[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How possible is it structurally to build roads and underpasses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

How possible is it structurally to build roads and underpasses (not tunnels under a small raised stadium?
>>
File: 1482089745712.jpg (80KB, 319x475px) Image search: [Google]
1482089745712.jpg
80KB, 319x475px
>>1042016
Looks pretty clear by the shape, the stadium is like a bowl and the weight rests on the pillars distributing the weight. I'm more concerned about the cleaning of that building, birds could populate that grid and start shitting everything.
>>
Structurally, I don't think it would be an issue, it's just an issue of how big the steel needs to be.
Cost-wise, it would almost certainly be very expensive.
>>
>>1042016
>road gets shut down during every sporting event due to security fears
No
>>
>>1042016
Depends on the width of the road we're talking about here, and what the clearance and column spacing of the stadium is like.

A simple 2-lane road could go in without much trouble. Trying to put in a highway would probably require the stadium being torn down and rebuilt. Everything else in between, it really depends.

>>1042048
Muslims ruin everything.
>>
https://www.google.com.hk/maps/place/Wan+Chai+Sports+Ground/
Since thread's received fairly. This place is in the way of a highway, an interchange to one overloaded cross-harbor tunnel and basically every trunk route passing through central parts of the city. Discussed with my pals who aren't sure.

>>1042046
That's my concern. Whether it's that worthy and how the roads would perform. Not many options at hand so it comes to this.

>>1042048
It's a local stadium that happens to be at the city center, with absolutely no room for any more sports facility in the inner city. No frequent big events. Only one at the community level. The biggest guests are usually schools.

>>1042126
Asking this to rebuild one in mind for redevelopment and/or necessary road capacity. Space is very much confined that even the raised structure may pose a challenge to existing roads next to it. Relocation elsewhere is challenging.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.