[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You /n/iggers are all weak. Putting a 100 mile cycling run into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (41KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 384x384px
You /n/iggers are all weak. Putting a 100 mile cycling run into a pedestal calling it a "century" when couriers were doing the same distance EVERY DAY, and they dont even need to prepare and wear fancy clothing or bring banana, tools, and all those vanities you hipsters impose.
>>
quality bait m8

as a bike curry I did 70km on avg a day or less
>>
I can hit about 40 mph with a 53x11 on the flats with my road bike. I can hold this for a few miles before I burn out. I always end up running out of gearing with a 46t when in route to the trails.. I understand you think you are some eilte rider that 'knows' everything about biking but I think you are just weak as fuck.
>>
>>1034534
To be sure, it's bait, but I instinctively want to improve any process that I witness, even the process of trolling when the quality is low for no reason.

OP, a bike messenger might even ride more than 100 miles in a day (not that you'd know that, not even owning a bike yourself -- post yours WITH TIMESTAMP, by the way; having some demonstrable credibility when trolling is a basic requirement) but the difference between a purely recreational rider out for a 100-mile organized event and a bike messenger, is the recreational rider is riding the entire distance with only a few (or no) breaks at all, and the bike messenger is doing many short rides all day long. The recreational rider will finish his route in 6 to 7 hours, typically, and the bike messenger may spend 8 or more hours doing the same. The many breaks from riding the messenger takes makes all the difference in the world. Also the messenger, with all those breaks, has more opportunity to take in calories of all different types, including heavier foods that the recreational rider would be stupid to eat, riding longer distances.

>>1034537
>I can hit about 40 mph with a 53x11 on the flats with my road bike. I can hold this for a few miles before I burn out.
Not 100% sure if you're the OP or not, but a decent troll knows that the best lies are based on the truth. Not even the hour record holder could hold 40mph for 'a few miles'. Makes it sound like you don't ride a bike at all, because if you did you'd know better than to say something like this. Lacking credibility like this, few if any would fall for bait like this.
>but you posted in the thread so you fell for the bait, LOL!
Doesn't apply. Obvious bait is obvious, and as previously stated this is a 'teachable moment' for a nascent, neophyte troll like yourself. Really, bait of such low quality isn't even entertaining to the rest of us.
>>
>>1034533
Do fuck off, everyone knows couriers spend the bulk of their time sitting around on-call.
>>
>>1034570
Yeah I can do maybe like 25 for half a mile otherwise I cruise.
>>
>>1034533
yo whatup op? I just marathoned half an episode of yowapedal and rode about 100ft until I got a flat lol

I'm gonna go ahead and consider that a century though, cuz u kno it was a 100
>>
>>1034570
It's pasta you silly goose
>>
>>1034576
Good point. With all that sitting around waiting, you'd have to hop into the saddle and not even be warmed up until you got at least halfway to your destination, so your performance would be sub-optimal.
>>
>>1034533

Yeah it's easy when your tweaked out on meth. Also their dicks probably don't work... All so they can live in a sewer. Sounds like a sweet career.
>>
>>1034602
yeah it seems there are two types of couriers, the ones you mentioned and the trust fund kids playing around until their parents threaten to cut off their allowances they use to fund their messenger lifestyle.
>>
>was a courier in a small (ish) city for 6 years
>average 50 miles per day
>250 miles per week
>1000 miles per month
>12,000 miles per year
>12,000x6 = 72,000
>only had haemorrhoids twice
>>
>>1034613
Nah, here in Seattle they're mostly college-age kids that live in crappy houses with other couriers or bike shop employees. There's a lot of weed and cheap beer, but generally drug use stops there, and there's definitely no one bankrolling any of these guys lifestyle.

They're just poor and fine with being such.
>>
File: image.jpg (863KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
863KB, 3264x2448px
As a bike messager in nyc I have to say a few things about this
1. NOT 100 miles a day, 40-60 is average.
2. It is a lot harder to ride those miles straight, it's more like sprint, pickup, sprint, drop,sprint again...etc... so a lot of breaks in riding. That does make it easier.
3. We do it with a lot of weight of our backs. Carrying stuff that weighs up to 50-60lbs sometimes. Not all the time but sometimes. That will make it harder..,
4. We do it 5-6 days a week... Can you say the same?
5. It's riding in the city... Makes it even more difficult.
Here's a pic of my friend delivering some boxes
>>
>>1034632
This is pretty spot on, also messengers ride in all weather.

Also, being a messenger doesnt make you fast. You get good bike handling skills, learn the city and fitness to some extent. If you want to be really fast being on the street is bad for you, because you cant push a lot of power for long periods of time.
>>
>>1034632
Good post

As a road racer I train 15-18 hours per week, so that's 450-550 km, with usually one weekly endurance ride that's 120-140 km. 100 miles (160 km) is not rare, but the goal isn't to do the longest distance, but to ride the distance of the longest race of the season and still have enough threshold and sprint power left at the end to win. I couldn't care less that someone can ride further than me since I'm only targeting 100 km races.
>>
>>1034584
>implying everyone has seen every copypasta there ever was

>>1034637
>If you want to be really fast being on the street is bad for you, because you cant push a lot of power for long periods of time
True dat.
>>
>>1034632

that pic actually makes me miss the job alot for some reason
>>
>>1034622
I'm thinking more NYC messengers, apologies.

I know a few dudes in Seattle that run and they've told me they'd hook me up with a spot to crash and a job if I ever go up there. Nice guys, always fun to try to keep up with them when riding.
>>
>>1034632
thats a bunch of horseshit

its more like 15-30 miles a day
>>
How does one become a bike courier? Seems like a pretty fun job. I've never ridden a bicycle before.
>>
>>1034537

Please you pathetic fred. I can hold 50 mph indefinitely. Just yesterday I pulled a 2 hour century ride. It was nothing
>>
>>1034697
Hey grant

Pol is always right

>>1034726
These days its all about thr food jockeys.

Food jockey life. Just add bike and youll be killed by cabbies in notime

Stupid dumb cabbie scum
>>
File: tfw too intelligent.jpg (263KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
tfw too intelligent.jpg
263KB, 764x551px
>>1034783
>>1034537
>tfw too intelligent to ride a bike
LOL I just think about where I want to be in the Multiverse and I instantly teleport there. You hominids and your physical transportation are just pathetic, KYS.
>>
>>1034533
Nojoke i swear i retcognize people by their bike first andnforemost

Also ever since getting a brand bike ive gotten huge brandwhorey
>>
>>1034533
Im dead
>this shit fixie bike
>god awful chrome shoes
>hipster hat, no helmet
>doesnt bring any tools or food for the day

OPs been a messenger for 3 whole days watch out.
>>
>>1036238
Tbch i always wanted one of those banana holsters but never could bring myself to buy something so expensive and stupid
>>
>>1034533
why so angry op? :(
>>
>>1034533
>he doesn't ride an expensive bike for deliveries

Fuck off nigger I swear to God have some pride

You gonna show up to work on a huffy next? Maybe a company bike?

Fucking disgust me
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.