[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /n/ I bought a second hand MTB two months ago. I learne

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: bliss.jpg (96KB, 478x566px) Image search: [Google]
bliss.jpg
96KB, 478x566px
sup /n/

I bought a second hand MTB two months ago. I learned how to ride with that bike recently (I am 30yo)

I accidentally broke the rear derailleur.

Long story short, I want to turn this bike into a single speed. It has a freewheel with the first cog being the lockring (the third one in the video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwGCZuWPQGk

It is the first time I am gonna do this. I will use the same cogs and cranks to make the mod.

Any suggestions? Pic not related.
>>
>>1040425
You didn't break your derailer, you're just a post-hipster wannabe.

I can tell because literally the only thing you would have to do to make a bike single speed is shorten the chain.
>>
>>1040428

I already took out the cables, shifters and derailleur but I was having problems with the freewheel.

I think what you say it's better, just shorten the chain is enough. I don't mind the cogs at all.
>>
If your bike has disc hubs, you can buy a bolt-on solution
>>
>>1040432
>>1040428

I am unemployed, got the bike very cheap and I don't have money (yet) to buy a new derailleur or sending it to the bike shop. I just learned to ride a bike 1 month ago and I read and watch tutorials about basic bike maintenance.

I just want a free and quick solution to keep using the bike because I am using for transportation and not only as a hobby.

I am not from USA, those conversion kits are not available in my country and if a bike shop could make the conversion it will be very pricey.
>>
>>1040434
Take off deralliuer . Put chain in desired cog. Put chain back with proper length. Ss
>>
>>1040545

doesn't it have to be aligned the chain with both the cog and the crank?

I wanted to take out the freewheel because a lot of places said that it have to be aligned.
>>
>>1040545

sup /n/

I did this.

>took out both derailleurs
>set third cog and second crank to get 2:1
>adjusted and tensed chain (never did it before)
>learned and adjusted v-brakes
>took me like 4 days
>when finished, I took the bike for ride
>"HOLY SHIT IS FAST"

Thanks /n/
>>
>>1041091
Good for you man
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.