[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cagers are rioting in Mexico after government stopped subsid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: chapultepec.jpg (198KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
chapultepec.jpg
198KB, 1600x900px
Cagers are rioting in Mexico after government stopped subsidizing gas: https://news.vice.com/story/a-steep-gas-price-hike-has-triggered-five-days-of-riots-in-mexico

God I can't stand these retards.
>>
File: 1483060164474.png (30KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1483060164474.png
30KB, 657x527px
>>1038861
>>
Gotta pay for that wall somehow.
>>
>Vice
Less credible than infowars, honestly.
>>
>>1038861
Gas in BC Canada jumped up from $1.14/L to $1.30/L. This is not typical nor normal... but then in 2008 we were up to $1.58/L.

Still cheaper than EU.
>>
File: tumblr_n3iitgtIW41re0c97o1_400.jpg (34KB, 358x477px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3iitgtIW41re0c97o1_400.jpg
34KB, 358x477px
Mexifag here. It's not that simple. There are many reasons for people to be angry, but riots are actually caused by the goverment. They pay to some idiots to fuck everything up, making look pacific protesters as criminals. In some cases, some rioters and looters were reported to be municipal (local) cops. There are many reasons for this, but two of the main are to justify detentions and police abuse and to frighten people to stop protest. Of course there are many unscrupulous retards who think it's a good idea to loot (specially from American stores because Mexihero and antiTrump). There are also rumors for there to be a coup d'état, but are most likely to be only to cause fear.

And if you wonder why so much anger, gas in Mexico is one of the most expensives in the world if we have in mind that 1 litre costs between $16 and $18 MXN ($0.75 - $0.84 USD) but minimum salary per day is $80 MXN ($3.75 USD). That is today, but it is planned to change each week in a few days.
>>
>>1038861
>God I can't stand these retards.
What did you expect from mexicans?
They are sub-85 IQ sub-humans. They are literally retarded.
>>
>>1038938
>mexican government loots its own country

you just made it seem so much worse
>>
>>1038938
2.90 a gallon roughly? thats not too far off from USA at all.
>>
>>1039128
>43 cents an hour minimum wage roughly? that's not too far off from USA at all.
>>
>>1039132
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Mexico&displayCurrency=USD
Oh no, the third world earns less and has cheaper goods...
Turns out that having a population that isn't entirely retarded makes your country less shit.

Just imagine how many orbital colonies we would have if congress wasn't full of faggots in the 1870's and 1960's.
>>
>>1039132
Also, are you seriously implying that a minimum wage is a good thing?
How economically ignorant are you?

The only thing better than a low minimum wage is no minimum wage.
>>
>>1039139
>The only thing better than a low minimum wage is no minimum wage.
haha
>>
>>1039141
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that that is a kek of agreement.
>>
>>1039132
>>1038938
If you can't afford gas you shouldn't have a car. How the fuck have the people earning $4 per day afforded a car before this?

It's the privileged middle class that's on the barricades. The ones that are earning minimum wage in Mexico don't have a car.
>>
>>1039139
>The only thing better than a low minimum wage is no minimum wage.
>>
>>1039211
Sweden doesn't have any minimum wage, they just set up negotiations between the workers and the business.

It's a good system, the gov makes sure the business isn't browbeating them, and the business can explain to the workers the limits of what they can pay them.

It has much better income equality than most countries.
>>
>>1039137
>>Just imagine how many orbital colonies we would have if congress wasn't full of faggots in the 1870's and 1960's.
Depends how long it takes for Zeon to drop one on Sydney.
>>
>>1038926
Just a couple weeks ago here in BC I filled at $1.08, then a few days later it was $1.26 with no change in between. At least I drive a little Accent, but for these morons driving around in these big trucks that would be $20 difference for a tank fill.
>>
>>1039226
Pro-unionizing and anti-minimum wage.
How strange
>>
>>1039954
Same thing in Finland. Works pretty well if you ask me.
>>
>>1039956
>unions routinely set up strikes that stop the entire country without legitimate reasons
>unions and their shitty deals prevent me from negotiating my own contract with the employer
>works pretty well
Let me take a wild stab in the dark, you vote for social democrats or someone else on the left.
>>
>>1038938
>In some cases, some rioters and looters were reported to be municipal (local) cops.
This happens often, even the US.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.