[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question: what is this noise i hear every full cycle of my bikes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: serveimage(21).jpg (499KB, 2000x1255px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(21).jpg
499KB, 2000x1255px
Question: what is this noise i hear every full cycle of my bikes wheel? Its a light click similar to the noise when you spin a wheel without pedaling (speaking of which what is that noise) but only once per cycle, not as frequent.

Its an apollo volare, brand new
>>
is the tire flat?
>>
>>1036703
Not really. Just checked and theyre well pumped
>>
Valve?
>>
It's your bottom bracket creaking. Depending on the bike and bb it might just need cleaning and lube. Saying that if it's a carbon frame and a pf30 bottom bracket it will creak forever.
>>
>>1036706
I don think it is carbon fibre, maybe aluminium?

Ill oil it for sure, wd40? Whats bb too?
>>
>>1036706
Just checked the bike spec and it's a sealed bearing so should be good if new. Check that your pedals are nice and tight on your crank arms as one might be a little loose
>>
>>1036707
Bb is bottom bracket. No to the wd40 unless you want to break it
>>
It's probably your rim hitting your brake pads lightly because your wheels isn't true.
>>
>>1036705
What could the presta valve be doing?

>>1036708
Will do in a few hours when i can

>>1036710
Not true? I did have slight issues sliding the front wheel in because of the brake pads
>>
>>1036711
I have the light click on my front wheel. It's because it's slightly out of tru.
>>
Is it once per rotation of the cranks?
If it's not check your chain for a damaged link.
>>
>>1036714
It happens only when im riding, i couldnt replicate it when pedaling or moving the wheel with my hands
>>
It can be a million things
>>
>>1036711
>What could the presta valve be doing?
Rattling against the rim hole. Cut a tight slit in a piece of electricians tape and put it over the rim hole with the valve stem going though the slit. It will keep the valve still enough to not rattle.
>>
File: tv.jpg (46KB, 364x375px) Image search: [Google]
tv.jpg
46KB, 364x375px
>get the mysterious drivetrain clicking noise
>clean and lube drivetrain
>click still there
>get new chain
>click still there
>retighten every screw in the bike
>click still there
>take pedals off and overhaul them
>click still there
>get wheels trued and retensioned
>click still there
>take BB apart, clean it, regrease it, put together
>noise is gone
>noise is back two days later
>>
>>1036738
My click brother, just had the same experience and it still fucking clicks and clangs. At least it's only mildly annoying when the brakes are squealing (after deglazing, scrubbing and toeing in + new pads) and the fucking cable stops are ripping from the frame. OH and theres an unusual rub/squeal under standing load that might be wheel flex or the BB in its death throes.
>>
>the "click"

- Check that the threads of your pedal spinals are greased and tight
- Check that all your chainring bolts are tight
- Check that your crank arm bolts are tight
- If you have them, check that your innertube valve collars are tight (or better yet, remove them)

If it's still clicking after this:

- Pull crank arms, check if BB cups are loose.

If it's STILL clicking after this:

- Pull BB
- Clean and grease cups and BB shell of frame,
- Reinstall BB

And if it is yet STILL clicking:

- Replace BB
>>
>>1036742
>pedal spinals
Pedal spindals*
>>
>>1036744
Spindles. It's a spindle you dolt.
>>
>>1036746
Spindulls*
>>
Once a click I was hearing turned out to be the reed switch in the wheel speed sensor. Only likely to hear that while off the bike and spinning wheel.

Another one that proved difficult to diagnose was when a chainring tooth would hit the front derailleur but only under load. Just needed to raise the FD a little.
>>
>>1036781
Once a click I could have sworn was coming from my drivetrain turned out to be the stem clamp, a little grease made away with it.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.