
>>
>>1042927
buy her some weights
>>
File: traininggirl-eating_300.jpg (16KB, 300x357px) Image search: [Google]
traininggirl-eating_300.jpg
16KB, 300x357px
>>
>>1042927
>Sometimes I sneak a midnight jog in after shes asleep. I think of killing mself too often. It relaxes me. goodnight
Jesus fucking Christ, is this copypasta? Bait? Or are you actually serious about this thread? I have more than one doubt about that.

If not bait: You don't need a trainer and a cheap bike. You need marriage counseling. Your marriage is SHIT and you're headed for trouble. Take the money you were going to spend on this useless shit she won't use anyway and go to couples therapy. Or just get a divorce and find someone who actually suits you instead of staying married to a 'fixer up-er' that doesn't suit you and that you keep wanting to change. Then she can go marry some couch potato that doesn't mind being in a codependent relationship.

>>1043061
Dudes marriage is a disaster waiting to happen, and I've talked to plenty of cycling coaches who say that if you can avoid the trainer and ride outside, then do it, trainer is when you have no other choice.
>>
>>1042873
it's way, way easier to get a good workout indoors than outdoors. on a turbo all you have to do is put your power down, no need to worry about cars, red lights, pedestrians, etc.

not as fun, but pretty effective.
>>
dont' listen to nay sayers, if your bike isn't going to see any sand or mud you can get a $200 bike, I recommend something like this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZPCB31/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=marketorder-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01LZPCB31&linkId=880afcca6f9f7d0149a2bd618a85ce19
>>
>>1042927
give her the D

put her to sleep

go ride your bike (rehydrate and have some carbz beforehand though!)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.