[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My fucking ass hurts so much, I feel like it isn't good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 15

File: tumblr_o6vdrtMBnl1sexuwdo1_500.jpg (94KB, 500x584px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6vdrtMBnl1sexuwdo1_500.jpg
94KB, 500x584px
My fucking ass hurts so much, I feel like it isn't good because it's especially in my gooch area (between my asshole and balls) that gets numb! I don't want to break my penis.

I need a new saddle, something that won't pound my ass so hard. I'm not used to it. The trick is that it has to be like about $40 tops-ish.

This wasn't a problem because the most I would ride before was between 5 minutes to 40 minutes with a break in between but now I am doing an hour all at once and I feel like I'm putting my body at risk.
>>
File: tumblr_npfda0NFL71r0ntu4o1_500.jpg (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npfda0NFL71r0ntu4o1_500.jpg
99KB, 500x500px
Please help, my boi pucci can't keep taking this abuse.
>>
I like the Charge Spoon
>>
File: 1475694143394.jpg (318KB, 1352x976px) Image search: [Google]
1475694143394.jpg
318KB, 1352x976px
>>1036900
Why do you like it? I don't like the name because it sounds like it's going to charge up my asshole and spoon it out.
>>
>>1036893
>The trick is that it has to be like about $40 tops-ish
LOL forget it. All you'll get for that little money is some piece of shit that's too big and too padded and you'll have the same problem maybe worse. You need a properly sized and shaped saddle, and it needs to be adjusted correctly for you specifically, or you're going to continue to have problems.
>>
File: tumblr_mhc0t02EVr1rxu8bko1_1280.jpg (646KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhc0t02EVr1rxu8bko1_1280.jpg
646KB, 1200x800px
>>1036912
Okay what's the cheapest saddle then? My bike is fitted properly but my seat needs work. I can adjust it myself within the inch, and choose the angle where it rests mostly on my ass instead of through the gooch.
>>
Cycling shorts are nice too
Get these, they'll help
http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/mens-padded-pro-bike-short.html
>>
File: _1.jpg (176KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
_1.jpg
176KB, 500x750px
>>1036919
I know I am asking for help, I appreciate your time and advice, but I'm not too keen on padded shorts or earing cycling gear. When I ride I wear more casual stuff even if I intend on doing 30 miles. I don't do super long distance. I would wear cargo shorts or dress shorts in the summer, jogger pants in the winter and jeans. I don't want it to look like I'm wearing a diaper underneath.

Surely plenty of bikers don't use padded shorts and they can't all have gooch problems? Are brooks saddle all hype or are they actually good? I may consider saving up instead so I can get something good but a $200 saddle is hard to justify in my opinion, I'm a casual rider looking for something more comfy.
>>
>>1036917
>>1036893
>$40
>cheapest possible
Nigga you've got this all wrong. Get a saddle that fits you properly and don't look at the price tag. It'll be $200 at most and you can use it for years if you buy a quality saddle. That's said I'll shill for ISM at every opportunity.
>>
>>1036920
>Surely plenty of bikers don't use padded shorts and they can't all have gooch problems?
Eh, probably partly depends on the person/body. You could always wear cycling shorts underneath cargo shorts, or just stop caring what people think.
>Are brooks saddle all hype or are they actually good?
They're shit.
>$200 saddle
You can probably get something good for half that or less. It's not only about having something expensive and high end, but something that is the proper shape and size for your body, and one that works well with your bike's geometry. And of course saddle height and angle matter too, so even if you keep the saddle you have now, you might feel a lot better by changing those. And even your handlebar position (height and how far forward/back they are) affect how you sit so changing those might help.
There's a lot of factors, and "buy the most expensive saddle on the market" will do very little to help.
>>
Get some quality bib shorts and this saddle. It will all depend on the distance between your sitbones. A cheap saddle will work wonders if you choose the right size as opposed to a very expensive saddle that fits like shit.
>>
File: 1475646333340.jpg (2MB, 3200x4267px) Image search: [Google]
1475646333340.jpg
2MB, 3200x4267px
>>1036923
>>1036927

I'm 5'6
With a small frame, my boi pucci and ass is not very big.
>>
Get a bike fit you dumb hipster
>>
>>1036893
>My fucking ass hurts so much
It'll stop eventually.
>my gooch area gets numb
You need a new saddle.

I think I was pretty lucky with saddles, but when I had to change the stock one on my old cross/trekking/hybrid bike I got myself touring version of the Specialized Henge saddle. Wasn't all that expensive, little bit narrower than the stock one, much less padded and with a decent "gooch canal".

*EDIT
Apparently it's the second cheapest in their "mountain" range. Cheers.
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/components/saddles/henge-sport/117458
>>
>>1036920
So get some bike liner shorts or whatever those are called, and wear them under your cargo pants for stealth comfort.
Anyway, I am this >>1036935 guy and I've ridden the Henge with and with out padded pants which both worked very good.
>>
>>1036935
>>1036936
That is indeed a very generous gooch canal. I wouldn't mind so much a seat that spread my cheeks a little if it meant protecting/free falling my gooch and therefore protecting my penile functions. Only $35 makes it quite attractive.

Which leads to another question. When I went to all the bike shops in my area, all of them in my opinion were shitty. They lacked any true selection of parts with everything having to be ordered and then delivered, is this normal? All their saddles were retardedly expensive with only maybe 3 choices. I have the feeling they cater to a very specific crowd of road cyclists who have more money than common sense.
>>
File: velox vixen short 3.jpg (82KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
velox vixen short 3.jpg
82KB, 640x960px
>>1036938
To add a bit more description, all their bikes were $1000+ road bikes, and fancy looking fat bikes with an odd cruiser here and there. Mucho carbon fiber being displayed. They seemed to be uninterested when I went to replace my handlebars and wanted to spend 30-50 instead of like 100 or 120. None of them had any idea what butterfly/trekking bars were, one guy thought I wanted gary bars and another thought drops.
>>
>>1036938
It's a decently padded saddle too. Never had a problem with it being too hard to batter my ass hole bad, or too soft to sink in it. Also, I got the narrower one.

As to LBS' being expensive and lacking choice options - yeah, that's, like, the problem of all stationary shops. You can only store that much of stuff before you turn into a gosh darn storage, innit.
They'd keep only some of the stuff they can sell, but should be able to call in your items and return them back easily and with no BS (but that is shop specific so whatever).
>>
File: P-38-XT-for-2013.jpg (38KB, 622x469px) Image search: [Google]
P-38-XT-for-2013.jpg
38KB, 622x469px
I am waiting for you
>>
File: DSC_0231.jpg (2MB, 1888x1990px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0231.jpg
2MB, 1888x1990px
>>1036947
Thanks meng, you have been a true pal.

What kind of bike do you have?
>>
>>1036948
Never. My bosses husband had one, they are in my opinion, not convenient or suitable for anything I do. I bike for convenience, portability, mild exercise and transpirtation. A recumbent defeats the purpose for all of that.
>>
>>1036951
>My bosses husband
Are you the fluffer in his hareem or something?
>>
From the description of where the soreness is occurring it sounds like the saddle is too far back. The majority of your weight is supposed to be carried by your sit bones.
>>
>>1036933
>I'm 5'6
haha wow sorry about that man

anyway don't listen to these fucktards, i've got a 25 buck saddle that fits my ass perfect and I can be on it for hours

the trick: buy 15 saddles, return 14
>>
File: CWVGtsHUEAAJoYr.jpg (86KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CWVGtsHUEAAJoYr.jpg
86KB, 600x800px
>>1036977
Thank you so much. I think that may be a factor, but how then do I manage to atay in my drops at a low angle if my sit bones should be on the wide saddle? Currently my seat is set up to be angled downwards, that's what I am now trying out to see of it works.

>>1036974
My boss was sort of a woman, technically she was my supervisor as I was an independant contractor. Anyway.

>>1036979
It's a non-issue for me, never affected my life and l have had more gfs and hookups than I care to remember. Tallest girl I dated was 5'9 with flats and that was for 2 years.
>>
>>1036979
Manley reporting in. I can't stress this enough, the trick is finding the type and size of saddle that's right for you. A 200$ Brooks is going to feel like shit if it doesn't fit you while a spider tyoga with no padding will be comfy for hours as long as it fits.
>>
>>1037028
>Currently my seat is set up to be angled downwards
Problem with a downward angled saddle is that it tends to make you slide forward.
>>
File: GRACE_4.jpg (287KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
GRACE_4.jpg
287KB, 800x1200px
>>1037057
>Problem with a downward angled saddle is that it tends to make you slide forward.

Noted.

My gf got me drop bars so I have to change the setup anyway. Before I had riser bars and now that I've installed the drops and have the brakes attached I'm finding I have to drop the stem significantly and lower my seat greatly. Everything is changed and the seat I'm still playing with. I'm considering dropping the stem all the way so that my back can be positioned straight easier. I really need it to be flat no matter what position I am in. The stem has been dropped by maybe an inch and three quarters (inch and a half perhaps) and I think I will do it the half inch that is left.

My bike frame feels a lot smaller than before, before it felt too big but with the drops I'm finding it's really the perfect size but I'm still feeling it out.

Questions; is it ok to have the drops nearing the top of the wheel? Where should my head be positioned? How forward is too forward? Never had drops before but always wanted them, everything is very new but super comfy.
>>
>>1037043
yeah
even if you can't actually spend the money you can find a cool LBS that maybe can let you try them before buying or at the very least let you sit on them while they're laying on a chair to see where your sitbones land

sitting on the saddle on a chair is how i tried them, i sat on one and instanly felt my seatbones hit the saddle, then I realized that one was the one
>>
>>1036893
>>1036899
>>1036903
>>1036938
>>1036951
>no foot retention
>icantfaptothis.png
>>
>>1037092
One of our LBS has a saddle rental program that did me wonders. They let you rent out up to 6 saddles and give you a 10% off purchase at the end of the deal. Granted... the program cost $30, but getting the perfect fit is a godsend.
>>
File: 5ec450131af450cb9ebbdf0eaf1dfb61.jpg (138KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
5ec450131af450cb9ebbdf0eaf1dfb61.jpg
138KB, 736x1104px
>>1037115
Can you fap to this?
>>
>>1037096

It's always the worst when they're posing with a bike that has clipless pedals and are wearing regular shoes.

Everyone knows she never rode that thing who the fuck are they kidding ffs
>>
>>1036893
1) Proper bike shorts are amazing
2) Everyone's sitbones are different. You're probably going to have to test ride a bunch of different saddles.

>>1036900
Two of my friends love them. I got one; hated it - dick-numbness city after an hour or so.

Currently very happy with WTB Rocket and WTB Volt saddles on my bikes.
>>
>>1036949
Sure, whatever mate. Hope you'll sort your gooch numbness, one way or another.
Cheers.

>What kind of bike do you have?
I currently have 3 bikes, although one of them has to go: old ass (ca. 2008) trekking/cross/hybrid thing fitted for commute; road-y (gravel) go-fast bike and an "anglo" touring bike (you know, steel frame and drops).
If that says anything.
>>
>>1037028
Oh yeah, something I didn't think of. The position of the saddle is very important. Fiddle with it first and then get a new saddle, since, if it's set up wrong, getting a new one and just slapping it in there, won't fix a thing.
Pointing it downwards might get your mass point (or however you call it) forward, so onto your peni, try maybe levelling it and moving the saddle a lil bit forward. Or something.

>how then do I manage to atay in my drops at a low angle if my sit bones should be on the wide saddle?
Bend your back, keep the arms and shoulders loose, don't put too much weight forward.

But what do I know. I only been riding drops for [spoiler]6[/spoiler] months.
>>
>>1037076
It's OK to have the tops low. You know it's too low or too far forward when you can't comfortably reach them anymore or your power output drops. Generally the younger, fitter and more flexible you are the lower you can have your drops.

There are plenty of people who will straight up tell you the "optimal" set up for your bike given your measurements. Many of them will even charge for the privilege. However bike fitting is mostly a long process of trial and error until you've got it dialed in so that it fits you. And it can change as your body changes.
>>
>>1037076
>lower my seat
'no'
>>
>>1036893
Why is that bike up on a roof?
>>
>>1036931
>tfw saddles over 200gr
I love how crybabies weep over their sore asses.
Used Selle Italia SLR 135g sold for peanuts!
>>
>>1037206
>using saddles at all
>>
Save up and get a Brooks B17. Your pucci will thank you for it, eventually.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.