[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how the fuck could they not only stand this weather but actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

how the fuck could they not only stand this weather but actually perform well in fucking summer clothes?
>>
because old fools from the old schools
>>
because they be dumping massive watts
>>
>>1035523
Because unlike you they're not filthy casuals

HTFU, downtuber
>>
>>1035532
xD!!!
>>
>>1035523
That guy on the right is wearing a fucking hoodie, it's not that cold, bro.
>>
Because they are generating alot of body heat. The downside is that you'd need a fuckton of fast energy food.
>>
>>1035523
If you're actually working at a decent steady rate you generate your own heat. Only filthy casuals who toodle along at 10mph on the flat get cold.
>>
>>1035544
>you'd need a fuckton of fast energy food
LOL no, you also must be a casual, otherwise you'd know what a high percentage of the energy required in a well-conditioned athlete comes from bodyfat stores.
>>
>>1035523
when you move you'll get warm, simple as that
>>
>>1035523
Guarantee he'd perform 3x better if he had proper clothing. Same as today's pros, we're just better at preparing for this now. Also the descent would be impossible like that - I'm guessing it was a summit finish though.

I've done mountain ascents where it was actively snowing. The ascent is actually easier than you'd think, it's just the descent that sucks.
>>
A fuckload of drugs, that's how.
>>
>>1035523
People used to be pretty strong, remember the old climbers that went to Everest with just some ropes and shit clothes, many professional climbers from today wouldn't be able to achieve that.
>>
That's from the Gavia, which is over 2650m above sea level. Perhaps it was warm at the bottom, could be -6°c at the top and still 20°c at the bottom.
>>
>>1035763
Most of them died though
>>
>>1035523
By not being a pussy? Alpine ski racers wear skin suits on the descent and we don't even generate significant amounts of body heat
>>
probably just get use to it
>>
Assuming that the human body is ~25% efficient at turning food energy into mechanical energy at the cranks, and also that these guys do ~350 watts up the incline, we have: (350/0.25) - 350 = 1050 watts dissipated as heat into the body. That is about similar to most electric heaters.

Besides, a few flakes of snow and around -1C is... not extreme.
>>
ive gone up to 2400mts above sea level on t shirt and shorts. as you go up you generate heat and are fucking ok. buuuuuut, going down is where the pain is at. air is cold, how its steep as hell you cant put much force if any at the cranks (also think this roads have tons of curves).. so you are not producing heat.. = cold as fuck, actually had to stop a couple of times on the way down cause i was scared my hands woould stop responding.. pain cold. stopped did push ups, continued, repeatagain.
>>
One time I got stuck out in the snow about 20 minutes from home. I had winter gloves on but my hands were still frozen to the point that I was struggling to pull the brakes. The pain when the heat started to come back to my hands was the worst pain I've ever experienced. I curled up int he fetal position groaning until it passed. Fuck the snow
>>
>>1035523
because they were hard cunts, unlike you.
>>
>>>>
>>
>>1035756
This. Fuck you wind.
>>
>>1035822
Did it ever occur to you that clothing specifically designed for skiing might have a little bit more insulation than clothing designed to shed as much heat as possible?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.