[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go for a run >its night time, its dark, the trail is not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (20KB, 543x271px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 543x271px
>go for a run
>its night time, its dark, the trail is not well lit
>round a bend
>there is a bike on the wrong side
>it has not light on
>the cyclist is not looking where he is going, he is craning his head around to look at something on his right
>bareky manage to avoid being hit by bike
>tell of cyclist that he has no light and is on the wrong side
>he yells abuse back at me
>I tell him to fuck off
>he begins cycling after me abusing him
>I repeat he has no light, its night and the area is poorly lit, that he is on the wrong side of the path
>he claims its not a road
>I point to the lane painted on the path, the arrows pointing in each direction and yell at him to fuck off
>he abuses me more
>and claims that he doesn't have a license plate and that laws don't apply to him
The fuck is wrong with you cyclists?
>>
Probably one of those fucks who never got a driver's license, can't remember the training they received in primary school and believe they can do anything they want on a bike.
Personally, I bike with the same amount of attention and consideration as when I drive a car. When I break traffic rules, it's usually because it's the middle of the night and there's no one around that I could put in danger, or because the bike paths aren't marked clearly and I genuinely have no idea what to do.

Reminds me of a few experiences I had with cyclists around here.
>walking on the sidewalk
>wait at traffic light
>cyclist incoming on the bicycle path from the left
>light turns green for me
>I start walking
>cyclist just keeps going
>does not stop at the light
>nearly runs me over
>he literally just whizzed past me at a 50cm distance
>just gawks at me with an open mouth

>another time, at an intersection
>two cyclists come up from behind me
>first swerve to the left in the middle of the road, ride across the crowded sidewalk, then make use of the green pedestrian's traffic light
>loudly complain and swear at a cager woman who miscalculated the congestion and stopped in their way
I mean yeah, she dun goofed, but they were riding so recklessly I had to wonder where this sudden awareness to traffic rules was coming from.
>>
>>1041165
>or because the bike paths aren't marked clearly and I genuinely have no idea what to do.

You shouldn't need to, you ride on the same side every time.

>I had to wonder where this sudden awareness to traffic rules was coming from.
Obviously he knows the laws to complain about the Cagers breaking
>>
>>1041166
Not in my country. Sometimes there is a bidirectional bike path on one side of the street with no clear indication. I usually try to use these even if I don't know if I am allowed to, but I get yelled at by cagers if I don't.
>>
>>1041162
>live
>person does something I don't like
The fuck is wrong with you humanity?
>>
>>1041170
>behave dangerously
>impede others
>abuse and chase people when they critique your behaviour
>>
>>1041171
>behave dangerously
>impede others
>abuse and chase people when they critique your behaviour
The fuck is wrong with you conscious beings?
>>
>go for a ride
>bug gets in my eye
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE ANIMAL KINGDOM?! THEY'RE ALL A BUNCH OF ASSHOLES
>>
File: OK.jpg (17KB, 416x378px) Image search: [Google]
OK.jpg
17KB, 416x378px
>there are cyclists who don't pay attention to what they're doing
>there are cyclists who care so little for their bikes they don't actually give a shit about how and where they ride

Explain this to me, /n/. How can these people exist? Do they just see their bikes as disposable?
>>
>>1041171
There is a social norm against getting called out on one's shit. People who behave in a shitty manner are used to getting away with it, otherwise they would probably stop that behavior at some point. But when you call them out on their bullshit, their bad habits and attitudes come tumbling down and cause great emotional distress. That's why it pisses them off.
>>
>>1041174
DUIfags
>>
>>1041176
>There is a social norm against getting called out on one's shit

No, there isn't. Most people bad or embarrassed or sheepish or whatever.
Most people don't react violently, abuse people, chase them, deny blame, shift blame.
>>
>>1041162
>person without light complains about other person without light
>>
>>1041162

I could bitch just as much about the retarded pedestrians in my area literally just walking out into traffic without any warning wherever the fuck they want.
>>
>>1041174
It's just like all the tons of fuckers who drive. Don't give a shit about how they drive, and cars are just appliances to them.
>>
>>1041162
>have ONE bad experience
>ALL cyclists are BAD
fuck off, dickhead troll
>>
>>1041186
Road rules clearly state cyclists must have lights, regardless of being on the road, on paths, etc
Road rules clearly state cyclists must ride to the left on paths
>>1041253
Actually I have been encountering dozens of cyclists riding at night without lights lately
>>
>>1041183
That's the people who don't behave recklessly in the first place.
>>
>>1041281
The problem is that some of those people ride bso's and can't afford to buy lights. Often other will also be used to riding their bike without thinking anything of it through summer or never expected it to be dark before the ride home. I have also heard them say that the roads are so dead before the sum comes up that they feel safe.
>>
I'm a frequent cyclist but I can admit that there are a much greater proportion of cyclists out there who are complete morons than drivers.

>waiting to cross a road on foot in central london
>one of the busiest roads in the city, at peak time
>light turns green, everyone (c. 50 people) start crossing
>some cyclist wearing headphones, sunglasses (it's winter), a facemask and no helmet speeds through the adjoining junction narrowly avoiding cars
>when he gets near the pedestrian crossing he lets out a ridiculous scream
>doesn't slow down but everyone is so startled they jump out of the way
>he just keeps on cycling
>>
>>1041978
>can't afford to buy lights
>can't afford £10 on something that will probably save your life at some point
>will spend three times that much a week on coffee and alcohol
Fuck everyone
>>
>>1042010
Alpha af
>>
>>1042010
I'm a frequent cyclist and to it's an obvious fact that there's a much greater proportion of drivers who are complete morons than cyclists. No need to add a story because I'm sure we've all lived them. Of course there's a bunch of clueless fucktards on two wheels also, but at least they're not carrying around a couple of tons of steel powered by fossil fuel.
>>
>>1042011
luckily if you get caught without lights you get a £60 fine.
>>
>>1042032
You're also meant to get a £100 fine for dog fouling but that didn't stop that cunt from next door taking his fuck ugly pitbull out and letting it shit on my doorstep.

>>1042025
If the same proportion of drivers drove carelessly as cyclists, there would be hundreds of crashes per city on a daily basis. Drivers outnumber cyclists about 15 to 1 here - there may be more careless drivers, but not 15 times as many. I'd say maybe 5 times. The fact that cars are inherently more dangerous is irrelevant.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.